Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

received notice saying pr status is terminated

received notice saying pr status is terminated

Old Apr 25th 2017, 9:53 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: received notice saying pr status is terminated

Originally Posted by hungryhorace
OK. That I can agree with. ....
I think you are confusing "reliable" with "correct" ... even something that is unreliable can be correct some of the time, like the proverbial broken clock being right twice a day.
Old Apr 26th 2017, 3:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by groot
just an update, and info for anyone who comes across the similar situation, as the first replier was wrong
Er, no. No he wasn't!

spoke to my immigration lawyer today, and i am still able to live and work here, removal proceedings take a long time~
This is true, which is why I said to file an appeal.

i found out that if an rfe isn't sent it, they are supposed to set up an interview at your closest center, not terminate the petition and residency

my lawyer is very confident of getting this turned around and getting fees refunded, with that above fact, and that the case status site never showed me an rfe being sent

i'll continue with updates as and when i have them, thanks
..But the RFE WAS sent. You just didn't receive it. Big difference.

Listen to Ian. He can be an arse (as can I), but he mostly knows what he's talking about.
Old Apr 26th 2017, 4:27 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

just because it isn't reliable doesn't mean it is right
if they're willing to create and offer out this case status website on official letters they should at least maintain it efficiently
You think so. But that is not always the case. It is still relatively a new means of communication for the agency and not infallible.

I understand your anger and your frustration. Unfortunately, it is what it is and you have the assistance of a retained immigration attorney working on your behalf.

Have either you or him called to check with the USCIS when and where the RFE was mailed? There is also a place that your immigration can check to see if it had been returned to them by the USPS.
Old Apr 27th 2017, 2:00 am
Just Joined

groot is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry, i made a typo in that message, my lawyer stated that regardless of rfe being received or not, the next step is to always have an interview

i spoke to uscis last wednesday, and have requested, on their end, to have it reopened

got an email today from my imm. lawyet saying she's spoken to a liason at vermont and it's pretty clear a mistake was made, and an rfe probably wasn't needed anyway
Old Apr 27th 2017, 12:40 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, I made a typo in that message, ....
If you don't quote who you are replying to, we have no idea which post "that message" is.
..... my lawyer stated that regardless of RFE being received or not, the next step is to always have an interview

I spoke to USCIS last Wednesday, and have requested, on their end, to have it reopened.

I got an email today from my imm. lawyer saying she's spoken to a liaison at Vermont and it's pretty clear a mistake was made, and an RFE probably wasn't needed anyway.
Well that's good news. Hopefully things are back on track for you.

Good luck with your next step.
Old Apr 27th 2017, 12:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute

sorry, i made a typo in that message, my lawyer stated that regardless of rfe being received or not, the next step is to always have an interview

i spoke to uscis last wednesday, and have requested, on their end, to have it reopened

got an email today from my imm. lawyet saying she's spoken to a liason at vermont and it's pretty clear a mistake was made, and an rfe probably wasn't needed anyway
I would suggest that either you or your lawyer be the contact with USCIS, but not both.

Good luck and I hope it gets resolved promptly.
Old Apr 27th 2017, 1:59 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Whilst we're on this subject, I thought that only an IJ could revoke a persons LPR status?

For example, if an I-751 is denied, it is ultimately up to an IJ to remove the persons status, no?