Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Received my Social Security Card today...

Received my Social Security Card today...

Old Jun 1st 2004, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

Millana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Received my Social Security Card today...

This morning, we were going to visit out local SS office to see if they will provide me the number that was allocated for me. I am scheduled to have a job interview in Manhattan on Friday, I would just need the number, I dont think they will require me to show them the card itself. I know they told me to wait 7 to 10 working days, but I was gonna try anyway.. we went first to check our mail this morning... and there it was. Nice way to start the week and prepare for the interview.
Old Jun 1st 2004, 9:35 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Received my Social Security Card today...

Originally posted by Millana
This morning, we were going to visit out local SS office to see if they will provide me the number that was allocated for me. I am scheduled to have a job interview in Manhattan on Friday, I would just need the number, I dont think they will require me to show them the card itself. I know they told me to wait 7 to 10 working days, but I was gonna try anyway.. we went first to check our mail this morning... and there it was. Nice way to start the week and prepare for the interview.
About time!!!
CONGRATS!!!
Old Jun 1st 2004, 11:38 pm
Forum Regular

Millana is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
About time!!!
CONGRATS!!!
Thanks! I could say getting my SSN went pretty smooth. That is probably life's way of making it up considering what I had to go through with my EAD.
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

I find that SS and the IRS are very helpful and competent. So we know that a massive governmental agency CAN do a great job if run well.

Originally posted by Millana
Thanks! I could say getting my SSN went pretty smooth. That is probably life's way of making it up considering what I had to go through with my EAD.