Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Received my conditional permanent resident card :D

Received my conditional permanent resident card :D

Old Apr 19th 2005, 10:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about
Default Received my conditional permanent resident card :D

Woohoo!!! Today, exactly a week after having my AOS interview my card arrived. Hate the photo though!! lol

On the card the category says CF1. What does this stand for?

Also do I have to carry the card around with me?

Woohoo!! I am so happy especially as I am going back to England in 2 weeks and I won't be worried about my return trip with just that red inked stamp in my passport.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 10:28 pm
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Received my conditional permanent resident card :D

Originally Posted by whistlestop01
Woohoo!!! Today, exactly a week after having my AOS interview my card arrived. Hate the photo though!! lol

Woohoo!! I am so happy especially as I am going back to England in 2 weeks and I won't be worried about my return trip with just that red inked stamp in my passport.

CF1 is the code use to show you aos from a fiancee visa..
Old Apr 19th 2005, 10:37 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one
And the CF means it is conditional, so need to remove conditions in 2 years time minus 90 days.
And you should carry it around at all times....though I don't know what'll happen if you didn't carry it all the time, bit impractical in the shower or swimming pool and all that *l*
Old Apr 20th 2005, 12:56 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Today, exactly a week after having my AOS interview my card arrived.
Congratulations!

Ian
Old Apr 20th 2005, 1:31 am
Forum Regular

bridgecross will become famous soon enoughbridgecross will become famous soon enough

Fantastic!

We got ours exactly one week after the interview as well. You must have had an uncomplicated application.

And yes, by law you must carry your card with you at all times. On demand you must present it to anyone wearing a uniform, such as police, mail carriers, girl scouts or toll collectors on the turnpike.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 7:18 am
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

Bridgecross, can you point me to that law? I believe not even police officers are allowed to ask to see your permanent resident card, and you only have to show it to an immigration officer, if requested.
Also, as an aside - PR's under the age of 18 do not have to have proof of immigration status on them (that is the actual requirement - you need 'proof of your status' and the card would be the most likely evidence to carry around ).

Congrats on the card, Whistlestop!

Elaine
Old Apr 20th 2005, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

bridgecross will become famous soon enoughbridgecross will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by HunterGreen
Bridgecross, can you point me to that law? I believe not even police officers are allowed to ask to see your permanent resident card, and you only have to show it to an immigration officer, if requested.
Also, as an aside - PR's under the age of 18 do not have to have proof of immigration status on them (that is the actual requirement - you need 'proof of your status' and the card would be the most likely evidence to carry around ).

Congrats on the card, Whistlestop!

Elaine
Easily; you can find that law in Bridgecross' Big Book of Smarm and Sarcasm. Of COURSE you don't have to carry your green card with you! I should have placed a smiley on that.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 2:08 pm
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough

Congrats, looks pretty cool though doesn't it!
Old Apr 20th 2005, 2:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridgecross
Easily; you can find that law in Bridgecross' Big Book of Smarm and Sarcasm. Of COURSE you don't have to carry your green card with you! I should have placed a smiley on that.
When you say girl scout, that is easily recognizable as sarcasm. However, you ARE to carry proof of PR status with you at all times, and the PR card is such proof.
You are NOT required to show it to anyone except an immigration officer, though.
When you also say police officer (before you got to the mail carrier and girl scout part), that is not sarcasm - it could be taken as the truth by some people. It is important that people are aware that police officers are NOT allowed to ask to see your PR card, and that they are not confused by such remarks.

Elaine
Old Apr 20th 2005, 3:06 pm
L D Jones

bridgecross wrote:
    >>Bridgecross, can you point me to that law? I believe not even police
    >>officers are allowed to ask to see your permanent resident card, and
    >>you only have to show it to an immigration officer, if requested.
    >>Also, as an aside - PR's under the age of 18 do not have to have proof
    >>of immigration status on them (that is the actual requirement - you
    >>need 'proof of your status' and the card would be the most likely
    >>evidence to carry around ;)).
    >>Congrats on the card, Whistlestop! :)
    >>Elaine
    >
    >
    > Easily; you can find that law in Bridgecross' Big Book of Smarm and
    > Sarcasm. Of COURSE you don't have to carry your green card with you! I
    > should have placed a smiley on that.
    >

Technically, I think one is required to carry the permanent resident
card but if I had one I wouldn't carry it since it would be more
difficult to replace it if lost or stolen than the trouble that might be
caused by not having it on the street since it seems relatively unlikely
to be demanded by "the authorities." For the same reasons, I don't carry
my social security card. My wife does carry her permanent resident card.

Old Apr 20th 2005, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

LD,

One could actually carry a copy of the card and keep the card itself in a safe place at home. By that, one fulfills two contradicting official statements - one saying a person is 'required to keep proof of PR status on you at all times', and the other: 'being the owner of a valid card, knowing where it is and being able to present it to an immigration officer, if requested'.

Elaine
Old Apr 20th 2005, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for the info...........I'd be worried about carrying it around in case my bag got stolen or lost so I am thinking of carrying a copy around with me and leaving the card at home.

It is a pretty cool card with the holograms.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 9:53 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

CONGRATULATIONS!!
Do you mean CR1??
You are going to England in 2 weeks? Woooo!!, would you say hi to my mommy??
Old Apr 20th 2005, 10:08 pm
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hypertweeky
CONGRATULATIONS!!
Do you mean CR1??
You are going to England in 2 weeks? Woooo!!, would you say hi to my mommy??

hyper you get CF1 when you adjust from k-1
Old Apr 20th 2005, 10:10 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by candy wy.
hyper you get CF1 when you adjust from k-1
Opps my bad! Thank you for telling me girlie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.