Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Received my 1st NOA for I-129F (K3)

Wikiposts

Received my 1st NOA for I-129F (K3)

Old Oct 18th 2003, 9:43 pm

superdesi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Received my 1st NOA for I-129F (K3)

Today, it finally came in the mail but I have some questions about the receipt number, etc.

It reads MSC - 04 - 010 -*****

Why does it read the year 2004 instead of "03" ?

Also on the NOA received in the mail it says the "Received Date" is 10/10/03 and the "Notice Date" is 10/13/03 , however when I check online case status......it says that my petition was received on 10/14/03. Why the discrepancy?

They also left out my middle initial. Should I inform them to correct it or not?

I guess I am getting a little paranoid about accuracy.

Thanks.
Old Oct 18th 2003, 10:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Received my 1st NOA for I-129F (K3)

Originally posted by superdesi
Today, it finally came in the mail but I have some questions about the receipt number, etc.

Also on the NOA received in the mail it says the "Received Date" is 10/10/03 and the "Notice Date" is 10/13/03 , however when I check online case status......it says that my petition was received on 10/14/03. Why the discrepancy?

They also left out my middle initial. Should I inform them to correct it or not?

Thanks.

The MSC indicates that your application is being processed at the Missouri Service Center (Also some times refered to as the National Benifits Center)

The 04 is Because is is being processed in the year 2004. (CIS starts a new fiscal year on October 1'st)

010 indicates the tenth day of the new year

FWIW my NOA indicated receipt on Aug. 18, the Action date was Aug. 19, and online It is Aug. 20. You can draw your own conclusions; but, I take it to mean it was received on the first date, the letter processed on the second date, and keyed into the computer on the third date.

Hope this give you some relief,

Tony
Old Oct 18th 2003, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by superdesi

Thanks.
Oooops...They also omitted my middle initial. At least they are somewhat consistent.

Tony
Old Oct 19th 2003, 2:55 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Tony and Desi,

I have the same date pattern that you fellows do:

USPS Delivered Date: Oct 02
NOA Received Date: Oct 02
NOA Notice Date: Oct 03
Online Received Date: Oct 06

My guess, and it's only a guess, is that the NOA is issued from Chicago and the Online Status info is entered when the file is 'received' in Missouri.

What do you have for the 1st of the last 5 digits in the Receipt Number? Mine is 6xxxx. I'm trying to figure out that '6' - is it unique to the MSC/NBC, or is it a change (from 5) for the new fiscal year.

Originally posted by lpdiver
The MSC indicates that your application is being processed at the Missouri Service Center (Also some times refered to as the National Benifits Center)

The 04 is Because is is being processed in the year 2004. (CIS starts a new fiscal year on October 1'st)

010 indicates the tenth day of the new year

FWIW my NOA indicated receipt on Aug. 18, the Action date was Aug. 19, and online It is Aug. 20. You can draw your own conclusions; but, I take it to mean it was received on the first date, the letter processed on the second date, and keyed into the computer on the third date.

Hope this give you some relief,

Tony
Old Oct 19th 2003, 3:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
Tony and Desi,

I have the same date pattern that you fellows do:

USPS Delivered Date: Oct 02
NOA Received Date: Oct 02
NOA Notice Date: Oct 03
Online Received Date: Oct 06

My guess, and it's only a guess, is that the NOA is issued from Chicago and the Online Status info is entered when the file is 'received' in Missouri.

What do you have for the 1st of the last 5 digits in the Receipt Number? Mine is 6xxxx. I'm trying to figure out that '6' - is it unique to the MSC/NBC, or is it a change (from 5) for the new fiscal year.
It is a change....mine is a 5
Old Oct 19th 2003, 3:23 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Tony,

Thanks.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by lpdiver
It is a change....mine is a 5
Old Oct 19th 2003, 7:14 am

superdesi is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine is also a 6****.

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
Tony and Desi,