Reason for consulate changes?

Old Mar 18th 2004, 6:21 am
Clubraf

Default Reason for consulate changes?

Recently my fiance finally received all of her paperwork from the consulate in
her home country. Originally I had written down the consulate that they should
plan to have her interview and processing be at (since it was the closest one
to her city). However, the NVC changed the interview and processing to a
completely different consulate, one that isn't even near where she lives.

This actually is not a big problem for her or me, but I'm just wondering why
the State Department doesn't always schedule processing at consulates
originally marked down on the 129-F application? Does anyone have any ideas?

Old Mar 18th 2004, 7:00 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reason for consulate changes?

Curious.....where is she, what consulate did you list, and to where was it changed?

~SecretGarden
Old Mar 18th 2004, 7:05 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Clubraf the State Department doesn't always schedule processing at consulates
originally marked down on the 129-F application? Does anyone have any ideas?
Perhaps they don't do visa processing at the Consulate you selected. In many countries with multiple posts, only one issues immigrant visas (and they count K1/K3 as such).
Old Mar 18th 2004, 7:51 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I concur with meauxna's post. My fiance lives in Istanbul, where there is a US Embassy/Consulate, but that particular one does not process immigrant visas. (K is considered "immigrant" to them.) That process is done in Ankara, a 4-hour bus ride from Istanbul. So that sounds to me like a good reason they might have changed what you originally requested.

Best Wishes!
Rene
Old Mar 18th 2004, 9:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with what everyone else has says. My fiance lives in Scotland. It would have been much easier for him to go to the Edinburgh consulate rather than having to fly down to London for the medical and interview. But Edinburgh does not process any visas of any type (according to the website). Edinburgh is there apparently for US citizens but not much else.

It's inconvenient but not imposible for her to travel I hope.

Cheers,
Jamie