Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Really quick I-131 AP question...

Wikiposts

Really quick I-131 AP question...

Old Nov 13th 2009, 3:45 am
Forum Regular

jetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud of
Default Really quick I-131 AP question...

I am doing my AOS from a K1 visa....I just want to make sure that on this form in Part 2 (Application Type), should I be selecting d. I am applying for an advanced parole document to allow me to return to the United States after temporary foreign travel.

It's the only one that sounds right, but just didn't want to assume and I haven't found anything about the form in searches.

Also, I've left date of departure and length of trip blank as I don't know these details yet and I've chosen 'more than one trip' as again I may need it more than once. Sound ok?

Thanks
Old Nov 13th 2009, 3:57 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Really quick I-131 AP question...

Originally Posted by jetbedlam
I am doing my AOS from a K1 visa....I just want to make sure that on this form in Part 2 (Application Type), should I be selecting d. I am applying for an advanced parole document to allow me to return to the United States after temporary foreign travel.

It's the only one that sounds right, but just didn't want to assume and I haven't found anything about the form in searches.

Also, I've left date of departure and length of trip blank as I don't know these details yet and I've chosen 'more than one trip' as again I may need it more than once. Sound ok?

Thanks
"d" is correct.

I wouldn't leave anything blank, though...put in a bogus date (they won't hold you to it), or put "unknown at this time" or something. And yes, check the "multiple entry" choice.

Rene
Old Nov 13th 2009, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

jetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud of

Thanks Rene. I had heard of others leaving those two fields blank (Pepsichic noted in her AOS help guide that she had done that). The date that I travel is entirely dependent on when I get the AP document so I wasn't sure what to put and the date of travel field is supposed to be date format.

Another quick question - I've also noticed others talking about detailing the reason for the trip, now on the form it says in Part 3 'If you are applying for an Advance Parole Document, skip to Part 7' which I have done which bypasses the section where you give info on your proposed travel, is this correct?
Old Nov 13th 2009, 8:14 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Rene. I had heard of others leaving those two fields blank (Pepsichic noted in her AOS help guide that she had done that). The date that I travel is entirely dependent on when I get the AP document so I wasn't sure what to put and the date of travel field is supposed to be date format.
We put in some arbitrary date and then never traveled. Or, if leaving it blank is OK, do that. Or, you can write in "unknown at this time" with a pen after you've printed it out.

Another quick question - I've also noticed others talking about detailing the reason for the trip, now on the form it says in Part 3 'If you are applying for an Advance Parole Document, skip to Part 7' which I have done which bypasses the section where you give info on your proposed travel, is this correct?
You are correct in skipping to Part 7. I believe there is a part where it asks you to specify on a separate sheet of paper how you qualify for using AP (something like that). That's where we wrote a little bit about the reason my husband might need to travel, along with how he qualifies for AP.

Rene
Old Nov 13th 2009, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Rene.

Nearly there.....
Old Nov 13th 2009, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
You are correct in skipping to Part 7. I believe there is a part where it asks you to specify on a separate sheet of paper how you qualify for using AP (something like that). That's where we wrote a little bit about the reason my husband might need to travel, along with how he qualifies for AP.

Rene
I included a photocopy of my signed I-485 and wrote on it "photocopy as evidence of qualifying for Advance Parole for form I-131" in big black permenant marker across the front (and highlighted it so they couldnt miss it).

They were fine with it.
Old Nov 13th 2009, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, I am including that too (as per your help guide which has been brilliant...I had most of it straight in my head already, but it's really helped keep me right...and sane!)
Old Nov 13th 2009, 2:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

Wirelessly posted (LG-GR500/V10f Teleca/Q7.0 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 UP.Link/6.3.1.17.0)

im glad its helping you out just stay calm and everything will work out ok
Old Nov 16th 2009, 6:23 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

jb,

I agree with Rene. Try to develop the habit of not leaving questions unanswered (and not answering with N/A even when N/A really is a valid answer, which it usually is not).

Often blanks (or N/As) don't create a problem, but sometimes they do, so why risk it? Develop the habit of putting something in response to every question so that the reader will not have cause to wonder if you missed seeing the question.

Regards, JEff

Thanks Rene. I had heard of others leaving those two fields blank (Pepsichic noted in her AOS help guide that she had done that).