Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Real processing times for I485 in CA

Real processing times for I485 in CA

Old Oct 30th 2002, 9:11 am
Just Joined

idiotnonsavant is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Real processing times for I485 in CA

When I received my various receipts they had processing times in the multiples of months. Now that didn't match reality. Three weeks after the receipt dates I got the AP and the fingerprint appointment. Five days after the fingerprint the INS web site showed that they had the results and processing is proceeding. In the past my friends often waited more than three months to get the finger print results back into the INS (they got repeat fingerprinting appointments but FBI said they already processed the results).

So how long do I really have left to wait? It's a few weeks since the finger prints.

It will be a great relief to move from the H1B "sudden death" state to the Green Card "welcome to the USA" state. I don't have any plans to do anything different after I get the green card (small party, replace nasty Ford), but with the current hi-tech situation I will certainly rest easier when I'm not just a whim (redundancy) from deportation.