Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Ready to leave... anything I've forgotten?

Wikiposts

Ready to leave... anything I've forgotten?

Old Dec 15th 2008, 4:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ready to leave... anything I've forgotten?

Just in time for some great weather. At least, I assume Cincy is going to get the same stuff we are tonight.

Glad you made it safe and sound! Will see you on Saturday!
Old Dec 15th 2008, 5:07 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by clarissageo
We made it!!

Finally got here, after what seems like an eternal flight - 9 hours from Gatwick to Cincinnati, way way too much turbulence for my liking!
Hi:

Welcome.

East to west flights always take longer -- the Trade Winds are against you. I used to fly from LA to Asia a lot, and sometimes to Israel -- 9 hours is nowhere near a "forever" flight. Those Trans-Pacific flights have made anything less that 10 hours a breeze for me.

Turbulence is something else and I don't like it. I am currently working on an appellate brief -- DHS trying to take client's marriage IR-1 card away on accusation of fraud. Flight from Asia made not one, but two aborted take-offs and third time worked -- 19 hours late! Then the last six hours of the 12 hour flight were in extreme turbulence -- could not even get up to go to the bathroom! Then landed behind 10 747's from Asia so an hour on line at Bradley. We had evidence that client was catatonic when taken into secondary where an extremely inconsistent written statement was taken [client stated under oath that she spent 14 years in unlawful status in the US between her "first entry" in 1998 and 2003 -- a neat trick if I ever saw one] and ended up being the only piece of evidence. BIA saw no "justification" for our request they follow the applicable law.

Welcome to the US.
Old Dec 15th 2008, 5:35 am
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SallyCinnamon
Thank you!

I'm hoping for a lot of sleep on the plane, I'm exhausted - barely slept a wink last night due to butterflies in tummy and a very hot hotel room. So far my first flight looks to be on schedule...
Where are you flying to? It's very possible you'll be looking back on the hot hotel room with affection.
Bismarck, ND? -17 F
Pasco, WA? 6 F

And that's WITHOUT the wind chill. That takes it down to below -30 F in ND!
Old Dec 15th 2008, 12:54 pm
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Welcome to America, you Happy Mob!
Lucky us, we get you now!
lol.... tyvm!!

And OMG.... it is soooooooooo cold! We've been out pretty much all day getting the christmas decorations and were chuffed to bits that Garden ridge have 50% off everything!! We got all our decorations and tree and outside lights for less that the original price of the tree...... I've got hubby working his little ass off trying to light the fire!

Mr F - If I had been on that flight from Asia you would have spotted me being the one hyperventilating and rocking and dribbling - there is no way I could have coped with 6 hours of turbulence without having a full blown breakdown!

Before our flight took off I had a panic attack and was telling DH that I wanted to get off the plane - I was done, didn't want to go, just wanted off.... It took my 11 year old son to grab hold of my hand and say 'MUM..... our life is over there now, not here, now calm down and let me fasten your seatbelt'..... bless him!
Old Dec 15th 2008, 1:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clarissageo
lol.... tyvm!!

And OMG.... it is soooooooooo cold! We've been out pretty much all day getting the christmas decorations and were chuffed to bits that Garden ridge have 50% off everything!! We got all our decorations and tree and outside lights for less that the original price of the tree...... I've got hubby working his little ass off trying to light the fire!

Mr F - If I had been on that flight from Asia you would have spotted me being the one hyperventilating and rocking and dribbling - there is no way I could have coped with 6 hours of turbulence without having a full blown breakdown!

Before our flight took off I had a panic attack and was telling DH that I wanted to get off the plane - I was done, didn't want to go, just wanted off.... It took my 11 year old son to grab hold of my hand and say 'MUM..... our life is over there now, not here, now calm down and let me fasten your seatbelt'..... bless him!
Welcome to the 'Nati Clarissa! Thanks for the tip on Garden Ridge - check out HomeGoods soon - they have all kinds of Christmas goodies that are fun and affordable. We'll have you eating Skyline in no time.

Aw - your son sounds sweet.
Old Dec 15th 2008, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kaffy Mintcake
We'll have you eating Skyline in no time.
I thought we wanted her to STAY in the US?
Old Dec 15th 2008, 1:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bill_S
I thought we wanted her to STAY in the US?
It's (cough) an acquired taste.
Old Dec 15th 2008, 3:20 pm
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute

Its on my list to try....... I've promised DH I'd try it, I didn't say when though!!

We've given my very set in her ways mother a dose of Long John Silvers and CiCi's pizza in the last couple of days.... she didn't look impressed, so goodness knows what she'll do if I throw a couple of cheese coneys uner her nose
Old Dec 15th 2008, 3:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

sambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a bit late to the party.. sorry Welcome to America sweetie.. I hope its all you've dreamed it would be xx
Old Dec 15th 2008, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

mojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud of

I love Skyline and so do my mates who came over for my wedding .... In fact I've just spent $110 sending Skyline chili mix back to the UK

Old Dec 16th 2008, 3:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

I can't stand Skyline. bleh!! Real chili doesn't have pasta in it, and it doesn't have a hint of cinnamon in it.
Old Dec 16th 2008, 4:12 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
I can't stand Skyline. bleh!! Real chili doesn't have pasta in it, and it doesn't have a hint of cinnamon in it.
I think I'm in luuuuuuuv
It sounds good to me.
Old Dec 16th 2008, 5:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by meauxna
I think I'm in luuuuuuuv
It sounds good to me.
You kidding right? As a kid I liked Skyline, but after moving around a bit, have to say that it aint' close to the real deal. Skyline reminds more of a spaghetti bolegnese (sp?) cuz it's basically a 'chili' sauce pouredo ver spaghetti.

Skyline has their fanatic following, but I can't understand why.
Old Dec 16th 2008, 11:29 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
I can't stand Skyline.
I have to agree with you. I like chili, but Skyline makes me want to throw up... violently and immediately. It's the most disgusting variation on chili that I know.

Ian
Old Dec 16th 2008, 12:02 pm
Dizzy Blonde

Ewwww after hearing all this I think I'll give a miss - cinnamon? *pukes* I can't even stand the smell of the stuff let alone the taste......

Perhaps I'll have to try a bit first just to keep the old man quiet - whenever I say no to trying something I get told 'I tried everything you put in front of me in England' *yawn*..............

White Castle nearly made me hurl as well........ the smell.... ewwwwww the smell..... and the look of those slimy little mini burgers ACK

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.