Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Ready to leave... anything I've forgotten?

Wikiposts

Ready to leave... anything I've forgotten?

Old Dec 13th 2008, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

mojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud of
Default Re: Ready to leave... anything I've forgotten?

I hope you both have a good flight and a positive experience with the nice immigration officers

I picked up my Ohio State ID today, something that you can both look forward to doing .......unless plan getting a driving licence because you can't have both .....

Old Dec 14th 2008, 1:58 pm
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute

We made it!!

Finally got here, after what seems like an eternal flight - 9 hours from Gatwick to Cincinnati, way way too much turbulence for my liking!

Going through immigration was pretty slow, but only because it seemed like the whole plane was full of brits! Every time we've gone through CVG in the past it has been so fast, but this time it was over an hour of queuing! Once I got through the first desk though it was really fast and painless in secondary, and the POE officers were really friendly and relaxed, had a laugh and joke with the kids - called them convicts when they took their fingerprints!

Funniest thing was when the Officer at secondary asked how long we'd been married - I told him it was our 1st wedding anniversary in 14 days and he said 'is it? it says here you've been married since October 23rd 2006 - is it really less than a year?' I said ummm yeah - I think the date you are looking at is my husbands divorce date..... he then hollared across the room to one of the others 'Its less than 2 years - change it quick!' lol - I asked him if he was about to give me a 10 year card and he laughed his ass off - said he was!!

He then went on to remind me, since he then realised it was a CR not an IR we were on that I needed to remove conditions in 2 years less 90 days, and to pop down to the Social security office in a week or so to make sure my number had been ordered, then told me 'Welcome to America' I couldn't resist to say to him.... 'Thankyou, I like 'welcome home'' - he said 'Yeah - Welcome home' with a HUGE grin.

All in all, pretty painless..... so now We've just got these 12 damn cases to unpack - anyone fancy helping
Old Dec 14th 2008, 2:08 pm
Professional Drama Queen

Songbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond repute

Woohoooo! Welcome to America!!!!!

Glad you made it ok and the flight was bearable ( hate turbulence!) Oh well just time enough for you to unpack and settle in for Xmas! Oh I bet the kids are sooo excited!! Heck I'm excited for you all!
Old Dec 14th 2008, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

mojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud of

Welcome to Cincinnati .......

12 cases ?????? I arrived with 2 cases and an x-ray (which I'm still waiting for someone to look at *lol*) .....
Old Dec 14th 2008, 3:02 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clarissageo
We made it!!
Congratulations!

Ian
Old Dec 14th 2008, 3:46 pm
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

We made it!!
Good stuff! Welcome, and have a nice day!
Old Dec 14th 2008, 4:02 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats!
Old Dec 14th 2008, 4:50 pm
Flaky Red-headed Goodness

SallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud of

Congratulations

My turn no, just had my wake-up call at the hotel, will be at the airport in 2 hours...
Old Dec 14th 2008, 4:55 pm
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SallyCinnamon
Congratulations

My turn no, just had my wake-up call at the hotel, will be at the airport in 2 hours...
Just sent you some vitamin K for a quick and uneventful trip...
Old Dec 14th 2008, 5:17 pm
Flaky Red-headed Goodness

SallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud of

Thank you!

I'm hoping for a lot of sleep on the plane, I'm exhausted - barely slept a wink last night due to butterflies in tummy and a very hot hotel room. So far my first flight looks to be on schedule...
Old Dec 14th 2008, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

gstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond repute

We made it!!

Finally got here, after what seems like an eternal flight - 9 hours from Gatwick to Cincinnati, way way too much turbulence for my liking!

Going through immigration was pretty slow, but only because it seemed like the whole plane was full of brits! Every time we've gone through CVG in the past it has been so fast, but this time it was over an hour of queuing! Once I got through the first desk though it was really fast and painless in secondary, and the POE officers were really friendly and relaxed, had a laugh and joke with the kids - called them convicts when they took their fingerprints!

Funniest thing was when the Officer at secondary asked how long we'd been married - I told him it was our 1st wedding anniversary in 14 days and he said 'is it? it says here you've been married since October 23rd 2006 - is it really less than a year?' I said ummm yeah - I think the date you are looking at is my husbands divorce date..... he then hollared across the room to one of the others 'Its less than 2 years - change it quick!' lol - I asked him if he was about to give me a 10 year card and he laughed his ass off - said he was!!

He then went on to remind me, since he then realised it was a CR not an IR we were on that I needed to remove conditions in 2 years less 90 days, and to pop down to the Social security office in a week or so to make sure my number had been ordered, then told me 'Welcome to America' I couldn't resist to say to him.... 'Thankyou, I like 'welcome home'' - he said 'Yeah - Welcome home' with a HUGE grin.

All in all, pretty painless..... so now We've just got these 12 damn cases to unpack - anyone fancy helping
Congratulations!
Old Dec 14th 2008, 9:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

notacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations! Sounds like you could have saved yourself the cost and hassle of removing conditions though!
Old Dec 15th 2008, 12:28 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by notacrime
Sounds like you could have saved yourself the cost and hassle of removing conditions though!
Fortunately though, she did the right thing!

Ian
Old Dec 15th 2008, 12:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Redwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ready to leave... anything I've forgotten?

Congratulations, and welcome. Sorry that you had a rough flight, but you landed safely. Have a happy and enoyable Christmas
Old Dec 15th 2008, 4:06 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to America, you Happy Mob!
Lucky us, we get you now!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.