Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Ready to AOS but about to move

Wikiposts

Ready to AOS but about to move

Old Mar 25th 2004, 7:33 am
BE Forum Addict

DCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really nice
Default Re: Ready to AOS but about to move

Originally posted by Rumplestiltskin
Thanks Capt.Kirk... I will avoid wasting my time with said loser!
Dave W talking to himself again!
Old Mar 25th 2004, 8:55 am
With 'er indoors :-D

Rumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really nice

Originally posted by DCMark
Dave W talking to himself again!
Talking to himself??? How can that be when it was I that was replying - strange!

Originally posted by lpdiver
If he is your attorney of record he will be getting all the notices. It is you that is moving and not him...right?
Yes it's me that is moving and me that is applying for AOS not my attorney. If you have some information that would help the OP kindly post it instead of being a nobhead and trying to rile me!

I'm guessing from yours and others posts that my information was not of use to the OP and that you have information that would be of use... however for some unbeknown reason you seem to wish to hold back on this knowlege that may be useful to the OP?

Surely that is the entire purpose of these forums - to offer help and advice based on legal knowlege or personal experience to others so that they can have an easier journey through the immigration process...

Or do you just come here to demonstrate your ignorance?

Your original reply to my original response to the OP's question should have been something along the lines of - "actually Rumplestiltskin your attorney isn't quite correct because...".

If you don't have anything useful to contribute why bother?
Old Mar 25th 2004, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

lucymoody is an unknown quantity at this point

Um, I hate to interrupt the flow of this lovely argument, but does any have any advice to contribute? I'm really stuck and would appreciate any input!
Cheers!
Lucy

Originally posted by Rumplestiltskin
Talking to himself??? How can that be when it was I that was replying - strange!

Yes it's me that is moving and me that is applying for AOS not my attorney. If you have some information that would help the OP kindly post it instead of being a nobhead and trying to rile me!

I'm guessing from yours and others posts that my information was not of use to the OP and that you have information that would be of use... however for some unbeknown reason you seem to wish to hold back on this knowlege that may be useful to the OP?

Surely that is the entire purpose of these forums - to offer help and advice based on legal knowlege or personal experience to others so that they can have an easier journey through the immigration process...

Or do you just come here to demonstrate your ignorance?

Your original reply to my original response to the OP's question should have been something along the lines of - "actually Rumplestiltskin your attorney isn't quite correct because...".

If you don't have anything useful to contribute why bother?
Old Mar 25th 2004, 1:26 pm
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

I always though you are supposed to notify the USCIS 2 weeks before the move.
If Wrong.. someone please correct me nicely...
Once AOS has been filed it is your duty to keep them informed as to your place of residence, if you move you must inform them within 10 days.

Was that nice enough Hyper?
Old Mar 25th 2004, 3:05 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Lucy you need form AR11

go here for it http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/ar-11.htm
Old Mar 26th 2004, 12:30 am
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

Lucy the point is that if he is being represented by an attorney and only moving a few miles there should be no issues.
1. Yes you should notify the USCIS when moving.
2. Also notify your local post office.
3. Your attorney would get any notices and be able to telephone you or forward you any information immediately.
4. This process takes long enough as it is with out making unneeded delays.

Good luck all,

Originally posted by lucymoody
Um, I hate to interrupt the flow of this lovely argument, but does any have any advice to contribute? I'm really stuck and would appreciate any input!
Cheers!
Lucy
Old Mar 26th 2004, 1:46 am
Forum Regular

lucymoody is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks lpdiver. I'm well aware of having to file the form to notify USCIS (did that when we moved to the States). I'm actually moving to a different state, not just a few miles away. My main concern is my file getting lost between local offices. Also I don't have an attorney. I appreciate the suggestion about the post office, and wil certainly have my mail forwarded.
Cheers,
Lucy

Originally posted by lpdiver
Lucy the point is that if he is being represented by an attorney and only moving a few miles there should be no issues.
1. Yes you should notify the USCIS when moving.
2. Also notify your local post office.
3. Your attorney would get any notices and be able to telephone you or forward you any information immediately.
4. This process takes long enough as it is with out making unneeded delays.

Good luck all,
Old Mar 26th 2004, 1:49 am
With 'er indoors :-D

Rumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really nice

There ya go lpdiver - isn't it better to offer some kind of constructive advice?

Lucy, you can notify the post office of your change of address online here:

http://www.usps.com/moversguide/welc...=changeaddress