Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Re: timeline on K1 fiance visa

Wikiposts

Re: timeline on K1 fiance visa

Old Dec 7th 2003, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: timeline on K1 fiance visa

Hi there all,

We have finally had our approval for the I-129F forms for a fiance visa. We sent in our forms in June and its taken us till December to hear from them. I dont know if it has taken anyone else that long or not. My question is, How long does it take for the Vermont Service Center to send the forms to London Embassy and how long does it take for the Embassy to send me (alien) the forms. Is there any way I can quicken up the process????? I would appreciate it if someone could give me an idea.

Also how long does it take once my forms have been sent in do I hear when my interview is going to be?

Thank you xxxxx
Old Dec 7th 2003, 9:49 am
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by whistlestop01
Hi there all,

We have finally had our approval for the I-129F forms for a fiance visa. We sent in our forms in June and its taken us till December to hear from them. I dont know if it has taken anyone else that long or not. My question is, How long does it take for the Vermont Service Center to send the forms to London Embassy and how long does it take for the Embassy to send me (alien) the forms. Is there any way I can quicken up the process????? I would appreciate it if someone could give me an idea.

Also how long does it take once my forms have been sent in do I hear when my interview is going to be?

Thank you xxxxx
TIMELINE FOR MY VISA:

June 2003 - sent in I-129F
September 2003 - wrote back asking for more evidence of how we met
4th December 2003 - website showing I-129F has been approved now waiting for written confirmation.
Old Dec 7th 2003, 10:02 am
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light

What happens now is Vermont will sent your application to NVC (National Visa Center) in New Hampshire for processing, and they in turn will send it on to London.
This part can take anywhere from a couple of weeks to a couple of months. Usually, as long as it is a straight forward case and there are no IBIS hits or fraud suspicions London will receive the file fairly quickly.
You can call NVC to enquire about your case:
Dial 603-334-0700. At the automated menu, press 1, and then 2. If you receive a message saying you are being routed back to the main menu due to weight of calls, hang up and try again. If you receive a message saying you may have to wait xxx minutes for an operator, then hold the line and you will get to talk to an NVC operator. Quote them your Vermont receipt number and they will tell you if they have received it, if it is being processed, and if they have sent it on to London. If they have received it, they will give you a new case number, starting with the letters LND.

TIMELINE FOR MY VISA:
4th December 2003 - website showing I-129F has been approved now waiting for written confirmation.
Old Dec 7th 2003, 10:03 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

TIMELINE FOR MY VISA:

Good grief!!! That's an incredibly long wait you've had so far with Vermont.

Our petition was received at VSC on 12th September. It was approved on 4th October and I received packet 3 from the Embassy in London on 24th October. My medical and interview happened on 1st December.

We literally flew through the whole process!!!

Here's hoping that the process moves faster for you.

Best wishes

Tam
Old Dec 7th 2003, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

Alecca is an unknown quantity at this point

Our timeline is in my signature, hope it helps There's more detailed info in our webpage too

Good luck
Old Dec 7th 2003, 1:15 pm
Heading home for X-mas...

Endymion is an unknown quantity at this point

TIMELINE FOR MY VISA:

Just to add my timeline- though I did not go through London but Frankfurt, our petition got trapped in VSC, too... In our case it took them exactly 60 days to put the petition back on an officer's desk after additional info was received... Seems to me like something similar might have happened in your case. Anyhow, you most likely will be amazed about the speed of the rest of the process!

Good luck,

Rebecca.
Old Dec 7th 2003, 1:37 pm
The Survivors!!

Clare & Steven is an unknown quantity at this point

My timeline shows a six month wait for Vermont too...welcome to the club (grrr). It WILL speed up now that you got the approval. Usually the interview is about 6-8 weeks from the 2nd NOA.
Best of luck...you're almost done!!
Clrae
Old Dec 8th 2003, 8:58 pm
Hazard

> We have finally had our approval for the I-129F forms for a fiance
    > visa. We sent in our forms in June and its taken us till December to
    > hear from them. I dont know if it has taken anyone else that long or
    > not. My question is, How long does it take for the Vermont Service
    > Center to send the forms to London Embassy and how long does it take
    > for the Embassy to send me (alien) the forms.

Good question )

Here's our own: (all 2003)

Sent to VSC 6th October
1st NOA 21st October
Approved 26th November (online status)
No 2nd NOA yet
NVC still haven't received it (
Xmas passes in a flurry of drunkenness and phone calls & instant messaging
with my fiancee (probably)

Old Dec 9th 2003, 12:13 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by Hazard
Xmas passes in a flurry of drunkenness and phone calls & instant messaging
with my fiancee (probably)
That was my Christmas last year!
It SUCKED, totally! I can soooo sympathise with you and everyone who will be apart from their loved one this holiday season.
I would so hate to have to go through that again; I don't think I've ever been so miserable at Christmas before!

Here's hoping that you'll all be reunited with your S/O's real soon.

Best wishes

Tam
Old Dec 9th 2003, 1:46 am
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

Go to the Dave hollis site and arrange in alphabetical order then you can look at detailed actual data for YOUR consulate.

QUOTE]Originally posted by whistlestop01
Hi there all,

Thank you xxxxx [/QUOTE]