Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Re: previous thread about EAD

Wikiposts

Re: previous thread about EAD

Old Feb 10th 2004, 5:52 am
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: previous thread about EAD

Here is info for you and interesting info on other EAD processing offices:
As reprinted from an AILA lawyer website:
April 8, 2003
BCIS Field Office Handling of Interim EADs - A Survey of Interim EAD Practices

The Service Centers generally are taking more than 90 days to issue the work authorization card. Most districts are cooperative with issuing interim Employment Authorization Documents as long as the I-765 application has not been approved. However, if the I-765 application has been approved, but the EAD not produced, some district offices (for example, Los Angeles) will not issue the interim authorization.

BOSTON, MA
Will do same-day EAD issuance on the 91st day with the receipt from the Service Center (unless your client happens to run into an officer who's never heard of such a thing; then he should ask for a supervisor).

Hi there all,

I am curious - I have been told that I can apply for an EAD at the Boston office and have it issued the same day but I am confused about a previous thread that was printed about issuing offices and their rules. From above it says same day EAD issuance on the 91st day with the receipt from the SC. What does this mean? Can I, after getting married on the 10th April apply with the Boston office say on the 12th April and get the EAD on the same day? Can I apply for the AOS at the same time? What does 91st day actually mean?

Sorry if I sound confusing!

Gisela xx
Old Feb 10th 2004, 6:16 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: previous thread about EAD

Originally posted by whistlestop01
Here is info for you and interesting info on other EAD processing offices:
As reprinted from an AILA lawyer website:
April 8, 2003
BCIS Field Office Handling of Interim EADs - A Survey of Interim EAD Practices

The Service Centers generally are taking more than 90 days to issue the work authorization card. Most districts are cooperative with issuing interim Employment Authorization Documents as long as the I-765 application has not been approved. However, if the I-765 application has been approved, but the EAD not produced, some district offices (for example, Los Angeles) will not issue the interim authorization.

BOSTON, MA
Will do same-day EAD issuance on the 91st day with the receipt from the Service Center (unless your client happens to run into an officer who's never heard of such a thing; then he should ask for a supervisor).

Hi there all,

I am curious - I have been told that I can apply for an EAD at the Boston office and have it issued the same day but I am confused about a previous thread that was printed about issuing offices and their rules. From above it says same day EAD issuance on the 91st day with the receipt from the SC. What does this mean? Can I, after getting married on the 10th April apply with the Boston office say on the 12th April and get the EAD on the same day? Can I apply for the AOS at the same time? What does 91st day actually mean?

Sorry if I sound confusing!

Gisela xx

The 91st day is counting 91 days from your first NOA for your EAD.