Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Re : marriage certificate from a foreign country

Re : marriage certificate from a foreign country

Old Jan 31st 2001, 5:00 pm
Posts: n/a

I got married in Mexico. And our judge told us to get every legal document an "apostille".

This is a small square paper that goes on the back of any legal document that you want to
get recognized in every country. The paper has a seal, among other legal signatures. With
this you shouldn't have any problems around the world. You can get apostilles for almost
any document, birth certificates, marriage certificates, school diplomas, etc.

You can check more info about it, on this official site.


Good luck.

----- Original Message -----

Newsgroups: alt.visa.us.marriage-based Sent: Sunday, January 28, 2001 2:43 PM Subject: Re:
marriage certificate from a foreign country

> Dear Elaine,
> << But here's the confusing thing. We were married in the Netherlands. I was told by
> the American consulate in the Netherlands to ask for an "international marriage
> certificate >>
> This is very strange. I have never heard about an " international
> certificate. " My husband and I married each other in Singapore. The
> States Embassy there never required such a thing from us. I also know
quite a
> few Americans who married their foreign spouses overseas, and they never mentioned
> needing a " international marriage certificate. "
> Love and Blessed Be, Theresa

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.