Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Re-entering the US using AP

Re-entering the US using AP

Old Nov 26th 2013, 5:58 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re-entering the US using AP

As long as you haven't done anything to make yourself inadmissible since you last entered, and don't do anything to make yourself inadmissible while you're away, you should have no trouble being paroled back into the USA. And as long as you don't do anything while you're on parole that could cause a problem, because when on parole you are, well, on parole, which can be revoked.
Originally Posted by Scot1
There is no real situation pending at the moment that I have to return to the UK for. I was contemplating going back to the UK before I (hopefully) find a job,
Go home? You mean your previous home, yes? Because you've applied to make the USA your home.
Originally Posted by Scot1
as I don't envisage getting the vacation time to go home until later in the year if I find employment.
Regards, JEff
Old Nov 26th 2013, 6:45 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
The wording on the I-131 is "emergent", which is not the same as "emergency".
Not for the last couple of years, I'm sad to say. The word "emergent" no longer appears... and the I-131 is much more specific: "Travel for vacation is not a valid purpose".

Ian
Old Nov 26th 2013, 6:51 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Not for the last couple of years, I'm sad to say. The word "emergent" no longer appears... and the I-131 is much more specific: "Travel for vacation is not a valid purpose".

Ian
Oh wow, I didn't realize that. Thanks!

Rene
Old Nov 26th 2013, 7:19 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

It seems to me that this quote is with respect to a request for deferred action in a case under DACA.
Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Nevertheless, I suspect that it does apply to other situations as well. The specific instructions here:
http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/f...i-131instr.pdf
are a lot different from what they used to be.
3. Advance Parole Document for Individuals in the United States
a. If you are in the United States and seek an Advance Parole Document, you may apply if:
(1)
You have a pending application to adjust status, Form I-485, and you seek to travel abroad for "urgent
humanitarian reasons", or in furtherance of a "significant public benefit," which may include a personal or
family emergency or bona fide business reasons.
See also the section of the instructions that describe examples of acceptable evidence.

Regards, JEff

Last edited by jeffreyhy; Nov 26th 2013 at 7:25 pm.
Old Nov 26th 2013, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

Scot1 is just really niceScot1 is just really niceScot1 is just really niceScot1 is just really niceScot1 is just really niceScot1 is just really niceScot1 is just really niceScot1 is just really nice

Ha, yes you are correct JEff! It is going to take some time for me to get used to not calling Scotland home!

Go home? You mean your previous home, yes? Because you've applied to make the USA your home.

Regards
Neil
Old Nov 27th 2013, 12:23 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Pedantic Stuart notes: there is no such thing as "re-entering the US using AP."