Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Re: B-2 Query For Unmarried Partner

Wikiposts

Re: B-2 Query For Unmarried Partner

Old Mar 15th 2004, 12:58 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: B-2 Query For Unmarried Partner

(This is intended to be a reply to Richard but I'd written it all out then realised it's a new topic post)

Just a word of warning.

We are in the States on L1 & L2 visas. My husband brought over a project manager from the Paris office for a three-year posting. He had been living with his girlfriend for some years and they had
two school-age daughters. Fab was on an L1 visa and the daughters on L2 visas. I'm not sure what visa his partner Sophie had, but I think it was a B-2.

They went off to France for a holiday and on their return, Sophie was refused entry into the States and put on the next plane back to France! The immigration officers couldn't care less that it was obvious they were a family! The first my husband heard about it was when Fabrice asked if he could leave work early to work from home as there was no-one who could look after the girls at the end of the school day! My husband got the company lawyers involved but there was little they could do. Fortunately Sophie went 'voluntarily', but Fabrice had to fly back to France and they quickly got married and an L2 visa was issued to her.