Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Rcd payment rcd letter frm VSC but not NOA(751)

Rcd payment rcd letter frm VSC but not NOA(751)

Old Jan 30th 2007, 2:07 am
Vincent1978

Default Rcd payment rcd letter frm VSC but not NOA(751)

Hi
Send in my package of Form I-751 with supporting letter on 15th Jan, it
was rcd on 16th Jan, 2007, I received RECIPT saying that they have
received $275, but i did not received any NOA, This is something new for
me because the recipt has a EAC .....# but the computer is not
acknowledging it,
The color of recipt is yellow.

--

Old Jan 30th 2007, 5:19 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rcd payment rcd letter frm VSC but not NOA(751)

Originally Posted by Vincent1978
Hi
Send in my package of Form I-751 with supporting letter on 15th Jan, it
was rcd on 16th Jan, 2007, I received RECIPT saying that they have
received $275, but i did not received any NOA, This is something new for
me because the recipt has a EAC .....# but the computer is not
acknowledging it,
The color of recipt is yellow.

--
You should be receiving an extension letter. I believe the number on the extension letter is the one you can use in the online tracking system.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Jan 30th 2007, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

MMA2002 will become famous soon enough

When we saw that our check had been cashed for our I-751 we got all excited because it had an EAC # at the top! But it was not the correct number - it was a temporary number. Once your NOA is generated it will show the correct number. And here we were obsessively putting the first number in the system and thought we were losing our minds because it kept saying that the EAC number didn't exist!
Old Jan 31st 2007, 1:39 pm
Just Joined

Erinity is an unknown quantity at this point

This happened to us too. We're starting to wonder where our NOA is, it's been quite a while. And we're with Vermont as well.

So frustrating!
Old Jan 31st 2007, 8:02 pm
-William

I also just sent in a joint 751 on 1-18-07, VSC recieved on 1-19-07.

Got receipt on 1-24-07.
Still waiting for NOA extention letter.
I have read on other forums that VSC is taking anywhere from 10-16 day to process those letters. will keep forum informed.

William .

Old Jan 31st 2007, 11:16 pm
Vincent1978

> > Hi
> > Send in my package of Form I-751 with supporting letter on 15th Jan,
> > it
> > was rcd on 16th Jan, 2007, I received RECIPT saying that they have
> > received $275, but i did not received any NOA, This is something new
> > for
> > me because the recipt has a EAC .....# but the computer is not
> > acknowledging it,
> > The color of recipt is yellow.
> >
> > --
>
> This happened to us too. We're starting to wonder where our NOA is,
> it's
> been quite a while. And we're with Vermont as well.
>
> So frustrating!

When do you send you document to Vermont?

--

Old Feb 2nd 2007, 2:57 pm
kud
BE Enthusiast

kud is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MMA2002
When we saw that our check had been cashed for our I-751 we got all excited because it had an EAC # at the top! But it was not the correct number - it was a temporary number. Once your NOA is generated it will show the correct number. And here we were obsessively putting the first number in the system and thought we were losing our minds because it kept saying that the EAC number didn't exist!
Well, I am in the same boat. Got all excited by check EAC #. Except we never got a NOA. Kids did. Come to find out the transposed A# on the computer. Trying to clean this up now.
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 7:29 pm
Vincent1978

Default Re: Received Recopt but NOT NOA I-751

> > When we saw that our check had been cashed for our I-751 we got all
> > excited because it had an EAC # at the top! But it was not the
> > correct number - it was a temporary number. Once your NOA is
> > generated it will show the correct number. And here we were
> > obsessively putting the first number in the system and thought we
> > were losing our minds because it kept saying that the EAC number
> > didn't exist!
>
> Well, I am in the same boat. Got all excited by check EAC #. Except
> we
> never got a NOA. Kids did. Come to find out the transposed A# on the
> computer. Trying to clean this up now.

Well i called Uscis today and the telephone operater transfered my call
to immigration officer, he withoutasking my imformation told me that
they are reviwing my application and with send the NOA, and it can take
45 to 60 day
I couldnt get it...

--

Old Feb 12th 2007, 11:01 pm
-William

*** Update***

<< also just sent in a joint 751 on 1-18-07, VSC recieved on 1-19-07.

Got receipt on 1-24-07.
Still waiting for NOA extention letter.
I have read on other forums that VSC is taking anywhere from 10-16 day to process those letters. will keep forum informed.

William >>>

Today recieved NOA extention letter.

Time to recieve after sending I-751: 25 days.

Hope this helps someone in the future. Will keep updated on future developements.

William.

Old Feb 17th 2007, 4:36 pm
foxy little minx

bequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,

I am going through VSC too.

I never got the yellow paper, but my NOA did take some time to arrive, about a month and a half (plus several phonecalls).

Here's my timeline, if it helps any:

11/6 . Sent I-751 to VSC
11/10 . Check cashed
12/21 . NOA
12/23 . Biometrics notice
1/12 . Biometrics taken

It's been over 5 weeks since the biometrics and I haven't heard a thing from USCIS. The message hasn't changed online, I haven't gotten any emails and I haven't received the greencard. I'm a little antsy but there's nothing we can do, other than sit on our hands. It'll take as long as it'll take.

Waiting, waiting...
Old Feb 17th 2007, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

jemijote is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your posts. It is always useful to know other peoples' time lines. In case it helps anyone, we filed I-751 to Vermont on 6th Jan. They cashed the check and mailed us a yellow receipt for the payment the following week. Today (17th Feb) we received the NOA stating that my conditional resident status is extended for another year... so total time from filing to NOA for us was 6 weeks.

Good luck to those still waiting!
Old Feb 17th 2007, 9:59 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jemijote
It is always useful to know other peoples' time lines.
Umm... no, it isn't. In order to be useful, there has to be some correlation between the myriad variables in the equation. Since there is no correlation, the information is not useful.

Ian
Old Feb 17th 2007, 11:13 pm
Just Joined

jemijote is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Umm... no, it isn't. In order to be useful, there has to be some correlation between the myriad variables in the equation. Since there is no correlation, the information is not useful.

Ian
Ok, perhaps not "always" useful, if we are being picky about accurate wording. However, at least to me, it is useful for the very reason you suggest ... direct proof of the extreme variability in time lines can be quite reassuring.
Old Feb 18th 2007, 12:57 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jemijote
Ok, perhaps not "always" useful, if we are being picky about accurate wording.
I'm not "being picky about accurate wording. Knowing someone else's timeline is *never* useful... "extreme variability" or not.

What comfort would you get by hearing that someone's case was processed in only 3 months? Answer? You'll feel like perhaps there is some hope that your case will also be processed in 3 months. Pretty soon, 3 months turns to 6 months... and maybe someone posts that their case was processed in 6 months. Once more, you gain hope that perhaps your case isn't far behind. When 6 months turn to a year and someone posts that their case was processed in a year... well, you get the picture. Not only isn't any of that information useful to you, it's cruel that you keep pinning your hopes on someone else's timeline.

Pretty soon, you start to despair that your case will never be processed and you rant at the unfairness of it all. "Why," you rant, "did John Q. Public's file get processed before mine? My application was submitted earlier than his? How can I speed up the process? How can I get more information?" Of course, you're already suffering from an overload of information... misinformation perhaps, but information nevertheless. "How do I get accurate information?" Answer? You don't.

Things will happen when they happen... and there's nothing you can do to change that. So, timelines are useless... but hey, good luck to you.

Ian