Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Ray6, they heard your plea! EAD APPROVED!!!!!

Ray6, they heard your plea! EAD APPROVED!!!!!

Old May 26th 2004, 11:46 am

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ray6, they heard your plea! EAD APPROVED!!!!!

Hi, all!!

Well, after crawling the walls with worry that I may have to use one of my few (very!) precious days off to go down to Miami and request an interim, guess what was sitting in the mailbox last night?? Yup, my spanking new EAD!!!! It's one of the new style ones, which I have to say, looks a lot better than the "home-made" style they used to issue! It's also valid for a year from the day after my current one runs out, so I didn't have an overlap like I thought I would.

I created an account with the USCIS thingy, and I could see that they were doing something with my file because the "last updated" date kept changing, but I just didn't know what. (BTW, thanks, Phunklounge for trying to reassure me that the same thing happened to you just before you were approved! )

So here's my timeline...

02/20/04 E-filed EAD & sent supporting docs to NBC
04/07/04 Biometrics appt at local ASC
04/13/04 Last updated date changed to today's date...did NBC receive my bio stuff?
05/17/04 Last updated date changed to today's date...hmmm, wonder what they're doing with my file?
05/18/04 Last updated date changed to today's date...dare I dream, could be an approval, but it could also be an RFE...
05/19/04 Last updated date changed to today's date...OMG!!!! Someone please put me out of my misery!!!!!
05/25/04 Received new EAD in the mail! Yaaaaaaayyyyyyyy!!!
05/26/04 Online case status reflects approval

So there we are. I can finally stop whining! One thing that made me think a bit is that someone up there must be watching over me. I was going to go down to Miami on May 20th to request an interim, but i saw that my received date and notice date were 3 days apart. Being the neurotic that I am, I didn't want to get down there and have them say, "Sorry, we go by the notice date, come back in 3 days." I cancelled the appt and rescheduled it for June 7th. Good job I did, huh?

For those who don't know about the new online account thingy they have now, go to this link and create an account using your Service Center NOA number:

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp

.....and although you can't see exactly what they're doing with your file, when the "last updated" date changes, you at least know it's not being used as a doorstop.

Kate. xxxx

Last edited by katesuiter1; May 26th 2004 at 11:56 am.
Old May 26th 2004, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

buffalo24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ray6, they heard your plea! EAD APPROVED!!!!!

Congrats!!

Originally posted by katesuiter1
Hi, all!!

Well, after crawling the walls with worry that I may have to use one of my few (very!) precious days off to go down to Miami and request an interim, guess what was sitting in the mailbox last night?? Yup, my spanking new EAD!!!! It's one of the new style ones, which I have to say, looks a lot better than the "home-made" style they used to issue! It's also valid for a year from the day after my current one runs out, so I didn't have an overlap like I thought I would.

I created an account with the USCIS thingy, and I could see that they were doing something with my file because the "last updated" date kept changing, but I just didn't know what. (BTW, thanks, Phunklounge for trying to reassure me that the same thing happened to you just before you were approved! )

So here's my timeline...

04/13/04 Last updated date changed to today's date...did NBC receive my bio stuff?
05/17/04 Last updated date changed to today's date...hmmm, wonder what they're doing with my file?
05/18/04 Last updated date changed to today's date...dare I dream, could be an approval, but it could also be an RFE...
05/19/04 Last updated date changed to today's date...OMG!!!! Someone please put me out of my misery!!!!!

So there we are. I can finally stop whining! One thing that made me think a bit is that someone up there must be watching over me. I was going to go down to Miami on May 20th to request an interim, but i saw that my received date and notice date were 3 days apart. Being the neurotic that I am, I didn't want to get down there and have them say, "Sorry, we go by the notice date, come back in 3 days." I cancelled the appt and rescheduled it for June 7th. Good job I did, huh?

For those who don't know about the new online account thingy they have now, go to this link and create an account using your Service Center NOA number:

.....and although you can't see exactly what they're doing with your file, when the "last updated" date changes, you at least know it's not being used as a doorstop.

Kate. xxxx
Old May 26th 2004, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

Millana is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, all!!

So here's my timeline...

Kate. xxxx

Wowww, congrats!!! Finally huh!
Old May 26th 2004, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to behold

Finally you've got it!! Congratulations!!
Old May 26th 2004, 1:28 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome. From now on, I shall get Ray to pray for all my immigration needs. I wonder if he does voodoo as well?...
Old May 26th 2004, 1:46 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

No problem! Eduardo came around for a coffee and a hob nob ..I mentioned your problem.. case solved..
Sibsie.. I spoke to my spirit guide Chief Dan George.. he said miracles are easy but the impossible take a little longer.. he did give me a message for you which I don't understand but you may..."The chain need adjusting"
Old May 26th 2004, 5:28 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ray6
he did give me a message for you which I don't understand but you may..."The chain need adjusting"
Here in the New World I have a swanky new flush toilet. These cuffs are beginning to chaff though.
Old May 26th 2004, 5:37 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sibsie
Here in the New World I have a swanky new flush toilet. These cuffs are beginning to chaff though.
Can't be that then... have you a bike or any chain driven garden
tool...
Old May 26th 2004, 6:12 pm
groovalicious

phunklounge is an unknown quantity at this point

Awesome. Contratulations Kate, it is well deserved!

Christian
Old May 26th 2004, 6:24 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, all!!

I created an account with the USCIS thingy, and I could see that they were doing something with my file because the "last updated" date kept changing, but I just didn't know what. (BTW, thanks, Phunklounge for trying to reassure me that the same thing happened to you just before you were approved!

So here's my timeline...

Kate.

Hey Kate!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!
Wooo!!!, Did you read what I said in one of my posts yesterday?, I said You were gonna get approved.. I wasn't that wrong after all!!!
:PARTY: :PARTY:

Ps: My I-130 application keeps changing dates too.. but It can't be approved anytime soon.. NSC is stuck on apps received on October 2002, we shall see...
Old May 26th 2004, 6:49 pm

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
Hey Kate!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!
Wooo!!!, Did you read what I said in one of my posts yesterday?, I said You were gonna get approved.. I wasn't that wrong after all!!!
:PARTY: :PARTY:

Ps: My I-130 application keeps changing dates too.. but It can't be approved anytime soon.. NSC is stuck on apps received on October 2002, we shall see...
Yup, I saw your post! Thanks for the congrats, and here's hoping for something good to happen for you, too!!!

And thanks to everyone else, too!! Huuuuuge weight off my mind!!!

Kate. xxx
Old May 26th 2004, 6:58 pm

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, I saw your post! Thanks for the congrats, and here's hoping for something good to happen for you, too!!!

And thanks to everyone else, too!! Huuuuuge weight off my mind!!!

Kate. xxx
Thanks for the wishes!!
What kind of job are you looking for??
(Vicadine seller??)
Old May 26th 2004, 7:09 pm

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
Thanks for the wishes!!
What kind of job are you looking for??
(Vicadine seller??)
Nah, marshmallow manufacturer. Although, if I did that, I wouldn't sell any cuz I'd scoff 'em all myself!!

The job I've had for 7 months now is perfect for me in every way. Hours, location, but mostly the pay, cuz it's awesome. The company really looks after the employees, too. Couldn't have come at a better time, because Corey was looking to go to school soon to get a career he really enjoys, and I said he could quit his old job to do that. I was starting to freak out a bit with it getting close to my EAD expiration date with no word, and I wanted to make sure my job wasn't at risk. That's why the first thing I said when I got my new EAD was, "Thank you, God!!!" Now I'm a happy bunny cuz I can keep working with no interruption, and Corey can start studying!!!

Kate. xxxx

Last edited by katesuiter1; May 26th 2004 at 7:11 pm.
Old May 26th 2004, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

Rukhie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, all!!

So here's my timeline...

Kate. xxxx
CONGRATS!!! I hope your luck rubs off on my husband's application too!
Old May 26th 2004, 7:14 pm

Nah, marshmallow manufacturer. Although, if I did that, I wouldn't sell any cuz I'd scoff 'em all myself!!

The job I've had for 7 months now is perfect for me in every way. Hours, location, but mostly the pay, cuz it's awesome. The company really looks after the employees, too. Couldn't have come at a better time, because Corey was looking to go to school soon to get a career he really enjoys, and I said he could quit his old job to do that. I was starting to freak out a bit with it getting close to my EAD expiration date with no word, and I wanted to make sure my job wasn't at risk. That's why the first thing I said when I got my new EAD was, "Thank you, God!!!" Now I'm a happy bunny cuz I can keep working with no interruption, and Corey can start studying!!!

Kate. xxxx
Marsmallow manufacturer?? LOL girl.. you crack me up!!
So you have got a job for 7 months? wow that is great!, I though you were a 1st time EAD'er, sorry!
I am glad you got it on time so Corey can study!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.