Quick I-134 question?

Old Jun 8th 2011, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

spiraluk is on a distinguished road
Default Quick I-134 question?

At the bottom of the I-134 it asks my fiance to tick a box as to whether she

"Intends or does not intend to make specific contributions to support the persons named in Item 3"

What is it actually asking here. She will not be giving me any money as I will be paying my own way, but I will be living in her house? Confused as to what she should tick.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 12:43 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quick I-134 question?

Originally Posted by spiraluk
Confused as to what she should tick.
It doesn't really matter what she ticks... the I-134 is not a legally binding document. Further, no one will check afterwards anyway.

Ian
Old Jun 8th 2011, 3:19 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I checked "will not", and it was acceptable.

Rene
Old Jun 13th 2011, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

Do my fiance's tax returns have to be noterised? Not even sure what that means but I'm assuming its signed in some way?

She does them online each year, can she not just send a print out of that??
Old Jun 13th 2011, 1:53 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Do my fiance's tax returns have to be noterised?
No.

She does them online each year, can she not just send a print out of that??
Yes, but she'll also need to send copies of her W-2s, plus copies of all supporting documentation. It's much easier just to have her order the free IRS transcripts.

Ian
Old Jun 13th 2011, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Ian
Old Jun 15th 2011, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

Another daft question. How many years of her tax returns do they want to see when I attend the interview in London do you think?
Old Jun 15th 2011, 7:40 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Another daft question. How many years of her tax returns do they want to see when I attend the interview in London do you think?
Have you read the pinned thread about financial support/k-1 yet? Please do.
Old Jun 15th 2011, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

Opps! Forgot about that Thanks