Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

QUICK I-130 & G-325A QUESTION

Wikiposts

QUICK I-130 & G-325A QUESTION

Old Jan 22nd 2008, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

marcsred has much to be proud ofmarcsred has much to be proud ofmarcsred has much to be proud ofmarcsred has much to be proud ofmarcsred has much to be proud ofmarcsred has much to be proud ofmarcsred has much to be proud ofmarcsred has much to be proud ofmarcsred has much to be proud ofmarcsred has much to be proud ofmarcsred has much to be proud of
Exclamation QUICK I-130 & G-325A QUESTION

Does anyone know what to mark for this portion of the form at the bottom?

This form is submitted in connection with an application for:

Naturalization
Status as Permanent Resident
Other (Specify)

If my husband and I are submitting a regular I-130, and are not applying for an adjustment of status, which one do we check? Other and then specify I-130, or do we just check Status as Permanent Resident?

Also, on the I-130, when it asks:

Has your relative ever been under immigration proceedings?

Do they mean just in the US? My husband is just at the end of his immigration proceedings in Australia, but I don't think that's what they're asking, as it then states:

If yes, Where, When, and was it a Removal, Exclusion/Deportation, Recission, or Judicial Proceeding, and none of that makes sense.

I'm about to submit my forms, and I just realized I'd put off figuring that out, so a quick reply would be appreciated!
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 1:55 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: QUICK I-130 & G-325A QUESTION

Originally Posted by marcsred

Naturalization
Other (Specify)

If my husband and I are submitting a regular I-130, and are not applying for an adjustment of status, which one do we check? Other and then specify I-130, or do we just check Status as Permanent Resident?
For filing just the I-130 (towards an Immigrant Visa), on the G-325A you should check Other.

Do they mean just in the US? My husband is just at the end of his immigration proceedings in Australia, but I don't think that's what they're asking, as it then states:
The USC is the one filling out the I-130. It relates to the alien wishing to immigrate.

If yes, Where, When, and was it a Removal, Exclusion/Deportation, Recission, or Judicial Proceeding, and none of that makes sense.
Has the intending immigrant ever had any of these things happen to him/her?

Rene
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

marcsred has much to be proud ofmarcsred has much to be proud ofmarcsred has much to be proud ofmarcsred has much to be proud ofmarcsred has much to be proud ofmarcsred has much to be proud ofmarcsred has much to be proud ofmarcsred has much to be proud ofmarcsred has much to be proud ofmarcsred has much to be proud ofmarcsred has much to be proud of
Exclamation Re: QUICK I-130 & G-325A QUESTION

Thanks!

Hopefully this will be my last question! Visajourney.com has a checklist for what you need for your I-130 packet, and it lists the following:

7. A copy of the intending immigrant's birth certificate and/or passport along with English translation. (If in any language other than English)
8. A certified copy of your certified marriage certificate (again, translated if not in Engligh)

I did not see that anywhere on the USCIS form. I do not have a copy of his passport or birth certificate, and I just have a colour copy of our marriage certificate. I thought that copies were okay now, as the form stated.

Is this incorrect?

Also, do I need to have a copy of his birth certificate or passport?

Do I really need to copy the back of my birth certificate, even though it's blank to prove citizenship, or is just the front okay?

Do I need to copy EVERY page of my passport, or just the information page to prove MY citizenship?

Please advise. I thought I was ready to submit our packet, but now I'm a miserable mess of doubt!

Thanks!
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

If you were born in the United States, a copy of your birthcertificate, issued by the civil registrar, vital statistics office,or other civil authority. If a birth certificate is not availablePage 3, titled "What If a Document Is Not Available?"

When it says a copy, can it be a colour photocopy, or do they want a certified copy?
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 10:37 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

If you were born in the United States, a copy of your birthcertificate, issued by the civil registrar, vital statistics office,or other civil authority. If a birth certificate is not availablePage 3, titled "What If a Document Is Not Available?"

When it says a copy, can it be a colour photocopy, or do they want a certified copy?
A photocopy is fine. Bring an original to the interview.

Rene
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 2:30 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know what to mark for this portion of the form at the bottom?

Naturalization
Other (Specify)

I'm about to submit my forms, and I just realized I'd put off figuring that out, so a quick reply would be appreciated!
Hi:

On the G-325A -- it doesn't matter. Either one is fine.

Immigration proceedings -- they are talking about US only. However, it will come up in the later visa application or adjustment application -- when they ask about arrests. [I once had a case involving a Greenpeace activist who had been deported from Japan, and arrested in Canada for protecting baby seals from Eskimos. The INS officer commented "good for you" and simply approved the case].
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 2:32 am
Account Closed

Thanks!

Hopefully this will be my last question! Visajourney.com has a checklist for what you need for your I-130 packet, and it lists the following:

7. A copy of the intending immigrant's birth certificate and/or passport along with English translation. (If in any language other than English)
8. A certified copy of your certified marriage certificate (again, translated if not in Engligh)

I did not see that anywhere on the USCIS form. I do not have a copy of his passport or birth certificate, and I just have a colour copy of our marriage certificate. I thought that copies were okay now, as the form stated.

Is this incorrect?

Also, do I need to have a copy of his birth certificate or passport?

Do I really need to copy the back of my birth certificate, even though it's blank to prove citizenship, or is just the front okay?

Do I need to copy EVERY page of my passport, or just the information page to prove MY citizenship?

Please advise. I thought I was ready to submit our packet, but now I'm a miserable mess of doubt!

Thanks!
Visajourney is NOT a government agency.

The alien's birth certificate is irrelevant to an I-130 for immediate relative status.

Photocopy the blank back of a document?? Think about that one. A copy of a blank page will be a -- blank page.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 2:35 am
Account Closed

Hi:

They want a copy of the certified copy. If you want to waste your money on color photocopying, it will not cause a rejection of the application. Let me put it this way -- I have often seen people bring originals into an interview and the Examiner will make a photocopy for the DHS file -- black and white.