Wikiposts

Quick 485 Question

Old Jan 28th 2004, 4:51 am
Forum Regular

girlyflyer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Quick 485 Question

In the directions for evidence it asks for a copy of your I-94 under the "evidence of status" section.

Then in the "evidence of eligibilty" section for K-1 applicants it asks for a copy of the approved finace petition, a copy of your marriage certificate and your FORM I-94.

Are they asking for another copy or do they actually want the I-94 to be taken from the passport where it is stapled and submitted?

Thanks
Old Jan 28th 2004, 5:23 am
BE Enthusiast

AlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really nice
Default Re: Quick 485 Question

Originally posted by girlyflyer
In the directions for evidence it asks for a copy of your I-94 under the "evidence of status" section.

Then in the "evidence of eligibilty" section for K-1 applicants it asks for a copy of the approved finace petition, a copy of your marriage certificate and your FORM I-94.

Are they asking for another copy or do they actually want the I-94 to be taken from the passport where it is stapled and submitted?

Thanks
They ask for a copy - you send a copy. You DO NOT send the original of any certificate/document (other than the ones you are completing for the AOS). You keep the I-94 - they will need the original when you actually Adjust Status at the interview (along with originals of all the other certificates - marriage, etc).
Old Jan 28th 2004, 5:31 am
Forum Regular

girlyflyer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by AlisonPA
They ask for a copy - you send a copy. You DO NOT send the original of any certificate/document (other than the ones you are completing for the AOS). You keep the I-94 - they will need the original when you actually Adjust Status at the interview (along with originals of all the other certificates - marriage, etc).
Yes the first one asks for a "copy", so I made a copy. The second one, however, does not ask for a copy, it asks for "your I-94". Just want to be sure...
Old Jan 28th 2004, 5:40 am
BE Enthusiast

AlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really nice

Originally posted by girlyflyer
Yes the first one asks for a "copy", so I made a copy. The second one, however, does not ask for a copy, it asks for "your I-94". Just want to be sure...
I have just read the part you are talking about - I believe they mean a copy of both the documents they are talking about. The other word "copy" is superfluous. Don't part with your I-94 as you may need this if you are leaving the country on your Advance Parole before you actually adjust status.
Old Jan 28th 2004, 6:38 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by AlisonPA
I've had a USCIS office or two insist on receiving the original I-94, not just a copy. The Fresno office comes to mind, and they would not accept an AOS (the last time I filed one with them) without the original I-94.

So she should check with her own particular local office to make sure what "they" want.
Old Jan 28th 2004, 11:36 am
Outcast

"girlyflyer" <member13354@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > In the directions for evidence it asks for a copy of your I-94 under the
    > "evidence of status" section.
    > Then in the "evidence of eligibilty"
    > section for K-1 applicants it asks for a copy of the approved finace
    > petition, a copy of your marriage certificate and your FORM I-94.
    > Are
    > they asking for another copy or do they actually want the I-94 to be
    > taken from the passport where it is stapled and submitted?
    > Thanks

I filed in person at Phoenix and they insisted on taking the original I-94.
When it came to AOS it was never asked for so giving up the original was not
a problem. You really need to try and find out what your local office wants.

Regards

Denis

---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.568 / Virus Database: 359 - Release Date: 1/26/2004

Old Jan 28th 2004, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

JubJub has a brilliant futureJubJub has a brilliant futureJubJub has a brilliant futureJubJub has a brilliant futureJubJub has a brilliant futureJubJub has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Outcast
"girlyflyer" <member13354@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > In the directions for evidence it asks for a copy of your I-94 under the
    > "evidence of status" section.
    > Then in the "evidence of eligibilty"
    > section for K-1 applicants it asks for a copy of the approved finace
    > petition, a copy of your marriage certificate and your FORM I-94.
    > Are
    > they asking for another copy or do they actually want the I-94 to be
    > taken from the passport where it is stapled and submitted?
    > Thanks

I filed in person at Phoenix and they insisted on taking the original I-94.
When it came to AOS it was never asked for so giving up the original was not
a problem. You really need to try and find out what your local office wants.

Regards

Denis
Yeah the INS took my I-94W when I filed in person in Buffalo. I guess it goes in the file, so they should have it at the interview anyway.