Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Questions on Form G-325A

Wikiposts

Questions on Form G-325A

Old Apr 16th 2008, 4:03 am
Just Joined

jackieowens is just really nicejackieowens is just really nicejackieowens is just really nicejackieowens is just really nicejackieowens is just really nicejackieowens is just really nicejackieowens is just really nicejackieowens is just really nice
Default Questions on Form G-325A

I have a few questions on the following form G-325A

1) As I am filing from I-485 the instructions mentioned that I need to attach a copy of form G-325A, my question is when preparing form G-325A ( I download forms off USCIS website ) it automatically generated 4 pages of the form and at the bottom left of the from it said "submit all copies". So do I submit 1 copy of G-325A when filing I-485 or what?

2) As I am filing I-130, the instructions mentioned that I need to attach a copy of form G-325A for my husband who is sponsoring me and a copy for myself. Again my confusion is the instructions on form G-325A "submit all copies".

You advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Old Apr 16th 2008, 4:12 am
Twice half his height

Knight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Questions on Form G-325A

G-325A is a form made up of 4 sheets, each of them pretty much identical (apart from the letter in the bottom left of each form, this indicates who gets that copy of the form). When an application asks you to submitt a G-325A, it wants all 4 sheets of the form, as 4 different areas get a different sheet.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 4:21 am
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

Not necessarily true - it depends on what you are applying for, and where. For an I-130 application to London, for example, you only submit page one of the G-325a, even though the I-130 clearly states to send all 4 copies!

Likely if you are applying to NVC, you may need to submit all 4 copies.

I was told in error by the (mis)information line at the US Embassy to send all 4 sheets, they sent pages 2, 3 and 4 for both my wifes and my G325a forms back to me, with a red cross on the checklist to let me know that I was a naughty boy.

Last edited by BritishGuy36; Apr 16th 2008 at 4:24 am.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 4:47 am
Just Joined

jackieowens is just really nicejackieowens is just really nicejackieowens is just really nicejackieowens is just really nicejackieowens is just really nicejackieowens is just really nicejackieowens is just really nicejackieowens is just really nice

the thing is on form I-130 & I-485, it states to submit 'a copy'

this is really confusing.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 4:48 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritishGuy36
Not necessarily true - it depends on what you are applying for, and where. For an I-130 application to London, for example, you only submit page one of the G-325a, even though the I-130 clearly states to send all 4 copies!
True, although from the OP's post, we can tell the OP is not filing an I-130 directly in London. (No I-485 is required for that.)

Rene
Old Apr 16th 2008, 4:50 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackieowens
the thing is on form I-130 & I-485, it states to submit 'a copy'

this is really confusing.
Jackie,

If this is for AOS inside the USA, submit 3 sets of the G-325A (two for the alien and one for yourself). Each set will consist 4 pages.

For the I-130, submit one 4-page G-325A for the alien, and one 4-page G-325A for you.

For the I-485, submit one 4-page G-325A for the alien.

Make sure all the pages of all the sets have an original signature on them.

Rene
Old Apr 16th 2008, 5:01 am
Just Joined

thanks noorah, that was really clear.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
True, although from the OP's post, we can tell the OP is not filing an I-130 directly in London. (No I-485 is required for that.)

Rene
Well you knew that, but I wouldn't, not having your experience (i.e. I don't know what an I-485 is).

Glad you were around to clarify.
Old May 14th 2008, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

Pandajuice has much to be proud ofPandajuice has much to be proud ofPandajuice has much to be proud ofPandajuice has much to be proud ofPandajuice has much to be proud ofPandajuice has much to be proud ofPandajuice has much to be proud ofPandajuice has much to be proud ofPandajuice has much to be proud ofPandajuice has much to be proud ofPandajuice has much to be proud of

I could use a little more clarification on this issue actually.

I'm filing an I-130 through London for my wife and am confused about how many G-325A sheets to send. I read above British Guy mention only one is needed if filing through London, but the I-130 checklist says "One form by the petitioner and one form by his/her spouse". Do I follow that and submit one completed by me and another one completed by my wife?

And by "form", do they mean "set of 4 sheets" or literally just the one sheet?

Thanks guys!
Old May 14th 2008, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by Pandajuice
I could use a little more clarification on this issue actually.

I'm filing an I-130 through London for my wife and am confused about how many G-325A sheets to send. I read above British Guy mention only one is needed if filing through London, but the I-130 checklist says "One form by the petitioner and one form by his/her spouse". Do I follow that and submit one completed by me and another one completed by my wife?

And by "form", do they mean "set of 4 sheets" or literally just the one sheet?

Thanks guys!
I'm not sure how the filing of the G-325A differs between DCF and non-DCF I-130's, but I believe by "form", they mean the "set of 4 sheets".

You could always play it safe and do one for each of you (which I know is required when filing the I-130 in the USA). They always ignore the one they don't need.

Rene
Old May 14th 2008, 9:12 am

I'm not sure how the filing of the G-325A differs between DCF and non-DCF I-130's, but I believe by "form", they mean the "set of 4 sheets".

You could always play it safe and do one for each of you (which I know is required when filing the I-130 in the USA). They always ignore the one they don't need.

Rene
Well, I just read BritishGuy's post above where he says he only needed to file a single sheet. Therefore, I clearly don't know exactly what's required for DCF. LOL

Rene
Old May 14th 2008, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

Pandajuice has much to be proud ofPandajuice has much to be proud ofPandajuice has much to be proud ofPandajuice has much to be proud ofPandajuice has much to be proud ofPandajuice has much to be proud ofPandajuice has much to be proud ofPandajuice has much to be proud ofPandajuice has much to be proud ofPandajuice has much to be proud ofPandajuice has much to be proud of

Hehe well I appreciate the reply anyway Rene and maybe I will just play it safe.
Is it ok to photocopy the 4 sheets of each set instead of filling out each one by hand?

And if anyone knows how many sheets are needed for an I-130 filed via London, please chime in
Old May 14th 2008, 9:34 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I just read BritishGuy's post above where he says he only needed to file a single sheet. Therefore, I clearly don't know exactly what's required for DCF. LOL

Rene
This is only for filing i-130 to London USCIS; instructions from their checklist.

The G-325A is a four-page form. Petitioner should complete one sheet of one (not 4) and Beneficiary the same.

There will be 2 unique G-325As, single sheet of paper only (each).

That is the hardest damn thing to explain!
Old May 14th 2008, 9:34 am

Hehe well I appreciate the reply anyway Rene and maybe I will just play it safe.
Is it ok to photocopy the 4 sheets of each set instead of filling out each one by hand?

And if anyone knows how many sheets are needed for an I-130 filed via London, please chime in
If you fill the form out online, it will automatically print 4 idential pages. Put original signatures on each page.

If you're filling it out by hand, yes, you can fill one page out, don't sign it, and then photocopy that 3 times. Put original signatures on each page.

The above is for the G-325A's accompanying an I-130 filed in the USA. DCF needs only 1 page of the G-325A.

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; May 14th 2008 at 9:37 am. Reason: clarified
Old May 14th 2008, 9:36 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

If you do that, they will send back the extra 6 pages with/without a snarky note.

They're the ones breaking the rules, but that's how they are.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.