Reload this Page >

Questions abt the 230 part 1

Wikiposts

Questions abt the 230 part 1

Old Dec 15th 2003, 2:11 am
Forum Regular

purvi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Questions abt the 230 part 1

My petition for the DCF ( i-130) has been accepted and i have received the packet 3 from mumbai.
I am supposed to fill the Form 230-1 and Checklist and send it to the Mumbai consulate.

I had some questions in filling up the form and wuld appreciate answers.

1) Full name in native alphabet : My native alphabet is gujarati, in which roman letters arent used, but all my documents are in english, so should i write my name in my native alphabet?

2) Your Present Occupation = I was a student till July and currently am not doing anything, what should i write?

3) List dates of all previous visits to US = Had visited US in July 2003 on tourist visa. It asks for a INS " A" no, what is that?

Thanks
Old Dec 15th 2003, 2:23 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Questions abt the 230 part 1

Originally posted by purvi
My petition for the DCF ( i-130) has been accepted and i have received the packet 3 from mumbai.
I am supposed to fill the Form 230-1 and Checklist and send it to the Mumbai consulate.

I had some questions in filling up the form and wuld appreciate answers.

1) Full name in native alphabet : My native alphabet is gujarati, in which roman letters arent used, but all my documents are in english, so should i write my name in my native alphabet?

2) Your Present Occupation = I was a student till July and currently am not doing anything, what should i write?

3) List dates of all previous visits to US = Had visited US in July 2003 on tourist visa. It asks for a INS " A" no, what is that?

Thanks
Hi:

1. Exactly what it asks for -- your name in Ggujarati. This question is a generic one and is intended for countries which the official documents are in other than roman letters.

2. "none" is fine. BTW, "occupation" is different than "employed" -- the famous example is for waiters in Los Angeles while waiting for parts in the movies -- they are "actors" and they pay went by being a waiter. [A good friend of mine is a SAG member, but the majority of her income is from practice of law -- she says "acting" is her occupation, but law is her "job"].

3. If you had a non-eventful visit and had no trouble with the immigration authorities -- the answer is "none".
Old Dec 15th 2003, 2:24 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

Hi, and congratulations to you.

Originally posted by purvi
As you should have already filled in the first box with your family name, first name and middle name, then you should do as it requests and complete this box in your native alphabet.

In this case, as you are neither studying or, I assume, working, then you are unemployed.

You will not have an A, (Alien) number until you receive your visa, therefore, the answer, NONE would suffice.

I hope this has helped.

Good luck and best wishes

Tam
Old Dec 15th 2003, 2:28 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:
Ummm, yeah, what he said!! LOL

I took so long writing that piece!!
Old Dec 15th 2003, 2:31 am
Forum Regular

purvi is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks a lot Mr. Folinskyinla ( i double checked to see i spelt it right!) and FlyergirlUK.
Am really glad i found this forum