Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Questions about packet three in spanish

Wikiposts

Questions about packet three in spanish

Old Dec 18th 2003, 2:40 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Questions about packet three in spanish

Originally posted by lpdiver
Ohhhh spank me baby!!!!
ROTFLMAO!!!!

Somebody is frisky tonight!!!!!

Glad to see you having some fun!!!!!
Old Dec 18th 2003, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

Harder harder!!!

Originally posted by Leslie66
ROTFLMAO!!!!

Somebody is frisky tonight!!!!!

Glad to see you having some fun!!!!!
Old Dec 18th 2003, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

Lost2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have to admit that, although Spanish is my first language, I have no clue to what they are asking for. I am in Chile and here we only have a plain and simple birth certificate. Sorry I can't help you.
Old Dec 18th 2003, 2:49 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Harder harder!!!

Listen you freak!!!!!

What do you do? Save up everything for one night? Spread yourself out a bit!!!!!!!!

You are cracking me up here tonight. LOL.
Old Dec 18th 2003, 2:53 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Leslie66
Listen you freak!!!!!

What do you do? Save up everything for one night? Spread yourself out a bit!!!!!!!!

You are cracking me up here tonight. LOL.
Wow, Just remember that you're speaking to a *lonely* group in general, here ya know..........

Tony, what was question four? "blah blah" ????? LOL

(I won't ask if you can repeat it because being the learned student of interview process you would say "yes")

~SG
Old Dec 18th 2003, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

doblepat is an unknown quantity at this point

Lpdiver:

I sent you a private message I hope it can helps you. let me know ok...

2pat

ANEXO D

ORDEN ENSTRICTO DE DOCOMENTOS- K3/K4

1. Pasaporte valido...

2. Fotograficas Total (4)......

3. Fe de bautismo con notas marginales... (We are having to send off for this. In Colombia significant events are recorded on birth certificates and baptismal certificates. Although her current birth certificate has her divorce noted on the back her baptismal certificate has her las marriage noted on the back. I figure these better match! One more delay!)

4.blah blah

5. Prueba supletoria de nacimiento. ( it says nothing more and nothing less) My Colombian wife hasn't got a clue either!
Old Dec 18th 2003, 3:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

utopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the rough

If you go to the Spanish pages of the US Embassy in Bogota's website, they say this about the "prueba supletoria":

Las personas nacidas de 1939 en adelante deben presentar la partida de bautismo y el registro civil (copia del folio del registro civil), expedido y certificado por el Notario. Los certificados abreviados no son aceptables; únicamente se acepta la copia del folio del registro civil. La partida de bautismo debe ser reciente, expedida hace menos de una año y debe contener notas marginales. Si uno de estos certificados existía pero ahora es imposible obtenerlo, el solicitante debe conseguir una prueba supletoria de la iglesia o de un tribunal, indicando las razones por las cuales es imposible obtenerlo actualmente. Si no tiene estos documentos de nacimiento, debe obtener una declaración juramentada.

You only need this supplementary proof if you cannot obtain the birth and baptismal certificates. The English pages have a rough translation of the same text but they use slightly different terminology. You're in the homestretch, Anthony - hope all goes well!

After finally getting in contact with the Embassy in Bogota and requesting that they fax me the packet #3 they did. However, it is in Spanish. I am able to muddle through pretty well but am stumped on a few items.
>>>Prueba supletoria de nacimiento...some suplement to the birth certificate? Any of my Spanish buddies able to help?

>>> OF-156 I cannot find this form.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Old Dec 18th 2003, 3:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

Utopia and Double...thanks. It is as I suspected but verification is a GOOD thing...I figured it was probably one of those things that didn't translate well; but with my limited Spanish capabilities I wasn't sure and I was looking for the exact phrase...

Originally posted by utopiacowboy
If you go to the Spanish pages of the US Embassy in Bogota's website, they say this about the "prueba supletoria":

Las personas nacidas de 1939 en adelante deben presentar la partida de bautismo y el registro civil (copia del folio del registro civil), expedido y certificado por el Notario. Los certificados abreviados no son aceptables; únicamente se acepta la copia del folio del registro civil. La partida de bautismo debe ser reciente, expedida hace menos de una año y debe contener notas marginales. Si uno de estos certificados existía pero ahora es imposible obtenerlo, el solicitante debe conseguir una prueba supletoria de la iglesia o de un tribunal, indicando las razones por las cuales es imposible obtenerlo actualmente. Si no tiene estos documentos de nacimiento, debe obtener una declaración juramentada.

You only need this supplementary proof if you cannot obtain the birth and baptismal certificates. The English pages have a rough translation of the same text but they use slightly different terminology. You're in the homestretch, Anthony - hope all goes well!
Old Dec 18th 2003, 4:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

utopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the rough

Lucky you - your wife must speak more English than mine does - which is to say NADA. We have to do everything in Spanish! Yes, even that!

We will be anxious to hear about the interview - I am sure everything will go smoothly for you.

Utopia and Double...thanks. It is as I suspected but verification is a GOOD thing...I figured it was probably one of those things that didn't translate well; but with my limited Spanish capabilities I wasn't sure and I was looking for the exact phrase...
Old Dec 18th 2003, 4:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Actually we are both quite fluent in Spanglish and Spenglish

Lucky you - your wife must speak more English than mine does - which is to say NADA. We have to do everything in Spanish! Yes, even that!

We will be anxious to hear about the interview - I am sure everything will go smoothly for you.
Old Dec 18th 2003, 4:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Since my first name is Bill, I call my language "Billanol" instead of Espanol. It's spanish the way only a Texas gringo can speak it. We had some real Abbott and Costello, "Who's on first?" telephone conversations at the beginning. Mucha paciencia.

Actually we are both quite fluent in Spanglish and Spenglish
Old Dec 18th 2003, 4:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yup and you should have been there when I was bragging about my beautiful 11 year old daughter. I was actually talking about my 11 daughters! And the discussion about camarones when they were hearing me say cabrone was really hysterical...or maybe it was a few too many polar's.

Since my first name is Bill, I call my language "Billanol" instead of Espanol. It's spanish the way only a Texas gringo can speak it. We had some real Abbott and Costello, "Who's on first?" telephone conversations at the beginning. Mucha paciencia.
Old Dec 18th 2003, 5:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Is the DS-156K applicable for a K-3?

Originally posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

The OF-156 is no more. It has been replaced by the DS-156. Also, if you are doing a K, don't forget the DS-156K supplment.
Old Dec 18th 2003, 10:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

sphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to behold

Yup and you should have been there when I was bragging about my beautiful 11 year old daughter. I was actually talking about my 11 daughters! And the discussion about camarones when they were hearing me say cabrone was really hysterical...or maybe it was a few too many polar's.
Angela must really love you to stick around after hearing you have 11 daughters!!!

I don't get the "polar" reference? Doesn't polar mean polar when translated?
Old Dec 18th 2003, 11:49 pm
Forum Regular

WiAnSiempre is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, this is true. I was able to get a Packet 3 early for my Fiance from Peru at the Lima consulate and the forms are in Spanish and very outdated. Some are from the 80's. I told him to use these and not the ones that I printed off the internet.

Good Luck - I had to get some translations to the forms as well just to make sure I understood exactly what they are asking for.

Angela

I suspected as much! I was told by another attorney in a consultation that Colombia and many of the Central and South American countries had some old forms. I was also advised to wait and fill out what they send and not get fancy with the internet. It is my intention to do exactly this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.