Wikiposts

Questions about the Medical and Interview

Old Oct 29th 2018, 11:21 am
Just Joined

Jo Christina is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Questions about the Medical and Interview

Originally Posted by Noorah101
1. Maybe several to a few weeks?
2. If you have the LND case number, you can book the medical, but be aware that the visa is only valid for 6 months from the date of the medical... so you might not want to get it done too early and have less time to use the visa.

Rene
That's amazing. I can deal with a few weeks! I didn't know the visa was valid from the medical. Great to know. Thank you!
Old Oct 29th 2018, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

KK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jo Christina
My husband is back living in America and we are in the middle of the visa process! We have recently received a letter to say it has been approved, so now we have to pay fees, select an agent, submit documents and await an interview date...
Tonight, we've finished submitting all financial and other necessary documents to our CEAC Account (finally!). It took longer than I thought for my USC husband to get his Affidavit of Support together, and for me to get my ACRO and other things. Anyway, all submitted and done!

My next questions are:
1) How long should I expect to wait to hear back with a schedule for my interview? ...
Hi, Jo! Sorry to be a party pooper, but I'm a little confused. Are you filing through the NVC? You mentioned in your first post that your visa has been 'approved', but you then go on to talk about how you're sending in financial documents and selecting your agent, etc. Might you be confusing an approved visa with an NOA2? Apologies if I'm misunderstanding something, and I certainly don't mean to sound pedantic. There's just a crucial difference between the two stages, and that difference is quite important when determining timelines.

If it is the case that it's your NOA2 that you've received, and not your 'case complete' or approval, it may still be months before you hear back with an interview date. For my husband and I, the wait between our NOA2 and the letter with my interview date was 4.5 months - the interview date was for another five weeks after that. I understand this to be on the lengthier side, though, and hope it will be shorter for you. I would be cautious to book your medical, at least before you have your interview date, for reasons outlined above by others. If it's any comfort, when I called to book my medical (which was this time last year), I was able to get an appointment for just five days later.

I used to have a blog on this website with my complete timeline for others peoples' reference, but it seems to have disappeared. I will try to get that re-uploaded over the next couple of days.

Very best of luck to you! It will indeed all be worth it.

Last edited by KK85; Oct 29th 2018 at 3:11 pm. Reason: Timeline quibbles
Old Oct 30th 2018, 2:04 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

CR-1 Visa Timeline/Journey!

Your timeline hasn't disappeared. An advance search found it quickly. It also includes other people's timelines, as well.
Old Oct 30th 2018, 2:56 am
BE Enthusiast

KK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
CR-1 Visa Timeline/Journey!

Your timeline hasn't disappeared. An advance search found it quickly. It also includes other people's timelines, as well.
Thank you, Rete! But I was actually making reference to a blog page that I created here, which had a basic, bullet-pointed version of the timeline. I had a link to it in my signature, but when I clicked on that yesterday, it took me to the front page listing of everyone else's blogs. Perhaps I'll need to create a new one.

Maybe OP will find some useful information in that thread anyway, as well.
Old Oct 30th 2018, 2:59 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Do you mean an actual blog using our FORMER blog section listed on the banner header or a thread? Since you were gone they have overhauled BE and some of what was is no longer available.
Old Oct 30th 2018, 3:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rete
Do you mean an actual blog using our blog section listed on the banner header or a thread?
It was an actual blog using the blog section here, yes.

Edit: I've just seen your edit to your post. That would explain it! It's a shame that feature was deleted as it was a useful place to leave a quick reference to a simplified timeline for other members. I stole the idea from ivanidea, whose blog timeline was a quick click away in his signature, and very helpful to me. Thank you for letting me know!

Last edited by KK85; Oct 30th 2018 at 3:06 am.
Old Oct 30th 2018, 6:31 am
Just Joined

Jo Christina is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KK85
Hi, Jo! Sorry to be a party pooper, but I'm a little confused. Are you filing through the NVC? You mentioned in your first post that your visa has been 'approved', but you then go on to talk about how you're sending in financial documents and selecting your agent, etc. Might you be confusing an approved visa with an NOA2? Apologies if I'm misunderstanding something, and I certainly don't mean to sound pedantic. There's just a crucial difference between the two stages, and that difference is quite important when determining timelines.

If it is the case that it's your NOA2 that you've received, and not your 'case complete' or approval, it may still be months before you hear back with an interview date. For my husband and I, the wait between our NOA2 and the letter with my interview date was 4.5 months - the interview date was for another five weeks after that. I understand this to be on the lengthier side, though, and hope it will be shorter for you. I would be cautious to book your medical, at least before you have your interview date, for reasons outlined above by others. If it's any comfort, when I called to book my medical (which was this time last year), I was able to get an appointment for just five days later.

I used to have a blog on this website with my complete timeline for others peoples' reference, but it seems to have disappeared. I will try to get that re-uploaded over the next couple of days.
Very best of luck to you! It will indeed all be worth it.
Hi! Yes, I am easily confused with the correct titles of this whole visa process! So I received an NOA (about 6 months after a letter of receipt) we are now dealing with the NVC. I have my case number and invoice number. We have submitted ACRO, Affidavit of Support and other documents to our CEAC account. I was just wondering how long it will take to be told those documents are good etc. Also, we are doing everything electronically. We were advised we don't need to mail any documents. (Not sure if that makes a difference)

So yeh, perhaps i will wait before calling for my medical appointment.

Thank you for your help. By no means are you being a party pooper. I find all these letters, stages, and NOA all confusing! I never remember the official terms of anything. My USC husband has dealt with most of this!
I will continue to check for blogs etc and see what else crops up.
Old Oct 30th 2018, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi! Yes, I am easily confused with the correct titles of this whole visa process! So I received an NOA (about 6 months after a letter of receipt) we are now dealing with the NVC. I have my case number and invoice number. We have submitted ACRO, Affidavit of Support and other documents to our CEAC account. I was just wondering how long it will take to be told those documents are good etc. Also, we are doing everything electronically. We were advised we don't need to mail any documents. (Not sure if that makes a difference)

So yeh, perhaps i will wait before calling for my medical appointment.

Thank you for your help. By no means are you being a party pooper. I find all these letters, stages, and NOA all confusing! I never remember the official terms of anything. My USC husband has dealt with most of this!
I will continue to check for blogs etc and see what else crops up.
It's entirely understandable - the whole thing is a minefield until you've been through it, when suddenly it all seems so simple!

You're on the exact same journey that I was on last year. I'm a UK citizen, too, married to a US citizen, and I'm now living in PA having entered the United States on a CR-1 visa last November. For my husband and I, the whole process took 13 months from start to finish. At the time, that was a slightly slower process than average, but these things do fluctuate.

The NVC received our documents on July 27th, and we had our case complete notification on September 21st. So just short of two months between where you are now, and what to expect next. Eight days after our case complete notification, I received another letter giving me my interview date (November 7th), at which point I went ahead and booked my medical. I booked my medical for the 4th of October (over a month prior to my interview) because I had a complicated medical history and I wanted to allow time for any extra information to be gathered beforehand - either way, I believe the recommendation is to allow at least 7 days between your medical and interview so that Knightsbridge have time to forward your documents.

Based on my timeline, you could expect it to be approximately four months between now and when you have your visa in hand. But, of course, your miles may vary. I found myself agonizing over other peoples' timelines in the hope that I could make guesses about my own, and so I would never instruct someone else not to do it because I totally understand the urge; but I'm sure you understand that it might be two months for you, it might be six - what will be, will be. Someone here told me to try and enjoy the journey, which is hard at the time, but when I look back now, I can see where they were coming from. The excitement and anticipation you have in your life right now is quite something!

Very best of luck to you and your husband. It all starts to move very quickly from this point on!