Wikiposts

questions about I-130

Old Feb 9th 2005, 4:29 am
Forum Regular

StarlaLorien has a brilliant futureStarlaLorien has a brilliant futureStarlaLorien has a brilliant futureStarlaLorien has a brilliant futureStarlaLorien has a brilliant futureStarlaLorien has a brilliant future
Default questions about I-130

Hi all,

Okay, I was one of those poor souls who could not process their I-130 in the UK even though I reside here....long story short, I'm applying through the US instead. Which means I have to learn all of the processes in the US Service Center way....

First question: The London Embassy sent my whole I-130 packet to Nebraska for me. They forwarded it on to California, and they sent it back to my parents saying it needed the correct fee. We sent a credit card payment form for London but I guess I have to use check or money order for California.

They left a note saying return the whole packet with the fee. Now, I was looking up Visajourney's info on submitting the I-130 and it says to include a certifiied photocopy front and back of my US birth certificate. FOr London I just submitted a regular copy of the front page.

Do I have to resubmit a certified copy or is this okay since it was for London?

Thanks.
Old Feb 9th 2005, 4:57 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: questions about I-130

Most BC's have NOTHING on the back so why that requirement on VJ? Because they are anal? Certified only means the original copy obtained by the Hall of Records or government agency handling BCs in your state.

As for payment, the SC's do not accept credit cards at this point in time.

Originally Posted by StarlaLorien
Hi all,

Okay, I was one of those poor souls who could not process their I-130 in the UK even though I reside here....long story short, I'm applying through the US instead. Which means I have to learn all of the processes in the US Service Center way....

First question: The London Embassy sent my whole I-130 packet to Nebraska for me. They forwarded it on to California, and they sent it back to my parents saying it needed the correct fee. We sent a credit card payment form for London but I guess I have to use check or money order for California.

They left a note saying return the whole packet with the fee. Now, I was looking up Visajourney's info on submitting the I-130 and it says to include a certifiied photocopy front and back of my US birth certificate. FOr London I just submitted a regular copy of the front page.

Do I have to resubmit a certified copy or is this okay since it was for London?

Thanks.
Old Feb 9th 2005, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

fishyfish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: questions about I-130 (OT)

Sorry to Hijack the orig thread (I apologise in advance) but it raised a question for me.

As you can see from my timeline I submitted our I-130 to london a few weeks ago and I wonder if I made a mistake by not sending a copy of my (I'm the US citizen) birthcertificate. Dooooohhhhh.

The way I read the instructions was that I had to provide either a US birth certificate or a US passport. I copied the passport only.

I have my birthcertificate as I plan to take it for our interview whenever that is but should I have sent a copy with the I-130?

Can anyone confirm I needed to send both documents with the I-130? If so do you think I should send a copy to the embassy with a letter now or just wait to see if they contact me in the future?

-thanks
fishyfish
Old Feb 9th 2005, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future
Default Re: questions about I-130 (OT)

Originally Posted by fishyfish
Sorry to Hijack the orig thread (I apologise in advance) but it raised a question for me.

As you can see from my timeline I submitted our I-130 to london a few weeks ago and I wonder if I made a mistake by not sending a copy of my (I'm the US citizen) birthcertificate. Dooooohhhhh.

The way I read the instructions was that I had to provide either a US birth certificate or a US passport. I copied the passport only.

I have my birthcertificate as I plan to take it for our interview whenever that is but should I have sent a copy with the I-130?

Can anyone confirm I needed to send both documents with the I-130? If so do you think I should send a copy to the embassy with a letter now or just wait to see if they contact me in the future?

-thanks
fishyfish
My first attempt to submit the 1-130 it was refused for not sending the original signed copy of the I-130 and failing to include a certified copy of my birth certificate.

I called the misinformation line about the term certified copy and they said it could be a copy of your birthcertificate that is notarized. Seeing that it would take 3weeks to have sent off for an original certified copy, I opted for the notarized copy. I was told that my husband and I should carry the original with us to our interview.

My application was approved this month.

I
Old Feb 12th 2005, 3:28 am
Forum Regular

StarlaLorien has a brilliant futureStarlaLorien has a brilliant futureStarlaLorien has a brilliant futureStarlaLorien has a brilliant futureStarlaLorien has a brilliant futureStarlaLorien has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Rete
Most BC's have NOTHING on the back so why that requirement on VJ? Because they are anal? Certified only means the original copy obtained by the Hall of Records or government agency handling BCs in your state.

As for payment, the SC's do not accept credit cards at this point in time.
Thanks....my next question is, can I apply for a K-3 Visa too or is that obsolete since I happen to live in the UK with my spouse...we would like to return to the US as soon as we can, however, which is what a K-3 is for. I'm just worried they wont accept it as we are "together" so they wont have to "reunite" us. That may be the case later on, however, as I'm returning to the US in August even if my hubby's I-130 isnt processed by then.
Old Feb 12th 2005, 4:18 am
Forum Regular

Gigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant future

Hey!

Firstly my USC husband sent a regular photocopy of ALL the pages of his passport in lieu of a copy of his birth certificate (which was almost illegible).

Next, congratulation on being transferred to CSC .. that should certainly speed the whole process up.

On the subject of K3. The 129F petition is now taking anything up to 7 or 8 months to get through MSC and would most probably arrive at the consulat about the same time as the 1-130 .. if not later. The advantages of the I-130/CR-1 visa are enormous. Had your I-130 not been transferred I would definitely say do the K3 too, but it hardly seems worth it under the present circumstances.

Wishing you luck for a speedy process. Jill