Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Questions about filing I-751 removal of conditions

Questions about filing I-751 removal of conditions

Old Feb 16th 2004, 4:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

sphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Questions about filing I-751 removal of conditions

Originally posted by tara
Hello sphyrapicus,

My liason was contacted because there is a short span between us filing our I-751 and us leaving. There is a possibility of the I-797 not reaching us first.

My husband is from a country that receives POE scrutiny. What if we did not have that I-797? And, if we do have it, and you accept that POE officers are fully hip on the fact that expired green card+I797=valid, there are other reasons/places in our outside US trip that he may need to show his status, and these people may not be as hip.

i did not post what she is advising us to do. She is going to assist in having his passport stamped now. However, i did leave the wrong link for the memo. That was an article on the memo, this is the memo:
http://uscis.gov/graphics/lawsregs/...tensn120203.pdf
She pointed to the December memo, to reference that he can be re-stamped.

My Congressional office does not look at contacts with them as irritants. They actually follow cases. Maybe it is a part of living in the hospitable south.

RickQ,
Goodness, you have had a time with the responses haven't you? From the friendly urging to "read the instructions again" to confusion with the naturalization procedure, to my rambling.
i'm sorry if i added to the babel.
Just wanted to let you know that if you wanted/needed a stamp in your passport to prove status it is possible.

Best wishes,
Tara,

Your link didn't work but I suspect it is the following: http://uscis.gov/graphics/lawsregs/h...ensn120203.pdf which says the same thing. It is in regard to expired I-797s. "There is no guidance concerning what documentation may be given to a conditional resident who has received this 1-year extension, but whose Form I-751 has not yet been adjudicated. This memorandum provides that guidance."

In other words, nothing to do with initial filing of I-751s.

What is your Service Center? I received my NOA within 2 weeks from Texas. And, yes, I too live in the hospitable south. But in the summer I think of it as inhospitable!

Last edited by sphyrapicus; Feb 16th 2004 at 4:32 pm.
Old Feb 16th 2004, 4:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

tara is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by sphyrapicus
Tara,

Your link didn't work but I suspect it is the following: http://uscis.gov/graphics/lawsregs/h...ensn120203.pdf which says the same thing. It is in regard to expired I-797s. Nothing to do with initial filing of I-751s.

What is your Service Center? I received my NOA within 2 weeks from Texas.
Hello sphyrapicus,

See if this link works:
http://uscis.gov/graphics/lawsregs/h...ensn120203.pdf

We are filing thru TSC. i did ask here for TSC timelines regarding
current I-751 filings, and i do believe you replied to that thread stating that your NOA came within a short time.

But alot is at stake with us. We felt it was prudent to look at the "what if?" beforehand so that we could be prepared in the eventuality that ours did not come.

i have not seen done what she is advising us to do to get the stamp. When we have done what she has suggested i will post here to let people know.

Thanks for letting us know how quickly your NOA arrived, but we all know that timelines can fluctuate.
Old Feb 16th 2004, 6:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

sphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by tara
Hello sphyrapicus,

See if this link works:
http://uscis.gov/graphics/lawsregs/h...ensn120203.pdf

We are filing thru TSC. i did ask here for TSC timelines regarding
current I-751 filings, and i do believe you replied to that thread stating that your NOA came within a short time.

But alot is at stake with us. We felt it was prudent to look at the "what if?" beforehand so that we could be prepared in the eventuality that ours did not come.

i have not seen done what she is advising us to do to get the stamp. When we have done what she has suggested i will post here to let people know.

Thanks for letting us know how quickly your NOA arrived, but we all know that timelines can fluctuate.
Tara,

I agree - better to be safe than sorry. Let us know if they will give you the stamp or not. Hopefully it will all be moot if you get your NOA in a timely fashion.
Old Feb 16th 2004, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

RickQ is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for all the responses. I think I am getting a clearer picture.

Rete, don't worry about it. You just had me scared there for a moment, but it is all straightened out.

Tara, we are planning to leave the country on about May 15th for two weeks as I have not been back to England since our Honeymoon in July 2002.

sphyrapicus, that is the date I worked out, March 21st.