Reload this Page >

Question regarding DS-230

Question regarding DS-230

Old Aug 20th 2006, 11:48 am
Just Joined

meg1331 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question regarding DS-230

Hello

We have just recieved the form DS-230 Part 1 from the NVC.

While we were looking through the form we noticed it asks to name all depandants,we have a 2 year old boy. The problem is that i never listed him on the original I-130,stupid mistake i know. Will this create a problem when we send the DS-230 with his name on it? Also he was born in the UK but has a claim to US citizenship because ive lived in the states most of my life,im his mother and a US citizen.

We all live in the UK right now, i know alot of people on this forum ask for timeframes and there is no exact answer but can anyone tell me roughly how long before the interview after sending the DS-230? Thanks.
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 5:31 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Question regarding DS-230

Originally Posted by meg1331
Hello

We have just recieved the form DS-230 Part 1 from the NVC.

While we were looking through the form we noticed it asks to name all depandants,we have a 2 year old boy. The problem is that i never listed him on the original I-130,stupid mistake i know. Will this create a problem when we send the DS-230 with his name on it? Also he was born in the UK but has a claim to US citizenship because ive lived in the states most of my life,im his mother and a US citizen.

We all live in the UK right now, i know alot of people on this forum ask for timeframes and there is no exact answer but can anyone tell me roughly how long before the interview after sending the DS-230? Thanks.
Also i might add we were not eligible for DCF because ive not been here resident enough at the time of filing.
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 6:37 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Does he have a US passport.

Why can he not get one.
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 8:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Boiler
Does he have a US passport.

Why can he not get one.
Our kid is 2 years old now and at the time he was born we never intended to immigrate to the US,so we never registered his birth with a US consulate but we will be now very soon so he wont have a problem getting a passport.

Like i said it was just a mistake not including him on the original I-130....a really stupid one,we noticed it looking back on our immigration papers,i know we will be questioned about it but will it create a major problem or not?