Question regarding documents for K-1 Visa interview in London

Wikiposts

Question regarding documents for K-1 Visa interview in London

Old Dec 10th 2009, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

Jade84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question regarding documents for K-1 Visa interview in London

Hello!

Well my UK fiance is finally getting to start filling in all the forms for the interview in London! Yay!

We have started working on the DS 156 and have a few questions about it. In the section where it asks "have you ever been to the US before, if so, for how long, etc" we are unsure as to what he should put down.

He had never been to the US before until April of this year, when he flew over and was denied entry. He admitted to having quit his job and gave up the flat when they asked him and they denied him entry based on those things. They never brought up the question of marriage and he never said anything about it.

Should we say "yes" and that he was only in the US for 1 day? He was detained at the Detroit airport and held for about 8 hours until they got him on a flight back to London.

Any and all help is much appreciated, as always! I'm sure I'll be back with more inquiries as the paperwork continues. Thanks everyone!
Old Dec 10th 2009, 7:42 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question regarding documents for K-1 Visa interview in London

J,

You should answer 'no'. As you describe it, he has never been in the USA. The time he spent at the Detroit airport he was not in the USA, a person is not in until they have been granted entry.

I'm not sure if he should use the space provided for additional visits to give a concise 1 or 2 sentence explanation that he tried to make 1 visit on the VWP but was denied entry.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Jade84
Hello!

Well my UK fiance is finally getting to start filling in all the forms for the interview in London! Yay!

We have started working on the DS 156 and have a few questions about it. In the section where it asks "have you ever been to the US before, if so, for how long, etc" we are unsure as to what he should put down.

He had never been to the US before until April of this year, when he flew over and was denied entry. He admitted to having quit his job and gave up the flat when they asked him and they denied him entry based on those things. They never brought up the question of marriage and he never said anything about it.

Should we say "yes" and that he was only in the US for 1 day? He was detained at the Detroit airport and held for about 8 hours until they got him on a flight back to London.

Any and all help is much appreciated, as always! I'm sure I'll be back with more inquiries as the paperwork continues. Thanks everyone!