Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Question re Sadegh's Green Card

Wikiposts

Question re Sadegh's Green Card

Old Jul 26th 2005, 2:14 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Question re Sadegh's Green Card

Hi All,

After reading a few threads, I realized we skipped a step at the AOS interview. Sadegh never had to sign and fingerprint anything, which seems to be a common step for others at the end of their interview.

The photo and fingerprint on his GC are the ones from his EAD renewal, but there's no signature on his card that I can find.

The offficer at our interview said as soon as she clicks on "approve" on the computer, it automatically lets Missouri know, and they start manufacturing the card.

So maybe the people who have to sign and print a card, are ones in offices where the computers are not directly linked to Missouri? That could also explain why some of the pictures on the cards are different colors/shades.

For those who had to sign and print the paper at the interview, does your signature show up on the actual GC anywhere?

OK, now I sound like "consumer".

Thanks,
Rene
Old Jul 26th 2005, 2:18 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question re Sadegh's Green Card

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi All,
OK, now I sound like "consumer".

Thanks,
Rene
Yes, you do. Is his photo color or black and white? LOL!

Rene, Mr. Pink had the same situation as you had---the green card contains the same photo as his EAD even though we had brought others with us. The only thing he signed was a paper which explained about the removal of conditions process.

So, I don't think we skipped a step---the steps were just different, but I don't know why.

~SecretGarden
Old Jul 26th 2005, 2:53 am
Denis

Noorah101 dusted off the keyboard, lubricated the mouse and eloquently
typed:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > After reading a few threads, I realized we skipped a step at the AOS
    > interview. Sadegh never had to sign and fingerprint anything, which
    > seems to be a common step for others at the end of their interview.
    >
    > The photo and fingerprint on his GC are the ones from his EAD renewal,
    > but there's no signature on his card that I can find.
    >
    > The offficer at our interview said as soon as she clicks on "approve" on
    > the computer, it automatically lets Missouri know, and they start
    > manufacturing the card.
    >
    > So maybe the people who have to sign and print a card, are ones in
    > offices where the computers are not directly linked to Missouri? That
    > could also explain why some of the pictures on the cards are different
    > colors/shades.
    >
    > For those who had to sign and print the paper at the interview, does
    > your signature show up on the actual GC anywhere?
    >
    > OK, now I sound like "consumer". :rolleyes:
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Rene
    >
Mine is exactly the same Rene, but as I went through Phoenix too I guess
that isn't surprising. I looked carefully though and my signature is in
the hologram on the back.

Just waiting for I-751 decision now!

Denis

Old Jul 26th 2005, 3:11 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SecretGarden
The only thing he signed was a paper which explained about the removal of conditions process.

~SecretGarden
Hi SG,

To my recollection, Sadegh never signed anything...not even the explanation for removing conditions. Unless I spaced it out, which is entirely possible, I admit...I think I almost stopped listening after she said "I'm going to approve you."

Thanks for your input!
Rene
Old Jul 26th 2005, 3:48 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

I asked about that at my AOS. They said they use the fingerprints and sig they take at bios. Remember it's for EAD *and* AOS. I got the letter explaining removal at the time and didn't have to sign anything.

No sign of my GC so I've no idea what it will look like and I could be talking total bollocks.
Old Jul 26th 2005, 4:32 am
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Ah yes....don't you love the consistancy of the good ol' USCIS?
Old Jul 26th 2005, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by Denis
Mine is exactly the same Rene, but as I went through Phoenix too I guess
that isn't surprising. I looked carefully though and my signature is in
the hologram on the back.

Just waiting for I-751 decision now!

Denis
Hi Denis,

Thanks for pointing that out...now I can't wait to get home and find his signature on the back of the card somewhere! Very cool.

Rene
Old Jul 26th 2005, 12:19 pm
Together at last!

Simon&Vik will become famous soon enoughSimon&Vik will become famous soon enough

I don't recall Simon signing anything, and I know he didn't have another pic/fingerprint taken. (We already did our BIOS for the AOS.)
Old Jul 27th 2005, 4:45 am
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute

I didnt sign or fingerprint anything... I definately remember freaking out about it afterwards too
Old Jul 27th 2005, 12:44 pm
Overworked and exhausted

Hebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud of

Obviously I have nothing that I can help you with, but I seemed to have missed a lot! When did Sadegh get his greencard? Congratulations. Next step ---> removal of conditions. Way to go!
Old Jul 27th 2005, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by Hebapotamus42
Obviously I have nothing that I can help you with, but I seemed to have missed a lot! When did Sadegh get his greencard? Congratulations. Next step ---> removal of conditions. Way to go!
Thanks, Heba!! He got approved at our interview on July 13th! Here's the recap, if you're interested

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...proved+Phoenix

Oh, and Patty Khadija says hi

Rene
Old Jul 28th 2005, 1:08 am
Just Joined

femailpal is an unknown quantity at this point

"The photo and fingerprint on his GC are the ones from his EAD renewal, but there's no signature on his card that I can find."

Being female and changing hairstyles now and then yes, I can tell you that the photo on the GC is one taken during your AOS biometrics. The fingerprint too was probably from that time too.

If you look at the back of the GC where the dark (hologram?) patch is, under lighting, you will see signature (probably also done during bio) AND photo AND A# AND date of birth AND expiry date ... maybe more which I have not found.

It's a card of much intrigue for if you look at the dots on the dark patch with a magnifying glass, those dots are actually faces of US presidents. It's a beautiful piece of art!
Old Jul 28th 2005, 1:53 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by femailpal
It's a card of much intrigue for if you look at the dots on the dark patch with a magnifying glass, those dots are actually faces of US presidents. It's a beautiful piece of art!
All the state flags are on it too.

~SecretGarden
Old Aug 12th 2005, 5:41 pm
Jonathan McNeil Wong

Noorah101 wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > After reading a few threads, I realized we skipped a step at the AOS
    > interview. Sadegh never had to sign and fingerprint anything, which
    > seems to be a common step for others at the end of their interview.
    >
    > The photo and fingerprint on his GC are the ones from his EAD renewal,
    > but there's no signature on his card that I can find.
    >
    > The offficer at our interview said as soon as she clicks on "approve" on
    > the computer, it automatically lets Missouri know, and they start
    > manufacturing the card.
    >
    > So maybe the people who have to sign and print a card, are ones in
    > offices where the computers are not directly linked to Missouri? That
    > could also explain why some of the pictures on the cards are different
    > colors/shades.
    >
    > For those who had to sign and print the paper at the interview, does
    > your signature show up on the actual GC anywhere?
    >
    > OK, now I sound like "consumer". :rolleyes:
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Rene
    >

I had a lot of fun reading this thread.

The real answer is, if you had biometrics done under the new system
(digital prints, digital photo), then you don't need manual ADIT
processing at the district office. If you had biometrics done before
the new system was completely implemented, you will do the ADIT
processing at the district office. District office ADITs are phasing
out as biometrics are fully phased in.

--
Above intended as general commentary, not specific legal
advice. Your mileage may vary.

================================================== =============
Jonathan McNeil Wong Voice: 510-451-0544
Donahue Gallagher Woods LLP Facsimile: 510-832-1486
P.O. Box 12979 URL: http://www.donahue.com
Oakland, CA 94604-2979 E-mail: [email protected]
================================================== =============

Old Aug 12th 2005, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by Jonathan McNeil Wong
I had a lot of fun reading this thread.

The real answer is, if you had biometrics done under the new system
(digital prints, digital photo), then you don't need manual ADIT
processing at the district office. If you had biometrics done before
the new system was completely implemented, you will do the ADIT
processing at the district office. District office ADITs are phasing
out as biometrics are fully phased in.
Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for clearing that up! Such a logical answer, too! I guess we never expected USCIS to be so logical. LOL

Best Wishes,
Rene