Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Question re: NVC Packet and joint sponsor documentation

Question re: NVC Packet and joint sponsor documentation

Old Jan 28th 2018, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

shrinkydinkydoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Question re: NVC Packet and joint sponsor documentation

My mom is my joint sponsor as I don't meet the income guidelines. We answered the question about her home value on the I-864. On the check list that came with the cover sheet for the packet, it has "proof of assets" - so does she need to include a mortgage bank statement or something concerning her home as proof that she owns the home?

I'm nervous that I'm not going to have everything they require and our case will be held up on something trivial.
Old Jan 28th 2018, 6:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question re: NVC Packet and joint sponsor documentation

I would provide as much as possible documentation-wise, even for trivial things. Better to have it and not need it etc.

So I'd recommend trying to get hold of that mortgage statement. I assume it's to cover people saying their house is worth 500k when in fact it's worth 100k etc etc.
Old Jan 28th 2018, 6:23 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question re: NVC Packet and joint sponsor documentation

Originally Posted by shrinkydinkydoo
My mom is my joint sponsor as I don't meet the income guidelines. We answered the question about her home value on the I-864. On the check list that came with the cover sheet for the packet, it has "proof of assets" - so does she need to include a mortgage bank statement or something concerning her home as proof that she owns the home?

I'm nervous that I'm not going to have everything they require and our case will be held up on something trivial.
Does she need to use the home as an asset because her income does not meet the required level?

If her income is sufficient, I would not list the home as an asset. In fact, if that is her primary residence, it's not a good asset anyway, because it has to be liquidatable with 1 year... hard to do if she's living in it.

If you want to include it anyway, then yes, she should provide proof of equity in the home (as that's the amount that can be used as an asset) and also current market value of the home.

Rene