Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Question re medical in London

Wikiposts

Question re medical in London

Old Aug 28th 2008, 4:21 am
Forum Regular

Location: Nottinghamshire UK > Florida > UK 10days >Ireland > BACK IN NOTTINGHAMSHIRE UK
pcmaccallum is just really nicepcmaccallum is just really nicepcmaccallum is just really nicepcmaccallum is just really nicepcmaccallum is just really nicepcmaccallum is just really nicepcmaccallum is just really nicepcmaccallum is just really nice
Default Re: Question re medical in London

Originally Posted by jeffmich2007
Hi Chris

I want to wish you both good luck at your medical and interview I'm sure it will all go well
I have my medical booked for the 5th Sept and interview 12th Sept. My flights and Hotel are booked It's great to be at the last stage but i will feel a lot better once i have approvals and visas's in hand

Not long now

Michelle
Thank you Michelle. I'm sure everything will be fine with yours, but i know what you mean you just want it all to be over. Hopefully it will be soon.
I will let you know how tomorrow goes.

Chris
Old Aug 30th 2008, 4:01 am
Forum Regular

Location: Nottinghamshire UK > Florida > UK 10days >Ireland > BACK IN NOTTINGHAMSHIRE UK
pcmaccallum is just really nicepcmaccallum is just really nicepcmaccallum is just really nicepcmaccallum is just really nicepcmaccallum is just really nicepcmaccallum is just really nicepcmaccallum is just really nicepcmaccallum is just really nice

Hi
Update on medical. We drove into London from Nottingham and parked in the carpark at Hyde Park. It cost £16 well worth it. We were going to go the night before and stay in a hotel then changed our mind so as soon as we were finished we drove straight home.
The staff were lovely very helpful. Filled a questionnaire in when we first got there. I went into nurse, husband had chest xray, I then had chest xray, husband went into doctor then i did. 1 hour 40mins altogether.
Doc gets you to sign twice, checks height, weight, asked some questions, does eye test, asks you undress and get on the bed, shines light in eyes, checks in mouth, takes blood pressure and blood for test, has a quick look down below. all finished. My husband said to say if you are a man you have to cough.
It was a lovely day we walk to the embassy before our medical so we know where we are going next thursday. They said our results will be ready by next wednesday any problem and they will be in touch.

Chris
Old Aug 30th 2008, 10:24 am
The Wee Wifey

LynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud of

Congratulations on another hoop successfully jumped through. Just the interview to go, which I am sure will go nice and smoothly.

Your medical sounded very similar to mine. I was there for 2 hours, but I was told they were running a little behind that day as they were fully booked and one family had taken a lot longer than expected.

With no issues your results should certainly be at the embassy in time for your interview. Mine were held up a little waiting for a letter from my GP, but I still had my passport back only 2 working days after the interview.

All the best for the interview on Thursday.

Lyn
Old Aug 30th 2008, 10:28 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Not wishing to throw a spanner in the works but the way I read your posts you haven't received your appointment details from the Embassy in person.

I hope I am misunderstanding because you need the printed appointment letter the Embassy send you to get in. Without it you could have real problems with the security bods outside controlling the queue.
Old Aug 30th 2008, 10:43 am
The Wee Wifey

LynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lansbury
Not wishing to throw a spanner in the works but the way I read your posts you haven't received your appointment details from the Embassy in person.

I hope I am misunderstanding because you need the printed appointment letter the Embassy send you to get in. Without it you could have real problems with the security bods outside controlling the queue.
I'm not sure if that's true. I called the NVC about the delay in both of us receiving the letter. I was told as long as my husband had the letter he could send a copy to me and that would be OK. They then emailed the letter to my hubby, and it was a copy of the one addressed primarily to him. I did get my original in the post just an hour before I left for the train to London, and the only difference in the letter is the mailing address in the top left corner. The NVC did say I could use my husband's copy if my original didn't arrive in the post on time.

Please note the appointment letter for those processing stateside comes from the NVC, NOT the consulate.

Lyn
Old Aug 30th 2008, 10:53 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LynannC
I'm not sure if that's true. I called the NVC about the delay in both of us receiving the letter. I was told as long as my husband had the letter he could send a copy to me and that would be OK. They then emailed the letter to my hubby, and it was a copy of the one addressed primarily to him. I did get my original in the post just an hour before I left for the train to London, and the only difference in the letter is the mailing address in the top left corner. The NVC did say I could use my husband's copy if my original didn't arrive in the post on time.

Please note the appointment letter for those processing stateside comes from the NVC, NOT the consulate.

Lyn
as long as they have the appointment letter fine, it did appear as if they might not have it.

It doesn't matter how they got it attached to an e-mail or by post, or if it came from the Embassy or anyone else, as long as they have it.
Old Aug 30th 2008, 12:53 pm
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute

I've not got my interview date yet, but i've booked my medical for the 9th September (we fly back into England on the 8th, and I want to save some hassle by doing the medical whilst we are down south rather than messing around going back up and down the country)....... has anyone else had the medical before having their interview date set?

*just to clarify, I am at case complete finally at the NVC, we're just waiting for them to accept my custody documents for the kids then they will give us our interview date, so we're not too far away from getting it*
Old Aug 30th 2008, 11:19 pm
The Wee Wifey

Originally Posted by clarissageo
I've not got my interview date yet, but i've booked my medical for the 9th September (we fly back into England on the 8th, and I want to save some hassle by doing the medical whilst we are down south rather than messing around going back up and down the country)....... has anyone else had the medical before having their interview date set?

*just to clarify, I am at case complete finally at the NVC, we're just waiting for them to accept my custody documents for the kids then they will give us our interview date, so we're not too far away from getting it*
Hi

There was a gentleman there at the medical same day as me who didn't even know if his case was completed yet, so I think that should be OK. As long as you can confirm that you have the correct case number you shouldn't have any problems.

Lyn
Old Aug 31st 2008, 3:40 am
Forum Regular

Hi Iansbury sorry to be so formal but i dont know your first name. Guessing it's Ian but it might not be.

Thank you for your concerns. Our son inlaw emailed a copy of the letter to us so we had it when we went for our medical. They have also posted all the information in case our copy doesn't arrive. We only had 3 weeks notice for interview. Although the letter has our daughters name and address on it, it is written to us as in Dear Christine Maccallum our daughters name is Bishop now. Ours would be exactly the same, just our name and address at the top.
But again thank you. It's so good here because everyone is always looking out for each other making sure they have the correct information.

Chris
Old Aug 31st 2008, 3:45 am
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

There was a gentleman there at the medical same day as me who didn't even know if his case was completed yet, so I think that should be OK. As long as you can confirm that you have the correct case number you shouldn't have any problems.

Lyn
Thanks Lyn! I've been getting a little bit worried that we were going to show up for the medical and they would not let us have it, but if people are having them done without the whole case complete message it looks like we will be ok.
Old Aug 31st 2008, 3:53 am
Forum Regular

Congratulations on another hoop successfully jumped through. Just the interview to go, which I am sure will go nice and smoothly.

Your medical sounded very similar to mine. I was there for 2 hours, but I was told they were running a little behind that day as they were fully booked and one family had taken a lot longer than expected.

With no issues your results should certainly be at the embassy in time for your interview. Mine were held up a little waiting for a letter from my GP, but I still had my passport back only 2 working days after the interview.

All the best for the interview on Thursday.

Lyn

Hi thanks Lyn

Chris
Old Aug 31st 2008, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by pcmaccallum

Thank you for your concerns. Our son inlaw emailed a copy of the letter to us so we had it when we went for our medical.
Good from you posts I thought it possible your son-in-law had just copied the details into an e-mail and not attached any of the documents, if that was the case there was still time to get them from him.

Good luck with the interview 99.9% of people going to London come out thinking how easy it was.
Old Aug 31st 2008, 5:54 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
Good luck with the interview 99.9% of people going to London come out thinking how easy it was.
The other's are never seen again ...
Old Aug 31st 2008, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

jeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nice

Hi Chris

Thanks for posting an update on your medical ...sounds like it went well

My son and i are getting ours Friday 5th Sept Time is passing quickly ! I am booked to stay over night in London after the Medical and then we fly back to scotland at noon on saturday.

Then the following friday i will have my interview ...arriving in London Thursday 11th ...I hope mine goes smoothly

Good luck on Thursday 4th

Michelle
Old Aug 31st 2008, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

Skiboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by clarissageo
Hi

I booked my medical before my interview date was set, and had no problems. Knightsbridge Doctors just needed the case number. Sent in the Statement of Readiness form well after the medical had taken place, and have now had my interview date sent to me.

Paul