Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Question re: I-751 Evidence

Wikiposts

Question re: I-751 Evidence

Old Nov 8th 2005, 8:01 am
june

June has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud of
Question Question re: I-751 Evidence

Hi All,

I have a question I would appreciate if someone could please answer for me. For the first 2 1/2 years of uour marriage my husband & I both lived with my parents in order to save money to buy a house. We did buy a house but not till this past 3/25/05. So when we sent in our joint I-751 package on 8/17/05 to the CSC we sent in the joint grant deed for our house, joint monthly mortgage statements for the loans on both our 1st & 2nd loans, joint closing escrow papers, and joint monthly statements for our home owners association dues. We also sent in joint utility bills for our new house such as water, gas/electric, & trash. All of the above things we sent were for only 5 months from 3/25/05 thru 8/17/05 which is the time peroid we owned our home before we sent in our I-751. My concern is that we don't have anything that shows we had a house payment, paid rent, or household utility bills for the first 2 1/2 years of our marriage since we lived with my parents to save money. We did however send in other things with our I-751 which we did establish together over the 2 1/2 years while we lived with my parents. This evidence includes: joint checking, joint savings, beneficiary information such as two life insurance plicies & an IRA policy, joint medical,dental,vision insurance, joint car insurance on both of our cars, joint ownership of both of our cars along with monthly billing loan statements for both of our cars, joint ownership of the time share we purchased, joint COSTCO membership, greeting cards sent to the both of us as well as to one another, pictures of us together in various places alone & with family & friends, passports & airline tickets that shows we travelled together to Romania at Christmas 2003, joint credit card statements & cards on both of our credit cards, state & federal tax returns for 2002, 2003, 2004, our drivers licenses for both places we lived, our social security cards, about 6 - 7 affidavits from friends, and more. Does anyone think though that it will be a problem that we do not have any rent or house payment or household utility bills to show for the first 2 1/2 years of our marriage because we lived with my parents? My mom also wrote a letter stating we lived with her during this time. My husband & I will be celebrating our 3rd wedding anniversary on 12/13/05. We are still waiting for our I-751 response. Once again we filed on 8/17/05 at the CSC & received my husbands NOA on 8/21/05 that says his CGC is extended for 1 year.
Old Nov 8th 2005, 8:07 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question re: I-751 Evidence

Originally Posted by June
Hi All,

I have a question I would appreciate if someone could please answer for me. For the first 2 1/2 years of uour marriage my husband & I both lived with my parents in order to save money to buy a house. We did buy a house but not till this past 3/25/05. So when we sent in our joint I-751 package on 8/17/05 to the CSC we sent in the joint grant deed for our house, joint monthly mortgage statements for the loans on both our 1st & 2nd loans, joint closing escrow papers, and joint monthly statements for our home owners association dues. We also sent in joint utility bills for our new house such as water, gas/electric, & trash. All of the above things we sent were for only 5 months from 3/25/05 thru 8/17/05 which is the time peroid we owned our home before we sent in our I-751. My concern is that we don't have anything that shows we had a house payment, paid rent, or household utility bills for the first 2 1/2 years of our marriage since we lived with my parents to save money. We did however send in other things with our I-751 which we did establish together over the 2 1/2 years while we lived with my parents. This evidence includes: joint checking, joint savings, beneficiary information such as two life insurance plicies & an IRA policy, joint medical,dental,vision insurance, joint car insurance on both of our cars, joint ownership of both of our cars along with monthly billing loan statements for both of our cars, joint ownership of the time share we purchased, joint COSTCO membership, greeting cards sent to the both of us as well as to one another, pictures of us together in various places alone & with family & friends, passports & airline tickets that shows we travelled together to Romania at Christmas 2003, joint credit card statements & cards on both of our credit cards, state & federal tax returns for 2002, 2003, 2004, our drivers licenses for both places we lived, our social security cards, about 6 - 7 affidavits from friends, and more. Does anyone think though that it will be a problem that we do not have any rent or house payment or household utility bills to show for the first 2 1/2 years of our marriage because we lived with my parents? My mom also wrote a letter stating we lived with her during this time. My husband & I will be celebrating our 3rd wedding anniversary on 12/13/05. We are still waiting for our I-751 response. Once again we filed on 8/17/05 at the CSC & received my husbands NOA on 8/21/05 that says his CGC is extended for 1 year.
Sounds to me like you submitted more than enough evidence!

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Nov 8th 2005, 10:22 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone think though that it will be a problem that we do not have any rent or house payment or household utility bills to show for the first 2 1/2 years of our marriage because we lived with my parents?
No.

Ian
Old Nov 9th 2005, 8:08 am
june

June has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud of
Question Re: Question re: I-751 Evidence

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Sounds to me like you submitted more than enough evidence!

Best Wishes,
Rene

Thanks again for your responses. Does anyone think they might send an RFE to us or request an interview even in light of all the evidence we sent them? (See evidence submitted in my above post). My concern is that as you can see in my above post we submitted absolutley everything we had which is actually a lot of stuff. Your responses would be very much appreciated.
Old Nov 9th 2005, 8:22 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks again for your responses. Does anyone think they might send an RFE to us or request an interview even in light of all the evidence we sent them? (See evidence submitted in my above post). My concern is that as you can see in my above post we submitted absolutley everything we had which is actually a lot of stuff. Your responses would be very much appreciated.
Hi June,

Sure, there is always a possibility of getting an RFE (maybe USCIS loses part of your package of evidence), or be called for an interview (they do random interviews here and there).

My advice is to send in enough, but hold a couple of things back, in case you get an RFE you'll have something *else* to send in. That's what I plan on doing when our time comes.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Nov 9th 2005, 9:56 am
june

Question Re: Question re: I-751 Evidence

Hi June,

Sure, there is always a possibility of getting an RFE (maybe USCIS loses part of your package of evidence), or be called for an interview (they do random interviews here and there).

My advice is to send in enough, but hold a couple of things back, in case you get an RFE you'll have something *else* to send in. That's what I plan on doing when our time comes.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Hi Rene,

Thanks for your response. We already did send in everything we had as you can see from my above post. So what if they do send me an RFE what do I send them? All I would have is just more of what I already sent, (for the months covering the time after we sent in our I-751 which was 8/17/05). We don't have anything new though.
Old Nov 9th 2005, 10:03 am

Hi Rene,

Thanks for your response. We already did send in everything we had as you can see from my above post. So what if they do send me an RFE what do I send them? All I would have is just more of what I already sent, (for the months covering the time after we sent in our I-751 which was 8/17/05). We don't have anything new though.
Oh...sorry, I missed that part. If, by the time you get the RFE, you don't have anything new to send them, you can either re-submit everything you already did, or ask them to adjudicate it on the existing evidence you've submitted. If it were to happen to me, I'd send in some copies of things I already turned in, along with the newest months of joint paperwork, and a note asking them to adjudicated it based on the evidence already submitted, plus the attached documents. Perhaps they will double check to see if it's repeated info, perhaps not.

Rene
Old Nov 9th 2005, 10:51 am
june

Red face Re: Question re: I-751 Evidence

Oh...sorry, I missed that part. If, by the time you get the RFE, you don't have anything new to send them, you can either re-submit everything you already did, or ask them to adjudicate it on the existing evidence you've submitted. If it were to happen to me, I'd send in some copies of things I already turned in, along with the newest months of joint paperwork, and a note asking them to adjudicated it based on the evidence already submitted, plus the attached documents. Perhaps they will double check to see if it's repeated info, perhaps not.

Rene
Thanks Rene I really do appreciate your input regarding all my questions. You can probably tell by now I am a little anxious. I have been reading your & others responses now for several months on this forum & have a great deal of respect for your knowledge regarding USCIS. My husband & I are just hoping we will get an approval soon from the CSC on our I-751. CSC has come to halt on their processing of I-751 cases now for several months.

Thanks again
June
Old Nov 9th 2005, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

bantik2005 has a spectacular aura aboutbantik2005 has a spectacular aura aboutbantik2005 has a spectacular aura about

Do you guys think that it is OK to use stapler if the papers are more than one page long while submitting evidence?
Old Nov 9th 2005, 12:39 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bantik2005
Do you guys think that it is OK to use stapler if the papers are more than one page long while submitting evidence?
Oh for god's sake... what the hell is the matter with you? Are you not capable of doing the simplest thing without asking for validation? Staple it if you want. Use Acco fasteners if you want. Use paper clips if that's what pumps your 'nads! Are you able to do anything at all without needing someone to hold your hand? Geez!

Ian
Old Nov 9th 2005, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by bantik2005
I used staples when submitting our AOS application with no ill effects.

Rene
Old Nov 9th 2005, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

bantik2005 has a spectacular aura aboutbantik2005 has a spectacular aura aboutbantik2005 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Oh for god's sake... what the hell is the matter with you? Are you not capable of doing the simplest thing without asking for validation? Staple it if you want. Use Acco fasteners if you want. Use paper clips if that's what pumps your 'nads! Are you able to do anything at all without needing someone to hold your hand? Geez!

Ian
Ian, never hurts to double check
Thanks Rene
Old Nov 10th 2005, 2:55 am
june

Talking Re: Question re: I-751 Evidence

Originally Posted by ian-mstm

Ian
Ian,

I don't know who asked the question about stapling or using ACCO fastners, but I didn't. Hope your remarks were directed to the person who asked the question & not me. I agree with Rene though it doesn't hurt to ask. People on this forum are looking for help & support not criticism. They need to feel comfortable to ask any question that is on their mind or that may be bothering them without feeling they are going to be embarrased or humilitated by someone on this forum who should be here to give support.

June
Old Nov 10th 2005, 7:45 am
Account Closed

I don't know who asked the question about stapling or using ACCO fastners, but I didn't.
Umm... yah, I know!

Hope your remarks were directed to the person who asked the question & not me.
If you look at my comment, you'll see that I was responding to Bantik2005. Why you'd think I was responding to you, is beyond me!

People on this forum are looking for help & support not criticism.
And your point?

They need to feel comfortable to ask any question that is on their mind or that may be bothering them without feeling they are going to be embarrased or humilitated by someone on this forum who should be here to give support.
To be fair, I do give support - and I believe I have made a positive contribution over the years. I do, however, take exception to several things and am not afraid to publicly ridicule those who cross my comfort threshold... for example, people who post their intention to break the law; people who don't care to do any research on their own prior to asking for help because they can then have someone to blame if things go wrong; people who are so afraid to do anything at all in case they make a mistake and are then so paralyzed by their own fears they abdicate all responsibility for their own life, people who... well, you get the idea.

This is a public forum, and I am equally free to either post my thoughts or to help and support. I decide which and when.

Ian