Wikiposts

Question Re: DS156

Old Apr 28th 2003, 5:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Dekka's Angel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question Re: DS156

Dekka asked me about Question 25 and I have no idea what to advise. Can someone help?

Question 25 asks "Do you intend to work in the US?". An easy Yes or No question on its face. But then the problem comes -- the form instructs that if the answer is "Yes", you must "provide the name and complete address for the US employer."

Dekkie certainly intends to work as soon as he has permission to do so and an EAD application filed, but he does not have a job lined up in advance and is just beginning to even tentatively look into things. Should he check "Yes" and then fill in something to the effect of: "No employment currently arranged but will seek employment upon filing for EAD" and leave it at that? Or is the appropriate answer "No", just because he has no present commitment of employment?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Old Apr 28th 2003, 5:34 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Question Re: DS156

Originally posted by Dekka's Angel
Dekka asked me about Question 25 and I have no idea what to advise. Can someone help?

Question 25 asks "Do you intend to work in the US?". An easy Yes or No question on its face. But then the problem comes -- the form instructs that if the answer is "Yes", you must "provide the name and complete address for the US employer."

Dekkie certainly intends to work as soon as he has permission to do so and an EAD application filed, but he does not have a job lined up in advance and is just beginning to even tentatively look into things. Should he check "Yes" and then fill in something to the effect of: "No employment currently arranged but intend to seek employment upon filing for AOS/EAD" and leave it at that? Or is the appropriate answer "No", just because he has no present commitment of employment?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Hi Angel:

Again, remember that the DS-156 is a generic form for all non-immigrant visas. I would check "yes" and then put "none at present" when it asks for the name of the employer.
Old Apr 28th 2003, 5:45 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I checked "yes" and then wrote "intends to be self-employed" since he is planning to open his own business. But basically, yes, he intends to work in the US.
Rene
Old Apr 28th 2003, 5:48 am
BE Enthusiast

207lonsdale is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Noorah101
I checked "yes" and then wrote "intends to be self-employed" since he is planning to open his own business. But basically, yes, he intends to work in the US.
Rene
I said more or less the same thing .... I have my own business in the UK and intend to do likewise in the US.
Old Apr 28th 2003, 5:51 am
BE Enthusiast

kariml is an unknown quantity at this point

This is what we said:

Yes. I plan to look for work after applying for an employment authorization card in connection with my I-485
application.

Kari