Reload this Page >

Question re co sponsorship

Wikiposts

Question re co sponsorship

Old May 18th 2009, 8:02 am
Just Joined

dozey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question re co sponsorship

My American fiance and I have applied for a K1 visa. His flat mate has agreed to be my co sponsor, since my fiance lost his job. Please can anyone advise which forms he needs to complete and where/when they need to be submitted?

Thank you
Old May 18th 2009, 8:18 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question re co sponsorship

Originally Posted by dozey
My American fiance and I have applied for a K1 visa. His flat mate has agreed to be my co sponsor, since my fiance lost his job. Please can anyone advise which forms he needs to complete and where/when they need to be submitted?

Thank you

Both he and your fiancee need to complete I-134 for the K-1.
Old May 18th 2009, 8:18 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question re co sponsorship

Originally Posted by dozey

Thank you
* Evidence of Support: An applicant for a K visa is not required to file an affidavit of support, form I-864 at the time he or she applies for a fiancé(e) visa. However, the Immigration and Nationality Act does require the applicant to establish to the satisfaction of the consular officer at the time of the application for a visa, and also to the satisfaction of an officer of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration at the time of application for admission to the United States, that he or she is not likely at any time to become a public charge.

Evidence Which May Be Presented to Meet the Public Charge Provisions of the Law

K-1 and K-3 and their derivatives are not required to file an affidavit of support, form I-864 at the time he or she applies for the visa. However, the Immigration and Nationality Act does require the applicant to establish to the satisfaction of the consular officer at the time of the application for a visa, and also to the satisfaction of an officer of the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) at the time of application for admission to the United States, that he or she is not likely at any time to become a public charge. (more)

This affidavit of support is just the beginning; you will also need to look at the I-864 that goes with your eventual adjustment of status (AOS) application after marriage.