Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Question re "fake" marriage for US visa

Wikiposts

Question re "fake" marriage for US visa

Old Feb 2nd 2001, 6:12 am
BBinNY

Are there any web sites, newspapers or similar sources where people meet to arrange
visa-driven marriages? My friend (female from Eastern Europe, 21 years old, educated)
needs to marry a US citizen for visa purposes. She lives in the New York City area.
Ideally, she would like to meet a gay male looking for a similar convenience-based
marriage. Where can we look? She would be willing to pay or be otherwise helpful, but is
not looking for a romantic relationship.

Thank you for your help.

Old Feb 2nd 2001, 6:41 am
Rita

Rather than her having to pay someone to pose as her husband for the sake of her getting a
greencard (jezus they would have to stay married for around four years for this to pan out
with NYC INS) and him risk being fined and/or jailed by the feds, why doesn't this
"educate" woman find an employer who is willing to sponsor her for an H-1B work visa.

Shoot there are ways to get into the US legally without having to resort to
illegal methods

If she is really desperate, then Grinch has a Hooty Owl for sale.
--
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& Snotty Bitch!!!!!!!

The K1 FAQ is now at http://www.k1faq.com www2.apex.net/users/thehydes

Old Feb 2nd 2001, 6:47 am
Onigiri

Are there any web sites, newspapers or similar sources where people
> meet to arrange visa-driven marriages?
Check alt.us.marriage.visa-driven What is your friend's current visa status ? If she is
*educated* she may qualify for other visas: check alt.visa.us site. You also write that
she is willing to pay: pay a lawyer to work with a potential employer for sponsorship. If
you prefer, choose a gay male lawyer.

> My friend (female from Eastern Europe, 21 years old, educated) needs to marry a US
> citizen for visa purposes. She lives in the New York City area. Ideally, she would like
> to meet a gay male looking for a similar convenience-based marriage. Where can we look?
> She would be willing to pay or be otherwise helpful, but is not looking for a romantic
> relationship.
>
> Thank you for your help.

Old Feb 2nd 2001, 9:02 am
George Charpied

BBinNY,

Is entrapment as a word part of your vocabulary? Or are you simply doing your job?

George and Miglena

BBinNY wrote:
>
> Are there any web sites, newspapers or similar sources where people meet to arrange
> visa-driven marriages? My friend (female from Eastern Europe, 21 years old, educated)
> needs to marry a US citizen for visa purposes. She lives in the New York City area.
> Ideally, she would like to meet a gay male looking for a similar convenience-based
> marriage. Where can we look? She would be willing to pay or be otherwise helpful, but is
> not looking for a romantic relationship.
>
> Thank you for your help.

Old Feb 4th 2001, 1:40 pm
Duncan

Are there any web sites, newspapers or similar sources where people meet to
>arrange visa-driven marriages? My friend (female from Eastern Europe, 21 years old,
>educated) needs to marry a US citizen for visa purposes. She lives in the New York City
>area. Ideally, she would like to meet a gay male looking for a similar convenience-based
>marriage. Where can we look? She would be willing to pay or be otherwise helpful, but is
>not looking for a romantic relationship.

What would the gay man get out of it ? Not sure what similar convenience-based part he
would get. Lets face it, unless there is regular sex involved then most men would not be
interested..

Old Feb 4th 2001, 2:28 pm
Onigiri

In article <wEDe6.1577$%[email protected] k.net>,
> BBinNY <[email protected]> writes
> >Are there any web sites, newspapers or similar sources where people meet
to
> >arrange visa-driven marriages? My friend (female from Eastern Europe, 21 years old,
> >educated) needs to marry a US citizen for visa purposes. She lives in the New York City
> >area. Ideally, she would like to meet a gay
male
> >looking for a similar convenience-based marriage. Where can we look? She would be
> >willing to pay or be otherwise helpful, but is not looking for a romantic relationship.

> What would the gay man get out of it ? Not sure what similar convenience-based part he
> would get.
May be she has a rent-controlled apartment ? Near the Theatre district.
> Lets face it, unless there is regular sex involved then most men would not be
> interested..
BBinNY promises to pay or *be otherwise helpful* - there !! How could someone be
otherwise helpful to a gay male who does not want to be paid in money ? Provide unusual
-- as opposed to *regular*-- services, something many in the old profession do without
developing a romantic relationship. There are other alt ng's with elaborate descriptions
on how regular builder's hardware is used to get high jollies. And as Rita pointed out,
with the NYC waiting times for AoS, the client will be guaranteed service for four or
more years.

Old Feb 4th 2001, 11:46 pm
Rita

Also you can look at this way: Many gays are not out of the closet for their families. So
they bring a little bride home for mommy and daddy and reinforce the notion that they are
straight. Mom and dad don't have to know what goes on behind closed doors. Relatives are
satisfied that little Johnny is on the right track.

Plus little Johnny has some extra money to spend on his true love interest. Perhaps a nice
will trinket to express his love and commitment.

Either way a lot of trouble for a lady with an education. Unless, of course, that
education is street smarts and not book learning.

Rita

Old Feb 5th 2001, 12:39 pm
MoonRose13

Hello,

<< My friend (female from Eastern Europe, 21
>years old, educated) needs to marry a US citizen for visa purposes. She >lives
in the New York City area. Ideally, she would like to meet a gay male. >looking for a
similar convenience-based marriage. Where can we look? She >would be willing to pay or be
otherwise helpful, but is not looking for a >romantic relationship.

I know I have said this here quite a few times. But I will say it again. Fraudulent
marriages for the purpose of obtaining a visa make it bad for Americans and
non-Americans married to each other, because they love each other. My husband did not
marry me, because he wanted to live in the United States. He married me, because he
loves me. We have been married for three-and-a-half years. We are quite happy. It took
long enough to get his PR Visa to come to this country. His cousin told us the US
Embassy at Singapore was playing a waiting game with us. The immigration officials
wanted to make sure we were really married.

Please tell your friend to find another way. From what part of Eastern Europe does she
come? Would she qualify for refugee status?

I may sound harsh here. But there are quite a few people who come online looking for an
American to marry so they can obtain a visa. The more fraudulent marriages there are the
worse it is for those of us who are really married.

The INS will catch your friend. They have ways of spotting marriages of convenience.

Love and Blessed Be, Theresa

Old Aug 24th 2003, 5:20 pm
Michael

Default Re: Question re "fake" marriage for US visa

absolutely!!

its cz of these ppl that 'real' relationships have to go through a
looong wait. the concern of INS and govt is understandable, but
because of these posers and frauds, ppl in real luv also have to wait
and get harrassed.

god bless all.

warm regards,
michael.

billwilson597 <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > people who do that make it hard on the real marriages

Old Aug 24th 2003, 6:29 pm
Michael

billwilson597 <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > people who do that make it hard on the real marriages

Well if she is hot, I would consider it but I want some fun in return;
have her email me
***************@aol.com

Old Aug 24th 2003, 8:50 pm
Tony Leach

They are just one reason it takes so long with so many checks etc - but a
big reason

But remember what they must be going through in their own country to
consider doing this sort of thing for a better life. But there are proper
channels like political asylum.