question for k3iers

Old Aug 27th 2003, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

ndrobert is an unknown quantity at this point
Default question for k3iers

hi.........
My wife got a visa (k3 ) is her now with me........i have a question for all k3iers ,what to do next which application i have to fill to get SS & other things done.

Thanks in Advance

Regards
Robert
Old Aug 27th 2003, 5:24 pm
Mummy and baby 1982

Maggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond repute

Hello

For a K3 to get a SSN to allow her to work, she has to apply for an I-751 Employment Authorisation Document first. When that arrives she can then apply for SSN.

The next step is AOS using I-485 but to do this you either need the approval notice from the I-130 or the notice of action for the
I-130 application. It seems to depend on where you are applying for AOS, as to which one is accepted.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Maggie
Old Aug 27th 2003, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

candiceezznagui is an unknown quantity at this point

we just went through all this and MANY of my husband's friend's said we could do this and that and this and that but NONE of it was correct information. We spent many hours at BSIC for them to tell us what I had been saying all along since he came over on a k-3 visa he had to apply for his work permit through missouri service center same place as did his 129f application. Then after we get that we can apply for his ss#. Since we are in Denver we CAN NOT file for AOS UNTIL his i-130 gets approved and that is going on day 425 or something rediculaous like that. So we filed for his EAD through MSC and all went great, got it in 2 months! YAHOO. If we had been able to file AOS we would have got it that same day, but oh well God knows best. Anyway we just did his SS # yesterday and should be able to get the number tomorrow have to go back down to the office and wait in the long line and then they will give us the nuber and the card should arrive in the mail in about 2 weeks. Hope this helps. Good luck
Old Aug 28th 2003, 12:31 am
Forum Regular

Default which application ( Number)

Originally posted by candiceezznagui
we just went through all this and MANY of my husband's friend's said we could do this and that and this and that but NONE of it was correct information. We spent many hours at BSIC for them to tell us what I had been saying all along since he came over on a k-3 visa he had to apply for his work permit through missouri service center same place as did his 129f application. Then after we get that we can apply for his ss#. Since we are in Denver we CAN NOT file for AOS UNTIL his i-130 gets approved and that is going on day 425 or something rediculaous like that. So we filed for his EAD through MSC and all went great, got it in 2 months! YAHOO. If we had been able to file AOS we would have got it that same day, but oh well God knows best. Anyway we just did his SS # yesterday and should be able to get the number tomorrow have to go back down to the office and wait in the long line and then they will give us the nuber and the card should arrive in the mail in about 2 weeks. Hope this helps. Good luck

You guys are such a big help,please tell me which application i have to fill & where i have to send i will really appreciate that

Regards
Robert
Old Aug 28th 2003, 3:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Khadija is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: question for k3iers

Originally posted by ndrobert
hi.........
My wife got a visa (k3 ) is her now with me........i have a question for all k3iers ,what to do next which application i have to fill to get SS & other things done.

Thanks in Advance

Regards
Robert
Congrats on getting your wife here!

Bye for now,
Patty
Old Aug 28th 2003, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: question for k3iers

Originally posted by Khadija
Congrats on getting your wife here!

Bye for now,
Patty
Hi,
Thanks very much Khadija,what is happening in ur case ?

Regards
robert