Wikiposts

a question on I-751

Old Jan 8th 2007, 4:27 am
Forum Regular

haozi101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default a question on I-751

I mailed my I-751 to Nebraska on Dec 2 and checked was cashed on Dec 6th. I have received NOA1 and biometrics appointment letter. I did fingerprint on Jan 3rd. When we applied my I-751, we put two different address on the residence address (in Indiana) and mailing address (in Ohio) due to frequent moving. (We put our physical residence address in the residence address and my parents-in-law's address as mailing address). BTW, both NOA and biometrics appointment letters were mailed to my parents-in-law's address (mailing address). This Thursday, I am going to Maryland for a job interview. If everything goes well and we decide to take the job, then we will move to Maryland next month. But I still like to keep my parents-in-law's address as a mailing address for immigration purpose since when we move to Maryland, we will probably have some temporary place to live for a few months and then move into a more permanent place.

We did address change (AR-11 and I-865) before we filed I-751 and again, we put two different address on the I-865 (parents-in-law's address in the mailing address). The receipt of I-865 also mailed to parents-in-law's house and on the receipt, our residence address never showed up. Residence address didn't show up on I-751 NOA either.

So, my question is that should I file AR-11 and I-865 again since our mailing address will NOT be changed, just residence address? Should I call 1800 to notify them that my residence address is changed, NOT mailing address since I have a pending I-751 case with them? If I do have to change residence address not mailing address, will my case be transferred from Nebraska to Vermont? My last question is that since both NOA and fingerprint appointment letters were mailed to my parents-in-law's address, will my approval notice and actually green card be mailed there too?

Really appreciated any input. Thanks.

Last edited by haozi101; Jan 8th 2007 at 4:31 am.
Old Jan 8th 2007, 4:58 am
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: a question on I-751

You have to file the AR-11 when you move as, at least in my understanding, it is required that USCIS know your current RESIDENCE. I dont think it'll change anything with the I-751 though - goes to a different place. You have to call and/or write the place your petition is at for that address to change
Old Jan 8th 2007, 5:09 am
Forum Regular

So what you meant is that I will need to file AR-11 and my husband will file I-865 with new residence address, but keep my mailing address as my parents-in-law's address same. And call 1800 number to tell them that I have my residdence address changed, but NOT mailing address. Will I need to write a letter to NSC to inform them the same thing?
Old Jan 8th 2007, 5:29 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by haozi101
So what you meant is that I will need to file AR-11 and my husband will file I-865 with new residence address, but keep my mailing address as my parents-in-law's address same. And call 1800 number to tell them that I have my residdence address changed, but NOT mailing address. Will I need to write a letter to NSC to inform them the same thing?
My opinion is that if you are not changing your mailing address at all, the only items you need to file are the AR-11 and the I-865.

Rene
Old Jan 8th 2007, 5:43 am
Forum Regular

My address in I-751 will NOT be changed by filing AR-11 and I-865? I think I should call 1800 number to find out if they have both my residence address and mailing address in their system or they only have my mailing address since my residence address wasn't even shown on either my I751 NOA or ASC fingerprint appointment letter. If they don't even have my residence address in their system and I will keep mailing address same as the time I filed I-751, I don't even need to bother to notify NSC that I have my physical address changed. Right? Thank you guys.
Old Jan 8th 2007, 6:30 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by haozi101
My address in I-751 will NOT be changed by filing AR-11 and I-865? I think I should call 1800 number to find out if they have both my residence address and mailing address in their system or they only have my mailing address since my residence address wasn't even shown on either my I751 NOA or ASC fingerprint appointment letter. If they don't even have my residence address in their system and I will keep mailing address same as the time I filed I-751, I don't even need to bother to notify NSC that I have my physical address changed. Right? Thank you guys.
No, your mailing address will not be changed by filing the AR-11 and the I-865. I don't think you need to notify NSC, no.

Rene