question to Eileen

Old Jun 15th 2002, 5:20 am
Nluv4ever77

Default question to Eileen

Does my husband have to wait until I send the 864 A back to him before he mails back
packet 3 to the consulate in AMsterdam, or do you think he should go ahead and mail
it anyways. I told him to go ahead and mail it now becauase he wont need it until the
inteview day.....am I correct on this? I know the police report takes up to 10 weeks
and I tried telling him to mail it back as soon as he could but he thinks he must
wait until I send him my 864A which I have to go and redo. We didnt think we needed
the 864A and I did the I134 so its back to redoing it lol.

Old Jun 15th 2002, 1:17 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: question to Eileen

Since he has to wait for the US Consulate to process his police clearance and it is a long wait in Amsterdam for this, there is no harm in his sending the checklist back now. BTW you will be doing the I-864 not an I-864A. How long would it take you to complete the Affidavit of Support? Can't take more than 10 days at most.

Rete
Old Jun 15th 2002, 3:20 pm
Nluv4ever77

lol thanks...i get them all confused!!!!!!!!! To bad I cant change it to I130 and he
could have his spouse visa. I always thought you didnt need the 864A until the AOS
interview but I guess everyone is different.

Old Jun 16th 2002, 5:20 am
Eileen

Hi Ally It's always something.....and just when you think you are (sorta)done with
the INS....then you have a stubborn Dutch husband to deal with! ok...what he needs
to do is turn in the checklist with the DS230 part 1, then wait for the Consulate to
send him the date of the medical. Other people have turned in everything in packet 3
and get it back in the mail the next week. So, just wasted postage and wasted
Consulate time. He will need to have everything else ready to turn in at the medical
appointment, so you need to be busy and get your end of the deal to him so he is not
nervous. Good luck, Eileen "NLUV4EVER77" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Does my husband have to wait until I send the 864 A back to him before he
mails
    > back packet 3 to the consulate in AMsterdam, or do you think he should go
ahead
    > and mail it anyways. I told him to go ahead and mail it now becauase he
wont
    > need it until the inteview day.....am I correct on this? I know the
police
    > report takes up to 10 weeks and I tried telling him to mail it back as
soon as
    > he could but he thinks he must wait until I send him my 864A which I have
to go
    > and redo. We didnt think we needed the 864A and I did the I134 so its
back to
    > redoing it lol.

Old Jun 18th 2002, 12:20 pm
Jennifer

"Eileen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected] et>...
    > Hi Ally It's always something.....and just when you think you are (sorta)done with
    > the INS....then you have a stubborn Dutch husband to deal with! ok...what he
    > needs to do is turn in the checklist with the DS230 part 1, then wait for the
    > Consulate to send him the date of the medical. Other people have turned in
    > everything in packet 3 and get it back in the mail the next week. So, just wasted
    > postage and wasted Consulate time. He will need to have everything else ready to
    > turn in at the medical appointment, so you need to be busy and get your end of the
    > deal to him so he is not nervous. Good luck, Eileen

Stubborn Dutch husband! Ain't that the truth! I'm still laughing about that one,
Eileen! : )

Jennifer & Peter Married June 7, 2002

PS: When will you & Klaus be coming to Portland next?

> "NLUV4EVER77" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Does my husband have to wait until I send the 864 A back to him before he
    > mails
    > > back packet 3 to the consulate in AMsterdam, or do you think he should go
    > ahead
    > > and mail it anyways. I told him to go ahead and mail it now becauase he
    > wont
    > > need it until the inteview day.....am I correct on this? I know the
    > police
    > > report takes up to 10 weeks and I tried telling him to mail it back as
    > soon as
    > > he could but he thinks he must wait until I send him my 864A which I have
    > to go
    > > and redo. We didnt think we needed the 864A and I did the I134 so its
    > back to
    > > redoing it lol.