Reload this Page >

Question about sending additional documents

Wikiposts

Question about sending additional documents

Old Jul 22nd 2015, 5:22 am
Forum Regular

Mairen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question about sending additional documents

hi there! me and my husband had our interview in London yesterday for CR-1 and we were successful (yay!). We didn't have his birth certificate though, and we need to send it in to finalize everything. It arrived today, so we're planning on heading to one of the DX (the courier we were told to use) locations tomorrow to get this all finished. My concern is that on the letter that the embassy gave us with instructions for sending this last document in, it states that we'll need to bring our passport to the DX location when we ship the document out. However, the embassy kept my husband's passport along with all of the other documents we submitted!

For those of you who have been in a situation like this (interview complete and approved, but needing to send in a last minute document, etc), did you have your passport? Was it a mistake that the embassy didn't return it to my husband? Or is the passport listed as something we need to bring simply for ID purposes (I'm hoping this is the case because we have other ID). I just wanted to clear this up before we take another hour long trip to London tomorrow only to find out that having your passport is absolutely necessary. Thanks so much!
Old Jul 22nd 2015, 9:33 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question about sending additional documents

Originally Posted by Mairen
My concern is that on the letter that the embassy gave us with instructions for sending this last document in, it states that we'll need to bring our passport to the DX location when we ship the document out. However, the embassy kept my husband's passport along with all of the other documents we submitted!
This is what's called a "boilerplate" letter... meaning, that they use the same letter to cover a variety of situations - including those who need to send in their passport if they didn't leave it with them. Since they kept your passport, this won't be an issue for you, and you can safely ignore that part of the letter.

Ian
Old Oct 7th 2015, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

lunarose has a reputation beyond reputelunarose has a reputation beyond reputelunarose has a reputation beyond reputelunarose has a reputation beyond reputelunarose has a reputation beyond reputelunarose has a reputation beyond reputelunarose has a reputation beyond reputelunarose has a reputation beyond reputelunarose has a reputation beyond reputelunarose has a reputation beyond reputelunarose has a reputation beyond repute

After they received the document, how long did it take to get your visa packet?
Old Oct 7th 2015, 11:38 pm
Forum Regular

Mairen is an unknown quantity at this point

hello! once the embassy received the additional document from us, we got our visa no more than a week later.
Old Oct 7th 2015, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

lunarose has a reputation beyond reputelunarose has a reputation beyond reputelunarose has a reputation beyond reputelunarose has a reputation beyond reputelunarose has a reputation beyond reputelunarose has a reputation beyond reputelunarose has a reputation beyond reputelunarose has a reputation beyond reputelunarose has a reputation beyond reputelunarose has a reputation beyond reputelunarose has a reputation beyond repute

That's good to hear. The document was delivered this morning so fingers crossed not long now. 😄