Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Question about Purchasing Tickets for Me and My Fiancee

Question about Purchasing Tickets for Me and My Fiancee

Old Dec 29th 2003, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

Joe_Daisy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question about Purchasing Tickets for Me and My Fiancee

My fiancee's interview is In early February 2004. I want to arrange tickets to fly there and pick her up. What is the best way to do this? Order a round-trip for (2) from Chicago to Vietnam? Or do I have my fiancee order out there and ask for the same Flight number that I'm on coming back to Chicago? It is really getting difficult to buy tickets now because of the Tet Holiday, many flights are getting booked coming back. But I did find a price of $1360 round trip. It's going to be an expensive trip. hehehe.

Thanks for any input.
Old Dec 29th 2003, 5:46 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Question about Purchasing Tickets for Me and My Fiancee

Originally posted by Joe_Daisy
My fiancee's interview is In early February 2004. I want to arrange tickets to fly there and pick her up. What is the best way to do this? Order a round-trip for (2) from Chicago to Vietnam? Or do I have my fiancee order out there and ask for the same Flight number that I'm on coming back to Chicago? It is really getting difficult to buy tickets now because of the Tet Holiday, many flights are getting booked coming back. But I did find a price of $1360 round trip. It's going to be an expensive trip. hehehe.

Thanks for any input.
Hi:

Make sure HER ticket is either refundable and or can be changed for little or no charge. Do NOT assume she will get the visa.
Old Dec 30th 2003, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

girlyflyer is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for any input.
Just an FYI, if you buy both tickets from Chicago, her ticket will be canceled because in the computer she will be a no-show on her Chicago-Vietnam segment. If you're going to risk it and buy them ahead of time, be sure to buy hers beginning in Vietnam. Good Luck!
Old Dec 30th 2003, 2:30 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by girlyflyer
Just an FYI, if you buy both tickets from Chicago, her ticket will be canceled because in the computer she will be a no-show on her Chicago-Vietnam segment. If you're going to risk it and buy them ahead of time, be sure to buy hers beginning in Vietnam. Good Luck!

Exactly!! Only buy what SHE is actually flying. Also do check the rules and see if you CAN purchase tickets for her, booked here in US. There is at least one country that will not allow flights from that country to be booked in the US. She may be able to get cheaper if purchased there as well. Mr F made a good point, since there could (notice I said could) be hiccups she at least needs a ticket that you can change with as little penalty as possible. You may want to see if there is a possiblility of a consolidator/wholesaler ticket for yourself. Those can be cheaper but may have stiffer penalties for any changes.
Good luck!
Old Dec 30th 2003, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

Joe_Daisy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by girlyflyer
I was finally able to find available tickets coming back from Vietnam. Because of the Tet Holiday almost all flights are full. I was able to find a ticket through American Airlines which is on a JAL flight. When I called JAL they told me they were booked until March 5th when trying to come back home. I need to leave on Feb 11th or 12th heheh. I was able to purchase a One-Way ticket from Vietnam to Chicago. I haven't finalized the purchase yet. Still waiting to see if my fiancee can possibly get a cheaper ticket on the same flight, by purchasing there in VN. Yes I will make sure that I can change the date of her ticket.

Thanks!
Old Dec 31st 2003, 12:48 am
Oregon/ShangHai

donahso is an unknown quantity at this point

I was finally able to find available tickets coming back from Vietnam. Because of the Tet Holiday almost all flights are full. I was able to find a ticket through American Airlines which is on a JAL flight. When I called JAL they told me they were booked until March 5th when trying to come back home. I need to leave on Feb 11th or 12th heheh. I was able to purchase a One-Way ticket from Vietnam to Chicago. I haven't finalized the purchase yet. Still waiting to see if my fiancee can possibly get a cheaper ticket on the same flight, by purchasing there in VN. Yes I will make sure that I can change the date of her ticket.

Thanks!

Try http://flychina.com

I was able to book a round trip for me and a one way for my fiancee in September. I had the tickets in hand before I left and the price was better than I found anywhere else.
Old Dec 31st 2003, 1:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Buendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the rough

Thanks!
Check the price of a roundtrip from Vietnam for your wife - this may be cheaper than a one-way. When I looked into flights from Ireland to the US, the one-way for my husband was $1258 and the roundtrip was only $569 (that's for the whole roundtrip, not each way). Strange but true. I'm going to book the return date so that we can potentially use it to visit Ireland next Christmas. If we can't, we can change it for $100. If we still don't use it, at least we've saved $689.