Reload this Page >

Question about notaries

Wikiposts

Question about notaries

Old Aug 11th 2002, 3:13 am
Amber

Default Question about notaries

Hi again, I have another little question. I read that all forms for our visa
interview that need to be notarized can ONLY be done by a US notary public.

I am in Australia and would like to know if these signatures can be notarized on the
day of the interview at the embassy,or if I need to find a US notary in QLD.....or
can an Aus notary do it after all?

Thank you A

Old Aug 11th 2002, 4:04 am
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

I'm not sure that applies as many USC's don't go to the interview, particularly if the filing is done overseas (DCF)

I am in the UK and an example I can give you:
I had to get a police report from Spain which arrived in Spanish.
I had to have it translated (which I did at the language department of the local University)
I then had to have it notarized (which the Uni arrnaged)
and that was done by a UK Solicitor.

Not quite the same circumstances, but I hope it helps.

Good luck.
Old Aug 11th 2002, 4:30 am
Jimmy Perrine

Default Re: Question about notaries

Where have you read this misinformation? Please write to the author and
correct them.

The ONLY thing that needs notarization is the Affidavit of Support. (And by some
accounts, tax returns if asked for notarized) You CANNOT find a US notary in a
foreign country, so you will have to go to the consulate and sign in front of a
consular officer, just as good as a notary.

--
Martyr Harry "Amber" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
m
    > Hi again, I have another little question. I read that all forms for our visa
    > interview that need to be notarized can ONLY be done by a US notary public.
    > I am in Australia and would like to know if these signatures can be notarized on
    > the day of the interview at the embassy,or if I need to find a US notary in
    > QLD.....or can an Aus notary do it after all?
    > Thank you A

Old Aug 11th 2002, 7:29 am
Girard Bourque

If you have translation then the translations needs to be "Certified" by the
translator. The consulate told me that I could tranlsate my wifes birth certificate
and our marriage certificate and put a statement on the back. I might have gotten
the statement off the vermont service center site, but it is listed below. As far
as the I-134 I had it signed by an INS officer for free.

Certification by Translator

I _______________, certify that I am conversant in the English and Spanish
languages, and that the above document is an accurate translation of the document
attached entitled EXTRACTO DE ACTA (Birth Certificate) .

Signature _________________ Date _________________

Old Aug 11th 2002, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of
Default Re: Re: Question about notaries

Hi,
On the "Instructions for Immigrant Visa Applications"
(OF-169)

10. Translations. All documents not in English, or in the official language of the country in which applications for a visa
is being made, must be accompanied by certified English translations. Translations must be certified by a competent
translator and sworn to before a Notary Public"

Originally posted by Girard Bourque:
If you have translation then the translations needs to be "Certified" by the
translator. The consulate told me that I could tranlsate my wifes birth certificate
and our marriage certificate and put a statement on the back. I might have gotten
the statement off the vermont service center site, but it is listed below. As far
as the I-134 I had it signed by an INS officer for free.

Certification by Translator

I _______________, certify that I am conversant in the English and Spanish
languages, and that the above document is an accurate translation of the document
attached entitled EXTRACTO DE ACTA (Birth Certificate) .

Signature _________________ Date _________________
Old Aug 12th 2002, 3:40 am
Jonathan_atc

Don't knock yourself out on finding a US notary public in a foreign country. You only
need translations at this stage if the documents in question are in a language other
than what is spoken in the country applying. Just use the translation statement
posted if translations ARE needed. No notary has ever been needed.

--
Jonathan_ATC "rogerpenycate" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
m
    > Hi, On the "Instructions for Immigrant Visa Applications" (OF-169)
    > 10. Translations. All documents not in English, or in the official language of the
    > country in which applications for a visa is being made, must be accompanied by
    > certified English translations. Translations must be certified by a competent
    > translator and sworn to before a Notary Public"
    > Originally posted by Girard Bourque:
    > > If you have translation then the translations needs to be "Certified" by the
    > > translator. The consulate told me that I could tranlsate my wifes birth
    > > certificate and our marriage certificate and put a statement on the back. I
    > > might have gotten the statement off the vermont service center site, but it is
    > > listed below. As far as the I-134 I had it signed by an INS officer for free.
    > >
    > > Certification by Translator
    > >
    > > I _______________, certify that I am conversant in the English and Spanish
    > > languages, and that the above document is an accurate translation of the document
    > > attached entitled EXTRACTO DE ACTA (Birth Certificate) .
    > >
    > >
    > > Signature _________________ Date _________________
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com