Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Question about medical for AOS/I-130

Wikiposts

Question about medical for AOS/I-130

Old Jul 23rd 2002, 6:20 am
Rod

Default Question about medical for AOS/I-130

I got married back in February, 2002. I filed all the forms personally with my wife
in Arlington, VA in late March, 2002. I have been legally in the US for the last 24
years. When I arrived I started attending elementary school and studied all the way
through college. I remember getting immunizations, etc during those years through my
pediatrician and when transferring schools.

INS only sent me a letter with the interview date (Jan 2003), fingerprinting date
(June 2002), and employment authorization card pickup date (April 2002). There was no
information about the medical. Should I assume I do not need a medical? On the forms
I filled out, it was clear I had been here for a long time and had all of my
schooling in the US.

I only became concerned after reading about medical's in this group. If it matters, I
originally entered on a student visa (dependent of an F-1 I think) and then switched
to a diplomatic visa (A-2).

Should I simply go to the interview and see what happens? Worst case is I get it
after the interview, right?

I really appreciate any insight.

-Rod