Reload this Page >

Question about London K1 process

Wikiposts

Question about London K1 process

Old Jul 13th 2002, 2:20 am
Heidi

Default Question about London K1 process

My fiance was reading over the OF-169 (don't know if I've got that form number
right) but he said that the form said that he needed to get police certificates from
all the places *in the country* he'd lived for a period of more than six months.
This would mean he'd need one not only from his hometown but also from Manchester,
where he went to uni.

Are we reading the form correctly? He said he's got the police record from Scotland
Yard, but not the ones from individual cities/towns. Does he need the individual ones
as well? Previously we'd been under the impression that he needed only certificates
from all countries where he'd lived more than six months.

Thanks in advance!!! We want to get that darn packet sent in asap

Old Jul 13th 2002, 3:11 am
Forum Regular

Ptarmigan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Question about London K1 process

No, the one from Scotland Yard will be fine, the form is confusing, I am an ex UK Police Officer, the POlice use a system called the Police National Computer over there and all the local forces are linked into it. I had moved around a bit and they only needed the one.

Dont worry about the procedure for K1, it is really not as bad as many people make out.

I went through it recently and if i can be of assistance please email me

[email protected]
Old Jul 13th 2002, 3:20 am
Blue Jjjj312412

The certificate he has from scotland yard is from the national database and will
cover the whole country. When he filled in the request form it will have asked him
for all the different areas and separate counties in which he has resided for over
six months at a time. So on the letter he has from Scotland Yard , where it says " no
records held " , it is all covered. Jacq

Old Jul 13th 2002, 4:20 am
Morkai Kurst

If you are doing the K1 and have had your I-129F petition approved then the packet 3
your fiance was sent should have consisted of:

DS-230 part 1 - biographic info OF-156 - NonImmigrant Visa Application DS-156K -
NonImmigrant Fiance Visa Application IV15 - checklist

The only police certificate required is the one from Scotland Yard. Instructions say:

"A seperate certificate is usually required from the police of each country in which
you have lived for 12 months or more after the age of 16. (the period is 6 months if
country of birth or current residence). This certificate must state wether you have a
police record in that country. (See IV15a for additional information concerning
police certificates.)"

I cannot find any reference to a form OF-169. The above is what I recieved in my
packet 3. The above is the only police certificate requirements in that package.
IV15a explains the process in a little more detail saying which countries not to
bother getting a police certificate from and how to apply for one in the UK.

hth

Morkai

"Heidi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > My fiance was reading over the OF-169 (don't know if I've got that form number
    > right) but he said that the form said that he needed to get police certificates
    > from all the places *in the country* he'd lived for a period of more than six
    > months. This would mean he'd need one not only from his hometown but also from
    > Manchester, where he went to uni.
    >
    > Are we reading the form correctly? He said he's got the police record from Scotland
    > Yard, but not the ones from individual cities/towns. Does he need the individual
    > ones as well? Previously we'd been under the impression that he needed only
    > certificates from all countries where he'd lived more than six months.
    >
    > Thanks in advance!!! We want to get that darn packet sent in asap

Old Jul 13th 2002, 9:20 am
Heidi

Score! Means I've just got to get my toosh in gear and get the affidavit of support
to him (and my parents') and we'll be all set.

I was in despair about all of this on Thursday, but now I'm feeling much,
much better.

good luck to both of us!

Old Jul 13th 2002, 10:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

When he gets his police report, if it has a blue line at the top and bottom, that's the one the INS require.
Just in case he has ever lived abroad in the same place for longer than 12 months, he would also need one from each country, and they need to be translated into English and notarized.

good luck
Old Jul 14th 2002, 4:20 am
Heidi

He's not actually been sent the packet yet--we'd like to open a provisional file and
get everything sent in, so that when London gets the word from the TSC, hopefully
things will move more quickly.

Thanks for the help We're both much relieved.

Old Jul 14th 2002, 4:20 am
Heidi

Thanks for the help We're not too worried about the London side of things--just
getting that 2nd NOA was very relieving. We just want to make sure that we get
everything right so that the London part goes as smoothly!

Old Jul 14th 2002, 5:20 am
Morkai Kurst

ahh no prob, well the document list still holds true.

If you goto

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_web...processing.htm

it tells you all about the visa app and gives links to fillable PDF's of all the
forms. I have noticed some inconsistency between the form link names and the names of
the forms in the text. However the packet of forms they sent is correct to the pdf
links. Just ignore the names in the text. I assume they changed the form names
slightly but forgot to change the text of the page.

Also may help if you haven't seen it is the vacination chart - its a tiny link at the
top of the medical examination page, easy missed. Gives you all the info of what is
required depending on age. Wish I'd seen it before as I could have saved myself the
hep b jabs since I don't actually need them. Oh well, least I'm vaccinated now

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_web...ccinechart.htm

Good luck

Morkai

"Heidi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > He's not actually been sent the packet yet--we'd like to open a provisional file
    > and get everything sent in, so that when London gets the word from the TSC,
    > hopefully things will move more quickly.
    >
    > Thanks for the help We're both much relieved.