Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Question about INS interview for naturalization

Wikiposts

Question about INS interview for naturalization

Old Jun 14th 2002, 2:20 am
Cedric Fernande

Default Question about INS interview for naturalization

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had an idea of what they do at the INS interview for
naturalization recently. I know that they will test for written and spoken English as
well as for history/knowledge of US govt. But is it all with an officer or do they
now have a computer test of sorts? Would appreciate any information. Thanks, Cedric

Old Jun 14th 2002, 10:20 am
Nyugati

Default Re: Question about INS interview for naturalization

No computer test, only on a printed form. It is so easy, that it is almost shameful.

"Cedric Fernandes; ENEE" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:Pine.GSO.4.31L.02.0206140907470....engr.umbc.edu...
    > Hi, I was wondering if anyone had an idea of what they do at the INS interview
    > for naturalization recently. I know that they will test for written and spoken
    > English as well as for history/knowledge of US govt. But is it all with an
    > officer or do they now have a computer test of sorts? Would appreciate any
    > information. Thanks, Cedric

Old Jun 14th 2002, 4:20 pm
Lord Hamster

I just had my test this week, so I can help here.

I arrived at the INS office for my interview. The INS lady came out 15 min late but
was very very very nice. Great lady. First I had to swear to tell the truth, the
whole truth, and nothing but the truth so help me god. Anyway she first engaged me in
some smalltalk (presumably to get an idea of my language skills and to put me at
ease). Then she went through the application form I had submited with me. We made a
few corrections and then she had me sign the form. Next she printed out a list of
questions (a randomly selected list of 10 questions from the 100 in the study guide).
Next the lady asked me the four questions oraly, and allowed me to give my answers.
After passing that portion, I was asked to read a sentence "The stars on our flag are
white." Then she had me write a sentence "I drove to Cleveland today." She said I'm
approved and I'll get my swearing in date mailed to me. She saw me out and I was on
my way. The whole process was painless and the lady was an absolute pleasure to deal
with. I've never had such a great experience with the INS.

Now I'm eagerly awaiting my swearing in. I'm very excited.

"Cedric Fernandes; ENEE" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:Pine.GSO.4.31L.02.0206140907470....engr.umbc.edu...
    > Hi, I was wondering if anyone had an idea of what they do at the INS interview
    > for naturalization recently. I know that they will test for written and spoken
    > English as well as for history/knowledge of US govt. But is it all with an
    > officer or do they now have a computer test of sorts? Would appreciate any
    > information. Thanks, Cedric

Old Jun 15th 2002, 3:20 am
Bm

Wow finally a story about a nice one. I knew they weren't all mean. It's one of those
deals where you only hear about the bad ones anyway.

"Lord Hamster" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I just had my test this week, so I can help here.
    >
    > I arrived at the INS office for my interview. The INS lady came out 15 min late but
    > was very very very nice. Great lady. First I had to swear to tell the truth, the
    > whole truth, and nothing but the truth so help me god.
Anyway
    > she first engaged me in some smalltalk (presumably to get an idea of my language
    > skills and to put me at ease). Then she went through the application form I had
    > submited with me. We made a few corrections and
then
    > she had me sign the form. Next she printed out a list of questions (a randomly
    > selected list of 10 questions from the 100 in the study guide). Next the lady asked
    > me the four questions oraly, and allowed me to give my answers. After passing that
    > portion, I was asked to read a sentence "The stars on our flag are white." Then she
    > had me write a sentence "I drove to Cleveland today." She said I'm approved and
    > I'll get my swearing in date mailed to me. She saw me out and I was on my way. The
    > whole process was painless and the lady was an absolute pleasure to deal with. I've
    > never had such a great experience with the INS.
    >
    > Now I'm eagerly awaiting my swearing in. I'm very excited.
    >
    >
    >
    > "Cedric Fernandes; ENEE" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:Pine.GSO.4.31L.02.0206140907470....engr.umbc.edu...
    > > Hi, I was wondering if anyone had an idea of what they do at the INS
interview
    > > for naturalization recently. I know that they will test for written and spoken
    > > English as well as for history/knowledge of US govt. But is it
all
    > > with an officer or do they now have a computer test of sorts? Would appreciate
    > > any information. Thanks, Cedric
    >