Reload this Page >

Question about Direct filing in London

Wikiposts

Question about Direct filing in London

Old May 19th 2003, 9:21 am
Just Joined

chrisstephwelch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question about Direct filing in London

What are the qualification for being able to Dircet file in London. I am a USC in London on a Spousal visa, my husband is a UKC. I have only been here for about two months. Do we qualify for direct filing with London to get my husband his US visa. With everything we have read we are of the opinion that I will have to move back to the states without my husband, re-establish residency and then file the paper work for him to get his visa. I do not like the idea of being seperated from my husband and I am trying to figure out how we get around the seperation. Any advice would be helpful. Thank You
Old May 19th 2003, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

kariml is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Question about Direct filing in London

Originally posted by chrisstephwelch
What are the qualification for being able to Dircet file in London. I am a USC in London on a Spousal visa, my husband is a UKC. I have only been here for about two months. Do we qualify for direct filing with London to get my husband his US visa. With everything we have read we are of the opinion that I will have to move back to the states without my husband, re-establish residency and then file the paper work for him to get his visa. I do not like the idea of being seperated from my husband and I am trying to figure out how we get around the seperation. Any advice would be helpful. Thank You
I do not believe that London offers DCF.
Here is a link with additional information on DCF and which consulates offer it:
http://k1.exit.com/dcf.html

Kari
Old May 19th 2003, 10:08 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by kariml
I do not believe that London offers DCF.
Here is a link with additional information on DCF and which consulates offer it:
http://k1.exit.com/dcf.html

Kari
Kari, don't confuse that list with reality. That list is an old version that shows countries that DCF *for non-resident USC spouses*. All countries (except Canada and Mexico) offer DCF for resident USCs.

OP: there are ways of establishing domicile from abroad (job/apartment/school hunting as examples). Tho I know of one poster from here where the USC went ahead to establish domicile, it is my opinion that it is not required. That's of course, my opinion.

Read the London Embassy & State Dept's website carefully on this subject.
Old May 19th 2003, 10:09 am
Just Joined

AmandaDell is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, you should be able to file DCF in London. The requirement is that you are a resident in the UK and being in the UK with entry clearence should be enough proof to show that you are resident.
I posted a similar question recently. Do a search on DCF in London and you will get plenty of info.
Old May 19th 2003, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

kariml is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by meauxna
Kari, don't confuse that list with reality. That list is an old version that shows countries that DCF *for non-resident USC spouses*. All countries (except Canada and Mexico) offer DCF for resident USCs.

OP: there are ways of establishing domicile from abroad (job/apartment/school hunting as examples). Tho I know of one poster from here where the USC went ahead to establish domicile, it is my opinion that it is not required. That's of course, my opinion.

Read the London Embassy & State Dept's website carefully on this subject.
I do apologize, I missed the part about resident versus non-resident.
Thanks for pointing that out

Kari
Old May 19th 2003, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

northspoon is just really nicenorthspoon is just really nicenorthspoon is just really nicenorthspoon is just really nicenorthspoon is just really nicenorthspoon is just really nicenorthspoon is just really nicenorthspoon is just really nicenorthspoon is just really nicenorthspoon is just really nicenorthspoon is just really nice

Yes Chris u can DCF at London
My USC hubby used his "entry clearance visa" as proof of residency (even though he was in the states) and petitioned directly to London in February 2003
We got our visa's on Friday!!!