question about case status Information for my I485

question about case status Information for my I485

Old Aug 22nd 2006, 1:26 am
flipperz_39

flipperz_39 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default question about case status Information for my I485

Dear experts:

I apologize for bugging you again.

I am in the US on a K1 visa. I got my advance parole and employment authorization approved just few days ago literally, and got my EAD today in the mail.

Now tonight, I got an email notification from USCIS about my I485. In fact, I got it just 30 minutes ago!!!

The message is as follows:

"......

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On August 21, 2006, a welcome notice was mailed for this case. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this notice. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 during business hours.
............."

What does this mean? I know it means that my I485 has been approved, but does that imply that I will soon get a green card as well?

We have not given an interview yet, and am not sure how this got approved without an interview. Dont people have to give an interview to get their I485 approved??

I am excited but confused. Has anyone experienced the same? If yes, can you please explain to me what this implies?

Thanks!
flip
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 2:05 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: question about case status Information for my I485

Originally Posted by flipperz_39
I am excited but confused. Has anyone experienced the same? If yes, can you please explain to me what this implies?

Thanks!
flip
Hi flip,

Sometimes cases ARE approved without an interview. It doesn't happen to often, but it can happen. If you get an approval notice in the mail, and then your green card, you'll know it was true.

Or, USCIS could have posted the wrong thing up on your case. Wait a while and see if you get something in the mail, or if that case status message goes away or changes.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 2:13 am
flipperz_39

flipperz_39 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: question about case status Information for my I485

Hello Noorah101:

Thanks again for your prompt response!

I'll be waiting for the notice via mail. I just hope that it is approved and not a bug in the system.

flip out!

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi flip,

Sometimes cases ARE approved without an interview. It doesn't happen to often, but it can happen. If you get an approval notice in the mail, and then your green card, you'll know it was true.

Or, USCIS could have posted the wrong thing up on your case. Wait a while and see if you get something in the mail, or if that case status message goes away or changes.

Best Wishes,
Rene