Wikiposts

Question

Old Jun 1st 2007, 1:29 am
Just Joined

Rick1980 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question

Dear experts,

Last week had an interview for my I-485, the interview went great and the immigration officer approved my wife's petition but said my GC will be pending because of the background check did not come back yet...which is expected knowing where I am from

a little backgound on my case: I applied for the following I-131 & I-765 and I already got both of them

my question is that after the interview, the officer took out my I-94 and draw a line across my h1-b visa...now was he supposed to stamp my passport?

what shall i expect in mail soon? a temperary GC or what? pending my background check!

Thanks
Old Jun 1st 2007, 2:08 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question

Originally Posted by Rick1980
Dear experts,

Last week had an interview for my I-485, the interview went great and the immigration officer approved my wife's petition but said my GC will be pending because of the background check did not come back yet...which is expected knowing where I am from

a little backgound on my case: I applied for the following I-131 & I-765 and I already got both of them

my question is that after the interview, the officer took out my I-94 and draw a line across my h1-b visa...now was he supposed to stamp my passport?

what shall i expect in mail soon? a temperary GC or what? pending my background check!

Thanks
You will, at some point in the future, receive a welcome to the US letter stating your petition has been approved and your green card mailed to you. When will that be? Don't have a clue. My crystal is murky this morning. But judging from others it can be one month to 3 years down the line.

No he was not suppose to stamp your passport. You have not been approved so he cannot stamp your passport. You are still a pending adjuster and are in the lang of limbo. If your H-1B is expired and/or you are working for a new employer, remember to renew your EAD and AP. Also note it is going to cost a heck of a lot more from the end of July, 2007 until the AOS is approved and green card received to renew these items.
Old Jun 1st 2007, 3:50 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rete
You will, at some point in the future, receive a welcome to the US letter stating your petition has been approved and your green card mailed to you. When will that be? Don't have a clue. My crystal is murky this morning. But judging from others it can be one month to 3 years down the line.

No he was not suppose to stamp your passport. You have not been approved so he cannot stamp your passport. You are still a pending adjuster and are in the lang of limbo. If your H-1B is expired and/or you are working for a new employer, remember to renew your EAD and AP. Also note it is going to cost a heck of a lot more from the end of July, 2007 until the AOS is approved and green card received to renew these items.
Thank you for your help!

another question please: once the background check is clear, do I have to go back to get the stamp? or i just simply get the temp. GC by mail? and if i had to go back to get the stamp, would it be another interview or just simply a stamp and your out?
Old Jun 1st 2007, 3:59 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your help!

another question please: once the background check is clear, do I have to go back to get the stamp? or i just simply get the temp. GC by mail? and if i had to go back to get the stamp, would it be another interview or just simply a stamp and your out?
Once your background check is clear, USCIS should automatically produce the green card and mail it to you.

If you receive an approval in the mail (or via email), and you need to travel before you receive your plastic green card, you can go in person and try to get the I-551 stamp. Bring proof of your urgent need to travel, and be prepared for them NOT to give you a stamp, but to be told to just wait for your card to show up in the mail. Not all offices give out the I-551 stamp willingly. There would not be another interview involved.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Jun 1st 2007, 6:35 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your help!

Rick, it's like Noorah answered, the card will just be mailed to you.

Many offices are simply not giving out the I-551 stamp anymore, so don't worry if you never get one.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 7:44 am
Just Joined

Thank you all for your help!

one more question: we went through our interview last week and everything went okay and now we are just waiting for my background check to clear...would the electronic status on my wife's I-130 now change or it will be pending just like the I-485, til my name is clear?

Thanks,

Rick
Old Jun 4th 2007, 8:36 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you all for your help!

one more question: we went through our interview last week and everything went okay and now we are just waiting for my background check to clear...would the electronic status on my wife's I-130 now change or it will be pending just like the I-485, til my name is clear?

Thanks,

Rick
I don't really know much about the online system other than it is not a very reliable indicator of reality (there is one poster here who has been a USC for years now and I think his status as a PR still shows as 'pending').

Common sense tells me that the interview satisfied the approval of the I-130 (which determines US citizenship and relationship to the beneficiary), but I don't know what difference it makes to you at this moment.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 8:54 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by meauxna
I don't really know much about the online system other than it is not a very reliable indicator of reality (there is one poster here who has been a USC for years now and I think his status as a PR still shows as 'pending').

Common sense tells me that the interview satisfied the approval of the I-130 (which determines US citizenship and relationship to the beneficiary), but I don't know what difference it makes to you at this moment.
I just want to make sure I stay on the top of things! I read about a significant number of USCIS mistakes...I just want to be proactive and act accordingly! (just in case I need something)...thanks for your response