Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Question on OF 156 Form

Wikiposts

Question on OF 156 Form

Old Jun 16th 2002, 5:20 pm
Dabear?

Default Question on OF 156 Form

My Fiancee sent our K1 on Friday to CA service center so I am getting a little ahead
of myself and just checking questions on forms for Interview. There is Question 21.
When do you intend to Arrive in the US. I was wondering if an answer of " Within 6
months of approved K1 Visa". Is that a good answer or does someone else have a better
one? I don't plan on packing and moving the next day after the interview in
Vancouver.

Old Jun 16th 2002, 6:24 pm
Mrtravel

Default Re: Question on OF 156 Form

Dabear© wrote:
    >
    > My Fiancee sent our K1 on Friday to CA service center so I am getting a little
    > ahead of myself and just checking questions on forms for Interview. There is
    > Question 21. When do you intend to Arrive in the US. I was wondering if an answer
    > of " Within 6 months of approved K1 Visa". Is that a good answer or does someone
    > else have a better one? I don't plan on packing and moving the next day after the
    > interview in Vancouver.

This part of the form is brouggh to the interview. Will you have a better guess of
the arrival date on the day of the interview? If so, then give that estimate even if
it is "within 30 days". If not, then say "within 6 months". I realize you aren't
planning on packing and moving the day after the interview. I can't imagine why you
wouldn't be planning this as soon as you get your notice of the interview date.

Old Jun 17th 2002, 3:20 am
Dabear?

Default Re: Question on OF 156 Form

well I am a bit worried about finding work ASAP so I figured the more money I can
bank here and have with me, the better it will be for both of us.

mrtravel wrote:

> Dabear© wrote:
    > >
    > > My Fiancee sent our K1 on Friday to CA service center so I am getting a little
    > > ahead of myself and just checking questions on forms for Interview. There is
    > > Question 21. When do you intend to Arrive in the US. I was wondering if an answer
    > > of " Within 6 months of approved K1 Visa". Is that a good answer or does someone
    > > else have a better one? I don't plan on packing and moving the next day after the
    > > interview in Vancouver.
    >
    > This part of the form is brouggh to the interview. Will you have a better guess of
    > the arrival date on the day of the interview? If so, then give that estimate even
    > if it is "within 30 days". If not, then say "within 6 months". I realize you aren't
    > planning on packing and moving the day after the interview. I can't imagine why you
    > wouldn't be planning this as soon as you get your notice of the interview date.