Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Ques about entry on DCF greencard visa..

Wikiposts

Ques about entry on DCF greencard visa..

Old Jan 27th 2001, 8:20 am
MichelleF

Hi all...

My husband will be enterint the US in 2 weeks on the immigrant visa he got from the
consulate after doing our DCF. Now they cancelled his
B1/B2 in his passport, and all he has is the paper visa which is a one time entry....

the question... the stamp that goes in his passport at the POE, does that allow him to go
in and out of the USA as he pleases (for business trips) or do we have to file for a
travel document?

Thanks! Michelle

Old Jan 27th 2001, 9:05 am
Grinch

| the question... the stamp that goes in his passport at the POE, does that allow him to
| go in and out of the USA as he pleases (for business trips) or do we have to file for a
| travel document?

Yes and No respectively

Grinch

Old Jan 27th 2001, 9:49 am
Sophie T

Hi,

First of all, congratulations... All your husband needs is the stamp in the passport until
his actual green card arrives in the mail. It took about 2 months for my husband to
receive his, but I've read that it can vary a lot.

Best wishes,

--Sophie

> Hi all...
>
> My husband will be enterint the US in 2 weeks on the immigrant visa he got from the
> consulate after doing our DCF. Now they cancelled his
> B1/B2 in his passport, and all he has is the paper visa which is a one time entry....
>
> the question... the stamp that goes in his passport at the POE, does that allow him to
> go in and out of the USA as he pleases (for business trips) or do we have to file for a
> travel document?
>
> Thanks! Michelle

Old Jan 27th 2001, 8:11 pm
MichelleF

Thank you both for your quick replies.. hopefully he'll be a little less worried now!!

Michelle

Old Dec 15th 2003, 5:10 pm
space needle

Originally posted by MichelleF
Hi all...

My husband will be enterint the US in 2 weeks on the immigrant visa he got from the
consulate after doing our DCF. Now they cancelled his
B1/B2 in his passport, and all he has is the paper visa which is a one time entry....

the question... the stamp that goes in his passport at the POE, does that allow him to go
in and out of the USA as he pleases (for business trips) or do we have to file for a
travel document?

Thanks! Michelle
think you have to file

Old Dec 15th 2003, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

jg1012002 is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband came in 3 1/2 weeks ago with an immigrant visa. His passport was stamped with a one year immigrant visa and we received his green card 3 weeks later, and that is good for 2 years.

If we do not have the permanent green card before the expiration of the temporary green card, then I would presume at that point we would need to get and advance parole but that is just my presumption right now.
Old Dec 15th 2003, 10:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by space needle
think you have to file
Space needle,
I think you need to look at the date of this thread.....
Old Dec 15th 2003, 11:50 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

space,

you also need to educate yourself.....

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by dutchman2001nl
Space needle,
I think you need to look at the date of this thread.....
Old Dec 16th 2003, 12:39 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jg1012002
My husband came in 3 1/2 weeks ago with an immigrant visa. His passport was stamped with a one year immigrant visa and we received his green card 3 weeks later, and that is good for 2 years.

If we do not have the permanent green card before the expiration of the temporary green card, then I would presume at that point we would need to get and advance parole but that is just my presumption right now.
jg,
at the Consulate and the POE, the GC recipient is instructed that they need to remove conditions from their status 1 year 9 months after entry (if they indeed have conditions, ie married less than 2 years at entry). The NOA from that application (I-751) + "expired" GC + passport seem to be enough for re-entry. A GC holder would not apply for advance parole.