Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Queries with medical (AOS)

Wikiposts

Queries with medical (AOS)

Old Jun 14th 2005, 12:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Lara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to behold
Default Queries with medical (AOS)

On my I-797C it states: "If you have not already submitted it, bring a completed medical examination (Form I693) and vaccination supplement in a sealed envelope".

I thought that if you entered as a K1/K2 you didn't need another medical but that you only needed the vaccination supplement from a Civil Surgeon??

Another question ... a while back having checked that my and my daughter's vaccinations were up-to-date with our family doctor he gave us a TB test. My daughter's test was clear but mine came back positive. HE sent me for an X ray and that was clear. (I had the TB vaccine as a youngster - UK). Can someone tell me what the implications of this will be on the AOS??

I have the vaccinnation forms completed by the doctor at London and so if I obtain a list of vaccinations that we've had done since we arrived here, make an appointment to see a Civil Surgeon and take these along with us - will that suffice???? (at the moment I'm holding back from making any appointment until I know what's happening with my daughter's AOS appointment as per previous post).

Any advice?? comments???
Old Jun 14th 2005, 3:33 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Queries with medical (AOS)

Lara,

The language on your I-797C is boilerplate, not customized to your specific case. If you submitted your application for adjustment within a year of the visa medical exam then you do not need another exam. The visa exam worksheets are (should be, anyway) in your case file.

If the vaccination worksheet from your visa medical exam was complete then you shouldn't need the I-693 vaccination supplement, either, although this seems to be open to interpretation. But you say that you've had additional vaccinations since your visa medical exam, indicating that your vaccination worksheet was not complete, so you do need the I-693 vaccination supplement.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Lara45
On my I-797C it states: "If you have not already submitted it, bring a completed medical examination (Form I693) and vaccination supplement in a sealed envelope".

I thought that if you entered as a K1/K2 you didn't need another medical but that you only needed the vaccination supplement from a Civil Surgeon??

Another question ... a while back having checked that my and my daughter's vaccinations were up-to-date with our family doctor he gave us a TB test. My daughter's test was clear but mine came back positive. HE sent me for an X ray and that was clear. (I had the TB vaccine as a youngster - UK). Can someone tell me what the implications of this will be on the AOS??

I have the vaccinnation forms completed by the doctor at London and so if I obtain a list of vaccinations that we've had done since we arrived here, make an appointment to see a Civil Surgeon and take these along with us - will that suffice???? (at the moment I'm holding back from making any appointment until I know what's happening with my daughter's AOS appointment as per previous post).

Any advice?? comments???
Old Jun 14th 2005, 3:35 am
Forum Regular

USimmigrant has a brilliant futureUSimmigrant has a brilliant futureUSimmigrant has a brilliant futureUSimmigrant has a brilliant futureUSimmigrant has a brilliant futureUSimmigrant has a brilliant futureUSimmigrant has a brilliant future

Any advice?? comments???

On my I-797C it states: "If you have not already submitted it"
this sentence means all and if you have the supplement vaccination u will be alright
Old Jun 14th 2005, 3:39 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lara,

You are correct. If you entered on a K-1, and filed for AOS within 1 year of your medical in the UK, you do not need a whole new medical in the USA, just the vaccination supplement.

Take your proof of vaccinations to the approved civil surgeon. He has the correct form there to fill out. He'll return it to you in a sealed envelope which you then take to your AOS interview.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Jun 14th 2005, 3:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Lara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi Lara,

You are correct. If you entered on a K-1, and filed for AOS within 1 year of your medical in the UK, you do not need a whole new medical in the USA, just the vaccination supplement.

Take your proof of vaccinations to the approved civil surgeon. He has the correct form there to fill out. He'll return it to you in a sealed envelope which you then take to your AOS interview.

Best Wishes,
Rene

Thank you all!!

Rene - sorry to be a pain!!

So even though I FILED the AOS WITHIN 1 year of my medical - by the time the interview is held my medical will be over a year old - I dont have to have another medical?? (When I filed the AOS I didn't file any medical records because they were handed in at the POE when we arrived here and I assumed then that they already had that??)

I'm just double-double checking everything!!
Old Jun 14th 2005, 5:19 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you all!!

Rene - sorry to be a pain!!

So even though I FILED the AOS WITHIN 1 year of my medical - by the time the interview is held my medical will be over a year old - I dont have to have another medical?? (When I filed the AOS I didn't file any medical records because they were handed in at the POE when we arrived here and I assumed then that they already had that??)

I'm just double-double checking everything!!
Hi Lara,

You're not a pain! Everyone has questions and double checks everything...not a problem.

That's correct. As long as you *filed* AOS within a year, you shouldn't need a new medical, even if the actual interview is more than a year later.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Jun 14th 2005, 5:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi Lara,

You're not a pain! Everyone has questions and double checks everything...not a problem.

That's correct. As long as you *filed* AOS within a year, you shouldn't need a new medical, even if the actual interview is more than a year later.

Best Wishes,
Rene

Thank you Rene!!!